Tell us about how to save $ playing golf in your area......

For Phoenix....Play after 11am in the summer. 🔥🔥🔥🔥 deals.

hot deals or I will literally catch on fire in the 120 degree heat?

My buddy got the PCC membership and loves it. Wish they had courses in NE Wisconsin...

hot deals or I will literally catch on fire in the 120 degree heat?
Why not both? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, you can play some truly awesome desert courses in the summer for a small fraction of what they cost this time of year if you're willing to tolerate the heat, and they're also a lot less crowded. While winter is the offseason for much of the country, summer is offseason for the desert.

Seriously though, you can play some truly awesome desert courses in the summer for a small fraction of what they cost this time of year if you're willing to tolerate the heat, and they're also a lot less crowded. While winter is the offseason for much of the country, summer is offseason for the desert.

pretty big if iyam

The public course that I belong to has a $99 walking membership. A lot of courses in the area also offer memberships for $200-400 and you then pay $20ish each round you play, typically with a cart included.

Potentially the #1 way to save money here is to play the best course in the area.
It will sound silly, but our military base 20 minutes away has an amazing course. Fees for the year? $749 for the general public. $625 if you are military.
18 hole course. Immaculate conditions. Beverage carts, restaurant, winter golf school, very good pro shop. Cart fees would be in addition, but come on, very affordable.

Put it in perspective. The janky 9 hole course in the city is $680 for the year. The crappy 18 hole course in the city is $650.

Play the best course, very much get your money's worth.

In terms of cards or anything like that that get you deals here? Really nothing. Or if there are they all require you to play during the week, teeing off mid afternoon. Not ideal.

Much the same here. My buddy was in the Air Force, and then the Reserves. When they'd go on active duty for 2 weeks in the summer, wherever they were sent, the regular Air Force guys didn't want them touching anything! They'd go play basketball or golf! Said some of the courses he played were amazing!

If you want to really save money on golf, just move to NE Ohio or western PA! J/K! But the prices are quite reasonable around here. I've heard more than one person remark on how affordable our golf is.

But, I use Golfnow, the hot deals are limited but you can make them work sometimes. Occasionally my buddy will inform me of a tee time, and will text that I owe his Sister X amount of money. That means she bought the round on Groupon. Plus, we are all retired seniors, and we get the senior discount playing on a weekday. Also in this area, we have the "My Loop Discount Golf Card". This gives you discounts at about a dozen local courses, but there are 2 versions of the card. So double that! These cost $25 a year, and are good for one use per course. Then last year they brought out the black card which costs $100, and is good for unlimited use!

There's all kinds of way to save money depending on where you live.

We have had some great feedback here. Quite often there are local discount programs thru service programs where you buy the service/card and then discounts apply at all member courses. Thank you everyone for stepping in and sharing your program. The best way I have encountered is to become a rater. There are numerous ways to do this. You'll have to dig into this and figure it out. Those programs require applications and acceptance via the hierarchy of the organization. Some are via private organizations and some are thru the golf organizations.

Last edited:
I just remembered something. In this area there is something called the "Penn-Ohio Golf Trail". I never knew about them until last year, when i spotted one of their catalogs in a formerly private club we were playing that has gone public. They can get you on places that you might not normally be able to access. I'll be checking them out, since they have several places on their roster that I and my buddies really want to play!

I’m taking a look at the VSGA site now to see what that card is about.
Your avatar looks good! #chopon

(this post has nothing to do with this thread)

Your avatar looks good! #chopon

(this post has nothing to do with this thread)
Great River one of my faves....Way back when when they first opened....They would take EZLinks....And EZLinks had a way that you could offer deals to buy the 4some. They would reject low ball bids and freeze you out for a day or two....But as I didn't have a specific need immediately...I would go in and bid low and keep increasing it...Then I found the magic number....They were charging 125 a head and I hit a winner at like 72 a head. Played there often the first 5 years it opened. Haven't been back in about 4 years. Time to make a return...As you are in Milford. How's the place doing under Sacred Heart?

Nothing like that in my area. Most of the courses near me are pretty cheap if you walk. I usually just wait for @Snickerdog @shanewu to text me with where we're playing that weekend, and if I don't have my kids or plans....that's where I play. :LOL:

I just play my home course, mainly....

