Tell me about golf in Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo area

Lou W

Reaction score
Handicap
We are planning a move there up from SD to be closer to the kids in Goleta. Might happen in 6 weeks or so. Anyone care to give a quick cliff notes low down on the area courses.

We are planning a move there up from SD to be closer to the kids in Goleta. Might happen in 6 weeks or so. Anyone care to give a quick cliff notes low down on the area courses.

Goleta has really only 3 local courses. Sandpiper, Glen Annie, and SB Muni. I like Glen Annie the most. Sandpiper is on the water but I think overrated.

GA and Muni have great men’s clubs. I was in both a year ago.

You can also drive to Soule Park which is one the best courses around. They have a great men’s club too. Cheap to join.

Olivas links is south and fun. North you get La Purisma and courses in Los Olivos.

Easiest tee times to get are Glen Annie, Soule, or Sandpiper.

My advice is join the men’s clubs at GA, Muni, and Soule. There is also a rotating one called Club Hoppers that has a great group of guys. SCGA also has a rebate program for joining multiple.

You’ll meet the same folks at all 4 and worth the $200-300 to join all of them (after the rebate). That way you’ll get tee times and preferential rates and have a group of people to meet.

Back