Tell us which course is your Home course

provisional

Could Care Less
Reaction score
Handicap
10+/-
I play most of my rounds at Desert Rose GC, but I am a shame to admit it.
http://desertrose.americangolf.com/ The greens keeper, and/or the course superentendent, have not done a good job the past few months. The front desk claims it is because of the cold weather, but this has been one of the mildest winters we have had in the Las Vegas area in quite a few years. Hopefully in the near future they will replace an employee or two, and the new folks will bring it back up to par. Their advertisment about this course being a "jewel in the desert" is pretty far from the truth right now. The only positive things they have going for them right is they tend to keep their green fees down, and they offer a practice facility that let's you practice off real grass. I would not recommend practicing on their putting greens, since would need a ball with 4 wheel drive, but you can chip, pitch, and practice sand shots all day long if you wish. :comp:

birdsboro

something witty
Reaction score
Handicap
10-15?
reading country club, used to be private, is now a muni... but whatta ya gonna do, its like 3 mins from home and even tho its a muni... there is still no one there........

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
reading country club for me too...but soon to be arrowhead

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Cool--you going to be helping out at Sybase?

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
Welcome to the forum...... Olde Corkscrew is an incredible course, absolutely beautiful

dssxxxx

Reaction score
Handicap
7.5 Index
Cool--you going to be helping out at Sybase?
I worked the Chrysler/Plymouth Classic (women's), the Coca Cola Classic (women's) and was Chairman of Carts/Caddies for the 10 years we hosted the Senior Cadillac/NFL Classic. I have passed on working the Sybase.

10 years of Monday - Sunday, 5:30 AM to 8:30 PM finally took it's toll...:at-wits-end:

In fact, I do not even go over to the club to watch the tournament and have voted against it. Tired of loosing our club for the full 10 days (set up, tournament, take down) and then the 4-6 week period of conditioning/sodding the East Course from being used for parking and using 1 & 9 for practice ranges. OK.....rant over.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Ouch! Sorry. When I went to the web site, I was surprised the club only has 27 holes--I'd been under the impression it was 36.

You must get privileges someplace else for the duration?

I couldn't tell from the course tour--I think the scariest hole is a par four, dogleg left, with a creek in front of and wrapping around the undulating green. They always put the pin in the far back right corner, and it unnerves me just to look at it.

I walked with Yani Tseng the first round last year, and her tee shot stopped just in front of the creek. It was amazing.

dssxxxx

Reaction score
Handicap
7.5 Index
We basically have reciprocals with all the clubs in the metro area....all the time, so it's not a problem getting a course to play as the inconvenience of travelling to the other club.

My group usually plays Ridgewood & Hackensack. Couple times we went to Baltusrol, must their noses were held a little too high for my preference.... :)

You're talking about 3 South or the 12th hole. That's our signature hole. Great layout.

TCCcaddie

Stackin and Tiltin
Reaction score
Handicap
Kelley Greens in Nahant Ma...nothing special a Par 30 but its open in the winter and is a good practice course 2 mins from my house. Lotta action there too. Last year's calcutta was approaching 75K.

Eck979

Reaction score
Handicap
My homecourse is Deer Valley GC in Hershey, PA.

HardcoreLooper

Amateur cropduster
Reaction score
Handicap
I keep my handicap at Providence Golf Course in suburban Richmond, VA. But now that Henrico County has started taking better care of Belmont Golf Course, I play there quite a bit, especially after work (it's five minutes from my office).

When I'm feeling flush, I play at Independence Golf Club. Wonderful golf course.

LefTe

Living Strong!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Not my home course per say but this is where I play the vast majority of my golf. Nonethelss great track, great treatment and very challenging.

www.captainsclubatwoodfield.com

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
That is awesome rsd. Great feeling when you sign up for the first time isnt it?

rsd1244

Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks, my wife and I made it down there this morning. It's great! Got to try out my new Clickgear 2.0 today too. I must say that is one awesome cart. I am really enjoying the site as well, thanks for having me.

Spinscan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hawk's Creek in Fort Worth would be my home course. We play there probably 95% of the time. The course is beautiful, very challenging and the staff is top notch.

If any of you are ever in the Fort Worth area you should check it out. You will not find a better public golf course in the DFW area for the price imo.

http://www.hawkscreek.com/golf/proto/hawkscreek/course/course.htm

drivingrangejunkie

Call me DR.J
Reaction score
Handicap
Well my home course would most likely be Flamingo Lakes. They don't have a website. Its a pretty short course, even from the tips, but its a tough one too. The greens are small and pretty slow, and there are some tough putts on them sometimes too. Personally I don't think its possible to shoot below par there.

ShortButCrooked

Reaction score
Handicap
Poppy Ridge Golf Course is my 'home' course. It's 45 minutes away, but the closer courses are either dogtracks or cost $100+. Poppy Ridge is home to the NCGA (Northern California Golf Association) and is always in great shape. Pretty challenging as well especially in the summer when the winds pick up.

http://www.poppyridgegolf.com/

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
I don't really have a home course as of yet.Haven't played much since my move here and battling some serious injuries,but the closet nice course is 18 mins from my house and I may buy into there golf package

dellago golf course

You will probably have to sign up before you can view?

flyover

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Still looking for a home course, right now I am a gypsy & just playing every course in the area. There is a nice private course not far from work that's currently waiving the $3000 initiation fee. Not sure though what the monthly fee is though.

WWPSD

Reaction score
Northstone Country Club in Huntersville, NC...about 15 minutes north of Charlotte.

www.northstoneclub.com

PB Dye Design with zoysia grass fairways and rough, I have loved it there.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in