Tell Us About Your Last Chip In

My last chip in came during my last round - this past Saturday. Second hole of the day for me (started on back nine). Hit a good drive, left me with a gap wedge to a middle/back pin. Pulled the approach shot into the left rough, up on a hill. Picked my landing spot and executed the chip perfectly, watched it roll straight into the cup. Bogied the first hole, so this put me back to even.

Rhodes Ranch No. 11_LI.jpg

More of a pitch shot. Hit a 30 yard flop shot over a bunker to a downhill green. Ball went almost as high as far and I jarred it on the fly for a birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last chip in was today. Short sided myself on my approach. Had about 3ft of fringe to deal with and about 10ft to the pin. Most people would putt it but I just hate putting through fringe. 60 degree PM grind in the back of my stance it took 3 skips and released right into the cup for a crowd pleasing par

Par five, 18th hole, playing with thommo and wadesworld in the B100 gathering. Was just off the green, chunked my fourth shot, then, girded my loins and chipped in. Was the best golf I’ve ever played, that nine.

I had one today on the 3rd hole. It was a tricky chip in that the ball was on the downhill side of a hill right of the green and the green slopes quite a bit back to front and there is a swell just past the hole. I used my highest lofted club, opened it up and chased the club down the hill popping the ball onto the collar where it rolled from there about 30 feet onto the green and in the hole.

Last edited:
Mine was a couple of months ago. I was in thick rough between a bunker and the green. I was probably five feet off the green and 15 from the hole. The bunker had me in a messed up stance, and the green slopes away from me. Amazingly the ball did exactly what I wanted it to...it landed just on the fringe and trickled down into the hole for par.

I managed to put my tee shot into the left side bunker on a par 3. I was in the middle of the bunker with a downhill to the hole with a lake on the back edge of the green. The ball came out super clean and just rolled right down and turned into the cup! Made my day

Yesterday I sliced my tee shot on number 11 at the UNC Finley course into the waste area. I tried to advance it too far and hit another tree leaving me 130 out. I got under that one and pulled it leaving 40-45 to a front pin. From there I hit a perfect 58* that two hopped and rolled right in for a par I didn’t deserve

Just checked and mine has been a couple of months. Granted that's only 3 or 4 rounds of golf though :(
Medium length par 4. Second shot went long and flew the green. Green slopes back to front with a bit of sideways roll in there as well. Played a 6-iron scrape down the hill about 20 metres (65 Feet) and smashed into the flag and dropped. I was VERY happy the flag was there or it was probably going off the front of the green.

Maybe 2 months ago...

14th hole, 190 yard par 3. Up until that point I was probably already into the mid 80’s and had not made a shot all day. Left my tee shot just short and to the left of the green... behind a bunker. Pulled out the trusty 58*, took a few practice swings and promptly deposited it into the hole on one bounce. All I could do was laugh. A nice birdie sandwiched in between a score card full of big numbers!

8th hole at the executive course by me. I was out just working on irons, so had a crazy long shot in to the green after hitting an iron off the tee. Left it about 5 paces off the front and chipped in. Caught the slope perfectly and it just trickled into the hole

Chip ins are rare for me. In the past two seasons I have three hole outs from 100+ and I can only recall 1 chip in. There probably are others but I only recall the one.

It wasn’t anything exciting, other than it was for eagle. I was 5 yards short on a par five in the fairway run up. Gap wedge to about halfway there, tracked like a putt and dropped.

I’d love to blame my lack of chip ins to much excellence in hitting greens but that’s not the case. Probably more due to missing in the wrong spot. I’m a sucker to shoot at every pin but I generally do.

A few weeks ago at Lido. 12th hole par 5, downwind. 3rd shot grabbed too much wind and with little spin it crawled over the back and down a little bank into the thick stuff. I was short sided with pin only 8 ft from back edge... at the midpoint of a fairly steep slope, but back into wind. No chance for a ‘chip’, this needed the full Phil treatment. Opened up the SW and played an explosion shot with a near full swing. Popped straight up with almost no spin(I was playing a leftover TruVis and could see it just kind of hanging there) to about 10-15’ high, landed just onto to surface and nearly stopped but had just enough forward momentum to start down the hill and fall in. Made up for the pulled drive and pushed second shot.

Now that I've got my chipping stroke back, I chip in fairly regularly. Chipped in twice on Thanksgiving - once for birdie and once for par. Both were about 8-10 yards and pretty straightforward.

Had a long chip 'n run that I played with an 8-iron. It rolled past the pin and just over the fringe on the other side of the green, about 12' away. I used the same 8-iron to hole the come-back chip for par. It was a 3w, 8i, 8i, 8i par 4... lol

It was about three years ago on the 13th Par 5 at Eagle Crest. I was above the flag, to the right, about 40 feet away. I hit a 58 degree wedge that landed gently and drifted slowly downhill into the hole for a birdie.

The one before that was the hole before that, a 298 yard Par 4. I was about 15 feet away, above the pin and to the right. It was less of a flop, sort of a mishit, actually, but the ball landed gently and rolled into the hole for par.

I can't remember my last chip-in before that.

The day before that round, I was listening to Michael Breed. A guy was complaining about his game around the greens, and Breed told him to be "more languid" with his swing. I've used that thought since, and while it has improved my short game, I've never had that kind of success again - yet.

Yesterday I chipped in from about 15 yards off the green.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t know. :(

Last time out I dropped one in the hole off a single bounce out of a bunker way below the green height. Could barely see the top of the pin before I swung.

About 15-20 yard shot, big swing, nothing but net hahaha! The boys had a laugh, wish I could have seen it go in. All I heard was the pin.

Playing at my home course, a few weeks ago with @mpeterson and @Jaymo37

Hole 17 - almost pin high, 20 yards nice low chip shot with mud still on the ball, dunked it for 3.

Last week, 8th hole at Bayonet. I was making a pigs ear of the hole, my buddy looked odds on to take it, until I chipped in from about 30 yards to win the hole with a par.

My one and only chip in was from about 10 yards out. Was in a bit of rough green side after almost going into bunker. Chipped onto green and ball perfectly followed the slight slope and fed right into the hole. Saved my par on that hole :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Playing at my home course, a few weeks ago with @mpeterson and @Jaymo37

Hole 17 - almost pin high, 20 yards nice low chip shot with mud still on the ball, dunked it for 3.

Lot of chipping in that round. I rolled a partial SW back off the false front on 14, dunked it for 3 there too.

Last Sunday, playing with @JohnSinVA .... it was a par 3 with a rock hard green since the frost hadn't quite dissipated, and the flag was in the only part not in the sun. My first chip went flying past the hole to the other side of the green to the fringe. Chipping or putting on greens with frost is like putting on a sheet of ice .... no way in hell you're stopping it. So instead of putting, I went with sand wedge back in my stance, two bounces & right into the center of the flag for a routine Par. :rolleyes: Good thing it went in cause it would have gone off the other side again. :eek:

Does TopGolf count? Hahaha winter needs to end! #neohioprobs

Back