Tell us about how to save $ playing golf in your area......

There are a ton of beautiful 9 hole courses in my area, and around a group of 10 of them have a deal in place all within an hour and a half drive. Most within 40 min radius.

If you buy a yearly membership at any of them, and show your membership card at another course that is part of this, you get 50% off your green fees at that course.

I've used this quite often over the last few years. My membership costs $600/can per year, and includes the golf canada membership with insurance, etc.

I mean sounds odd, but for me in Houston it was join a private club. It happens to be club corp so we can travel and play a bunch of different clubs and with the amount I played in 2020 I wouldn't be able to afford that mixing it up at public course. Might be hard to find a good "value" but if you really want to play a good amount of golf and/or practice joining somewhere seems to be the way to go.

My area you either travel down to Mass where golf is cheap or play twilight rates. My personal fave course is $18 to walk after 430, $24 after 3 so in summer you can easily get 18+ in.

If you live in San Diego a resident card gets you 56$ rounds at Torrey Pines. Amazing rates at balboa and Coronado as well for locals.

Around here, in SoNv, green fees are all over the place, from low, to high. I'm not up to speed on all the prices, but it's a safe guess, fees would run between $35-$500+ per round. I once paid $800 for a round at the Rio Seco GC when it was new. Last I heard it's now around $100+/-.

Player's cards are available for various area courses. These cards, after an initial fee, offer up pretty decent discounts to the courses they represent.

Other courses that were high dollar have now discounted their fees to get more golfers on their properties. The virus has hurt some courses more than other. A few phone calls can locate these some what temporary bargains.

The munis have the lowest prices in the area and get heavy use from the locals.

Visitors staying at the major gaming properties can get discounted green fees. Some green fees, at some nice courses are free for the hotel's high rollers.

After player cards, hotels, and the munis, it boils down to what your pocket book can handle.

A 100+/- mile drive out of the Vegas Valley into AZ, UT, & CA will bring more bargains into play. Again, one's pocket book, address, and the virus are determining factors.

Other factors for green fees are the time of year, and time of day a golfer plays a lot of these course. Summer months, are cheaper than the winter months. Mornings more expensive than afternoons.

Me, during this virus thing I stay in my own little town. I'm paying $25-$35 to walk, or ride after, 12 noon, Monday - Thursday. Just depends on which course I want to play at.

For Phoenix....Play after 11am in the summer. 🔥🔥🔥🔥 deals.
Same here - summer golf is where the good deals are. You can play nice courses for a small fraction of their winter rates.

Same here - summer golf is where the good deals are. You can play nice courses for a small fraction of their winter rates.

speaking of winter rates....there is a great deal right now to play TPC Scottsdale Stadium course. $259 for a 5:30pm tee time. (Sunset in Scottsdale is 5:34pm)

Are you for real about playing at 2am?! That's wild!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

No, that I was kidding, even if I had kept the key there’s no way on earth I’d know where it was 20 years later.

The other one is legit though. Pretty cool to have an entire course to yourself.

I have the PCC card and it it the best golf investment I ever purchased. I am not sure where you live, but there are over 100 courses you can choose from. I live in the Cambridge areas and there are 3 courses within 15 miles of my home that are part of the program. The excluded times don't bother me as I am playing with the Men's club I belong to at those times.
I'm down in Buffalo. We'll have to plan to get a MN THP round a few times this summer. In fact I know that @MattyD-MPLS is working on a weekend at Mystic for some MN/WI fun.

I should probably get the VSGA card myself but never have. Course membership is the best option but only if you play enough to make it worthwhile.

I should probably get the VSGA card myself but never have. Course membership is the best option but only if you play enough to make it worthwhile.
I'm looking at Royal New Kent....They have an Assoc Membership 199 includes 6 rounds and you get discounted guest passes too. That's 75 minutes and I played there 6 times this year but doubt I would this. VSGA was a better deal last year. But hoping the one day events are broad and at nice places.

Here in San Antonio we have several fantastic courses! The golf deals, in terms of cost, are the Alamo Trail Courses. Basically 8 city courses and right now they're all in great shape. There is a lot of golf history on these course, PGA tournaments from yesteryear. If you ever come to San Antonio you should look into a couple of these.

Brackenridge Park - designed by A.W. Tillinghast in 1916, original home of The First Texas Open, past winners include Byron Nelson and Sam Snead, home of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame.

Willow Springs - designed by Emil Loeffler and John McGlynn in 1924, these two played a significant role in the development of Oakmont Country Club PA, many Texas Open's were played here, past winners include Ben Hogan and Sam Snead.

Mission Del Lago - like a British style links course, designed Denis Griffiths is the only American Golf Architect to design a golf course in St. Andrews Scotland.

Northern Hills Golf Club (I'm playing this one Saturday)

Olmos Basin

Riverside - located on the site where Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders trained.

San Pedro

The Alamo Trail courses offer a three tier membership, depending on which one is purchased the cost of golf is greatly discounted.
Absolutely the best golf deal in San Antonio

I'm down in Buffalo. We'll have to plan to get a MN THP round a few times this summer. In fact I know that @MattyD-MPLS is working on a weekend at Mystic for some MN/WI fun.

Sounds like fun, I usually play a couple dozen rounds a year at Wild Marsh, Albion and Whispering Pines. All of which are part of the PCC program.

Sounds like fun, I usually play a couple dozen rounds a year at Wild Marsh, Albion and Whispering Pines. All of which are part of the PCC program.
We'll we'll have to meet up then!

No, that I was kidding, even if I had kept the key there’s no way on earth I’d know where it was 20 years later.

The other one is legit though. Pretty cool to have an entire course to yourself.
Oh man I so wanted it to be true! Haha

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Up here, it's buying a membership. Simple as that. We don't have any of the app saver rates or special promos.

That said, the season membership for your entire family is pretty cheap at the community course. $60 CAD gets your family unlimited access to the golf course, disc golf course, tennis courts, and use of ski trails in winter.

To be fair, the course is quite rustic. But also a ton of fun! Winter rules year round.

tempImagezrFCre.jpg

Here in PA I have taken advantage of hot deals on GolfNow, which are just random discounted tee times at a certain time. I also subscribe to free GroupGolfer emails, where I can get vouchers for local courses at a discount.

My and my buddies purchase a Scotland Run Twilight card every year, good course 10 rounds for $595 and can play after 1:30 in the summer. We also buy Town & Country Golf Links Albatross cards which give us 3 rounds for $139 valid any time. groupgolfer.com deals throughout the year. And my home course Flourtown Country Club is $1575 unlimited walking golf which is very cheap for the area and its a decent 9 hole course.

Let's see....nope, no way to save money here.

Luckily you probably can't get a tee time anyways, so you can't spend anything.

Before using the South Florida PGA pass the last time we vacationed in Florida, we would purchase the "Shark Pass" book associated with the Franklin-Templeton shootout. Although time limited, it afforded us the opportunity to play some incredible courses for a maximum fee of $52.

Join the NCGA and get discounted rates at a few local courses including $165 discount on a round at Poppy Hills.

Join the Dukes Club and get discounts at the Pebble Beach courses - $50 off at Del Monte, $135 off at Spanish Bay and about $180 off at Spyglass Hill. There will also be special rates at Pebble Beach during the winter months.

Monarch Club, which I am a member of. $30 off at Pacific Grove Golf Links, known as the poor mans Pebble Beach, and for good reason.

I just pay a yearly membership fee and always walk so don't incur any additional costs. Ends up costing me $2 - $3 per round.

A few different websites, Underpar, Golf Moose, Golfnow.

Back