Tell me about Yoga

I absolutely love that at 1am, CraigPutt is pondering Yoga hahaha

Do I buy into it? Hell yes.
Do I actively do it? Sadly, no.

In his defense I think in his time zone that was only 11PM. I do yoga in the morning but I usually wait until 6:30 or so.

In his defense I think in his time zone that was only 11PM. I do yoga in the morning but I usually wait until 6:30 or so.
In my defense, it's funnier to think it was 1am :ROFLMAO:

I go through spurts of doing it and love how I feel every time. I just need to get more consistent with it. I've used Yoga with Adrianne videos on Youtube primarily as well as DDP Yoga which was awesome. Honestly my body feels so much better when I do it consistently and I feel pretty relaxed after each session. Something about the breathing really seems to relax me.

One of my favorite things is to do a yoga session and then get on the foam roller and work out my full body. I feel like a puddle of goo after that, it's pretty awesome.

I do it occasionally now but went regularly a few years back and loved it. I wasn't golfing much when I was taking yoga but I was playing competitive rugby and I can say yoga helped a lot. It really helped me with my hip flexibility which is important for rugby and probably really translates to golf. More than anything I found it very relaxing and a great stress relief.

Yoga/Pilates has helped my lower back issues and strengthened my core. I've gained some flexibility but more importantly it's helped my back recover from my round a lot quicker. Throw in a weekly visit to my chiropractor and its a solid combination.

I tried it a few years back when I tried the P90X workouts. It’s much harder than it looks and made me sweat as much or more than most cardio workouts.

I never felt like it helped with anything other than burning calories and getting better at yoga. I feel like improving core strength is better achieved through heavy lifts like squats, bench, deadlifts, shoulder press, etc.

Hi there, I've been practicing yoga for 3 months already. I'm still getting into it but I already like the results.

Do you go to a studio or do it online? If online what did you use to get started?

I do yoga over the winter. I favor Rodney Yee. I cannot do advanced or power yoga positions or pace. Just not that flexible and some moves hurt. Following beginner, intermediate or sports related videos 3x week removes some restrictions and makes me feel stronger as well.

I do about 15 minutes of stretching almost every day. It's amazing. I really focus on core flexibility and I try to stretch all the way around my hips with various poses and stretches. When you get good at breathing and relaxing you can suck air into your lungs or stomach and really get just a little extra on every stretch too. I can't imagine you regretting starting a yoga practice.

This is the 3rd edition of the book I read 15 years ago and learned how to really stretch (Yoga).

Anything that helps you improve your flexibility, core strength and balance is going to help your golf game, which is exactly what yoga does.
Ive tried yoga and is a legit workout, I just prefer lifting weights and doing cardio over yoga.

I do about 15 minutes of stretching almost every day. It's amazing. I really focus on core flexibility and I try to stretch all the way around my hips with various poses and stretches. When you get good at breathing and relaxing you can suck air into your lungs or stomach and really get just a little extra on every stretch too. I can't imagine you regretting starting a yoga practice.

This is the 3rd edition of the book I read 15 years ago and learned how to really stretch (Yoga).
I’ve been doing this over the last three weeks and I have to admit it works. I just need new stretches but I carve 15 minutes a day, at least.

I tried a beginners yoga class twice and both times I found it too difficult. I understand Pilates is more gentle but to be honest neither really appeal to me. Maybe when I start playing golf in the spring I might have a different story.

I do some basic yoga every morning just to stretch myself out. I also do Reformer Pilates twice a week. About half of my Pilates class are golfers and about 25% are guys in the 40 to 60 age range.

I went to my first yoga class last night. It was a bit embarrassing. Basically, I am stiff as a board compared to those who attend regularly. 😂. As I was suffering through it, though, I could easily see how doing it regularly would provide some fantastic benefits. I even think i would boost my swing speed a couple miles an hour by increasing my flexibility.

I went to my first yoga class last night. It was a bit embarrassing. Basically, I am stiff as a board compared to those who attend regularly. 😂. As I was suffering through it, though, I could easily see how doing it regularly would provide some fantastic benefits. I even think i would boost my swing speed a couple miles an hour by increasing my flexibility.
So glad you jumped in. I can see how going to a class would be intimidating, I mean I'm still laughing at myself when I do it at home because i'm not flexible either, and I've been doing yoga for the last year or so. Give it some time, and you will notice a difference on the mat, as well as in day to day movements and on the course.

I need to increase my flexibility, so I SHOULD do yoga. But we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been doing some with my wife for the last couple of weeks. I feel much better physically on the days we do it. It'll take awhile until I get where I want flexibility wise. Really tight throughout my entire body but most notably my calves, hips, back actually yeah my entire body.

Side note, I read this thread when it first came out and in fact this partly led me to start, BUT as I was scrolling down the list of what's new as I passed this title I could have sworn it said tell me about YODA.

I’m older and stiffer, at least where I don’t want to be. I know I need to do yoga but it’s all a matter of time. I love working out. I lift, spin and now row. I’ve been enough yoga to be past the embarrassing part for me. Just need to rearrange my time to do it more

Good for you. Yoga instructors are generally very good with newbies. I went to a class for a while where the instructor would always remind us that sometimes when stretching and relaxing people might unexpectedly pass gas. She always said that is OK, it's normal. I always thought to myself "It may be normal, but I hope I don't do it and if someone else does I am still giggling"

Anymore classes @Tenputt ? Was just doing some yoga tonight and thought about this thread.

I have a super basic yoga workout I do 3-5 mornings a week. I am about the least flexible person around and this is according to multiple PTs, Doctors and Chiros. My issue with some of the online stuff is even the easy stuff I can't get into the starting positions. This particular video I follow I can do and it definitely helps me feel better and gets me moving in the mornings. I have a bad back and right hip and I definitely feel better all day if I do my little yoga routine every day.

I have never been to a class. Frankly they scare me because of my physical limittations.

Would you mind to share that basic workout? I'm looking to possibly ease into some yoga

My in-house yogi started me on a daily practice today. I am committing to 30 days in a row. Introductory basics with a focus on spine and hips. And for the record, I'm terrible at yoga. I need bolsters and rolled up blankets. :D

Back