Tell us which course is your Home course

If you want a course that's pretty tough, try Sunflower Hills in Bonner Springs (tell them it's right next to the Amphitheater); regular men's tees are 6,600 yards with a 130 slope (tips are over 7,000 and men's senior tees are still about 6,050 with 123 slope). Of course, from above, Tomahawk is a decent track that's more my length and difficulty level (it's right next to Shawnee Mission Park). St. Andrews and Overland Park are a little farther south but good courses as well. There's some supposedly really nice (pricey)courses (Deer Creek, Falcon Ridge and a few others that I can't think of their names right now!) that I have never played in that area too.

Yup, but you do have to pay the cart fee still which is $16-$21 depending on season. No walking allowed except after 5pm.

ouch, yeah... they will get you there! That's a considerable increase there in the long run

But it is still cheaper than paying $50-$75 a round like many are down here. And if you play once a week, it pays for itself. They also have the GPS on the carts.

I am so jealous... 135 / month for unlimited golf! I drop that in two rounds alone here

Same here, even with cart fees thats a great deal. The cheapest ive found around me is twice that price a month. I guess with 15 other courses around the ones by JB need to stay competitive.

Yup, but you do have to pay the cart fee still which is $16-$21 depending on season. No walking allowed except after 5pm.

Why no walking before 5:00? Too many slow retirees?

Our club is caddies only before 3:00 (unless you're handicapped). After that, you can ride or carry as well.

Our club is caddies only before 3:00 (unless you're handicapped). After that, you can ride or carry as well.

caddies only... jesus, that must be something. I'd carry my bag either way, I feel guilty making someone carry my bag

No real home course. But being a caddie at East Lake kinda makes that my home course, I play there more than anywhere.

Caddie tourny on Monday.

Strictly based on pace of play. Plus they have the GPS in carts. Down here very few people want to walk. Not really retirees in my neck of the woods that play this course, but way too many slow players.

I love caddie mondays! I played every Monday and Thursdays (primrose course only) when I was working at The Country Club

the 17th, where Leonard dropped that putt is amazing hole. The green looks small on TV but that putt was massive considering the length and slope inbetween tiers

caddies only... jesus, that must be something. I'd carry my bag either way, I feel guilty making someone carry my bag

I just hate paying fee + tip, when I'm happy to carry my own bag. But a good caddy, who really knows the course, is worth it. Plus, as I've said before, there's nothing quite like watching a big burly caddy hoist my bright pink bag.

yeah, I totally just snipped advice of the caddie my playing partners ordered at Ballybunion. It was like 90 euro's..... what!

Ha, I had a bright Pink one and a Teal bag on Tuesday. It made a nice sight walking down number 1.

about once a week I caddied for a CART! It was unreal, I would just sit on the back of the cart, hand clubs, clean them, and forecaddy when needed.

If we have somebody in a cart, we walk and carry their bags, they ride in an empty cart.
It sucks

what!!!!!!!!!! that is terrible Toby

I was 160 dollars for a round without carrying a single bag... pretty nice deal I had going

Covington Country Club...a local 18 hole. OK tract, but not really maintenanced well.

THIS is my home course. County Armagh Golf Club. I've been a member there for a little under a year (membership is due renewal shortly :beat-up:). I think its a lovely little course, it isn't overly long(only 6200 at the tips, but a par 70). I think it makes up for the lack of being short with the tricky-ness of certain holes. #16 in particular I find very difficult, difficult landing area and a long carry over water (though there is some ground between the water and the green, 10-15 yards or so).
Favourite hole would have to be #8, a par 5, I can't quite figure out why, it just seems to suit my eye (plus, I can get within 50 yards of the green in 2 :act-up:)

Wolf Creek Golf Course in Olathe, Kansas.

The 18-hole "Wolf Creek" course at the Wolf Creek Golf Links Inc. facility in Olathe, Kansas features 7,010 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 74.2 and it has a slope rating of 147 on � grass. Designed by Dr. Marvin H. Ferguson, ASGCA(R)CE Golf Design, the Wolf Creek golf course opened in 2007. John Lienemann manages the course as the General Manager.

My home course is Shiloh Springs in Platte City. Not a bad course. It was really falling apart until the county bought it and started putting some money into it.

5 minutes form the house and they have a nice practice set up.

Shiloh springs golf course

I have played in leagues at Falcon Ridge and Sunflower Hills over the last few years also.

Back