Cart fees are included in our dues so, for a fairly low rate (by Connecticut rates) play all the golf you want. Rarely a wait, can always get a match... good people

Ottinger Golf Group Twilight Card - $595 = 10 rounds

Scotland Run Golf Club
Play before 8:30AM Monday through Thursday or play from 1:30PM any day of the week.

Atlantic City Country Club
Play from 2PM any day of the week excluding Fridays using two Twilight card rounds.

Ballamor Golf Club
Play from 1:30PM any day of the week.

All are great courses!

Town & Country Golf Links - discount cards

We get a card for 3 rounds valid anytime any day for $139. Best deal around, they have an awesome range that has Toptracer which makes things fun. and the course is always in great shape.

Group Golfer deals

www.groupgolfer.com

Some amazing deals if available in you area

Wow reading through this post golf is crazy cheap in some places. I belong to a 9 hole course 20 minutes from my house that has OK conditions and is $1575 per year walking and is by far the cheapest course to join...

Ottinger Golf Group Twilight Card - $595 = 10 rounds

Scotland Run Golf Club
Play before 8:30AM Monday through Thursday or play from 1:30PM any day of the week.

Atlantic City Country Club
Play from 2PM any day of the week excluding Fridays using two Twilight card rounds.

Ballamor Golf Club
Play from 1:30PM any day of the week.

All are great courses!

Town & Country Golf Links - discount cards

We get a card for 3 rounds valid anytime any day for $139. Best deal around, they have an awesome range that has Toptracer which makes things fun. and the course is always in great shape.

Group Golfer deals

www.groupgolfer.com

Some amazing deals if available in you area

Wow reading through this post golf is crazy cheap in some places. I belong to a 9 hole course 20 minutes from my house that has OK conditions and is $1575 per year walking and is by far the cheapest course to join...
Play ACCC and Ballamor every year, They are very nice. Scotland Run is a little out of way of our annual AC Trip but have played it a few times. My son is member at Little Mill and get there a few times a year.

Nothing like that in my area. Most of the courses near me are pretty cheap if you walk. I usually just wait for @Snickerdog @shanewu to text me with where we're playing that weekend, and if I don't have my kids or plans....that's where I play. :LOL:
We need to make that happen again soon! What's your temperature threshold?

I just play my home course, mainly....

Cart fees are included in our dues so, for a fairly low rate (by Connecticut rates) play all the golf you want. Rarely a wait, can always get a match... good people
Where in CT? I was member at Glastonbury Hills a long time.

And you can play 18 in 2.5 hours with a fast cart :ROFLMAO:!

And you can play 18 in 2.5 hours with a fast cart :ROFLMAO:!
The guys I usually golf with are all fast anyway, but during the summer there's definitely no dilly-dallying! If the course is wide open we can easily finish in under 3 hours as a foursome.

Go work part time at one of the better courses in your area. 1 or 2 days a week and you usually get free golf. Saves me a ton!

Ha, in MD, the only way you save money, is by playing weekdays, or twilight.

Some places have bulk round packages, but that just usually comes out to the weekday, or twilight rate.

On top of that, there are a bunch of mediocre courses, that are really proud of themselves, and charge far more than they're worth.

Ha, in MD, the only way you save money, is by playing weekdays, or twilight.

Some places have bulk round packages, but that just usually comes out to the weekday, or twilight rate.

On top of that, there are a bunch of mediocre courses, that are really proud of themselves, and charge far more than they're worth.

Plug in Ocean City and the deals are quite good. Or plug in nearer to where you are.

Oh, I'm well aware.

But with a 2 year old, and no time on weekdays for anything. My play happens on weekends. And, where I like to play, is usually at a minimum a 45min drive. Hot deals, usually don't fall in a time slot that's worth it for me.

Great River one of my faves....Way back when when they first opened....They would take EZLinks....And EZLinks had a way that you could offer deals to buy the 4some. They would reject low ball bids and freeze you out for a day or two....But as I didn't have a specific need immediately...I would go in and bid low and keep increasing it...Then I found the magic number....They were charging 125 a head and I hit a winner at like 72 a head. Played there often the first 5 years it opened. Haven't been back in about 4 years. Time to make a return...As you are in Milford. How's the place doing under Sacred Heart?
Anytime you wanna play, I’d be down for great river, just let me know! Such a beautiful track. SHU has done a fantastic job. In perfect shape all year. It ain’t cheap though, $150+ 😳

Back