Tempo Studio Smart Gym

It is pouring rain here today and would be a perfect day for an in home workout. Too easy to skip the gym on a day like today.

Haha, I stopped even looking at the leaderboard. I just challenge myself to do better than the last time.

They now offer benches so I bet the camera will soon be able to read reps from a bench and not just the floor.

I’m glad you overall like it though. I am still in love with mine.

Are you doing a program or just picking classes?
Picking classes right now to get used to it. I do have a bench so I will try that out next week and see if it works. I will probably start a program soon as I am getting back into working out. I also have a set of dumbbells that I am using and haven't used the weights that came with it yet. That just means it is time for a barbell class.

It is pouring rain here today and would be a perfect day for an in home workout. Too easy to skip the gym on a day like today.
It poured rain here in AZ about 6 months ago. :ROFLMAO:

This is so true. It was pouring here this morning and it was so nice to go into the gym in my home and get in my workout.
Also, I think I would probably enjoy doing group workouts on there more than doing them in person. I never seem to sign up for the ones at my gym and just do the same routines over and over. Hmmm.

Picking classes right now to get used to it. I do have a bench so I will try that out next week and see if it works. I will probably start a program soon as I am getting back into working out. I also have a set of dumbbells that I am using and haven't used the weights that came with it yet. That just means it is time for a barbell class.

I don’t think it will read your reps yet, but I bet it’s coming very soon now that they sell a bench.

I started with a beginners program to get back into the swing of things. I’ve done a few others since then and now I’m doing CSquared.

Also, I think I would probably enjoy doing group workouts on there more than doing them in person. I never seem to sign up for the ones at my gym and just do the same routines over and over. Hmmm.

I have always love group classes because it’s like having a personal trainer, so transitioning to the Tempo a dream for me. I love their set programs because there is no thinking I just turn on the machine and it tells me what my workout is that day.

I have added extra classes quite a bit though, especially the boxing classes, I love those. I love that I can do their 35 minute set class and then add on something as short as 10 minutes or as long as an hour. Whatever I feel up to doing.

Tomorrow I should hit my 100th class. I got a slow start on using this machine, and now I’m kind of obsessed with it.

Tomorrow I should hit my 100th class. I got a slow start on using this machine, and now I’m kind of obsessed with it.
I am officially starting a program today once I am able to get off the phone from work. Dropping 35 lbs from diet in 40 days has made me soft so need to get back to some resistance training should help with that. I am hoping to drop another 10-20 lbs with diet and exercise by the Morgan Cup so really need to get on this machine. Good thing they gave me 3 months free since I had to wait for the machine so I don't feel so bad not using it when I was on 800 calories a day.

I am officially starting a program today once I am able to get off the phone from work. Dropping 35 lbs from diet in 40 days has made me soft so need to get back to some resistance training should help with that. I am hoping to drop another 10-20 lbs with diet and exercise by the Morgan Cup so really need to get on this machine. Good thing they gave me 3 months free since I had to wait for the machine so I don't feel so bad not using it when I was on 800 calories a day.

I have done quite a few programs already and loved them. I recently finished C squared and am now doing sculpt and shred.

Good luck, I hope you love it as much as I do.

Was that doctor mandated? 800 calories is so crazy low

Was that doctor mandated? 800 calories is so crazy low
It was a weight loss clinic. 800 was actually not bad after a couple of days. I walked 3 miles a day most days and played golf a few times with that intake. Intermittent fasting, lots of veggies, specific proteins, no added fats and 2 servings of fruit a day. I took some mineral supplements as well to get the body functioning correctly. I have been back up to about 2400 calories for about 2 weeks and have stayed within 2lbs of my weight "set point." During the 2400 calorie time I still can't have bread, starchy veggies, beans, beer, etc. It is hard to get that many calories without cookies and french fries. :ROFLMAO:

It was a weight loss clinic. 800 was actually not bad after a couple of days. I walked 3 miles a day most days and played golf a few times with that intake. Intermittent fasting, lots of veggies, specific proteins, no added fats and 2 servings of fruit a day. I took some mineral supplements as well to get the body functioning correctly. I have been back up to about 2400 calories for about 2 weeks and have stayed within 2lbs of my weight "set point." During the 2400 calorie time I still can't have bread, starchy veggies, beans, beer, etc. It is hard to get that many calories without cookies and french fries. :ROFLMAO:
Okay good to know.
I hover around that when I’m at a home and my diet sounded like it consisted a lot of this same foods. Since switching to protein shakes for dessert and protein bars and protein chips for snacks, I’m on cruise control kind of.

kudos to your loss.

talked to the wife about getting something to help me with a routine. tonal came up, but this is interesting too.

I was going to ask the same thing?
@GolferGal are you still using this?
I like the idea of it being interactive and counting reps.

Has anyone tried it? Does it work well?

I was going to ask the same thing?
@GolferGal are you still using this?
I like the idea of it being interactive and counting reps.

I am obsessed with it, I absolutely love it! Tomorrow will actually be my 250th class. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have. They even have a section for golf specific workouts.

Moved the Tempo to my office in hopes of using it more often. Got my first workout in with it in a few months so just gotta stay motivated. If I look over and see it when I am goofing off at work it should help.

16460889389836382407472861829932.jpg

Reactions: JB
@GolferGal I finally bit the bullet and ordered the kettle bell. I like it so far and will see what these classes can bring out of me

16872992483851829344832215242929.jpg

16872992707938009851067386192136.jpg

Wonder if they make a product for those of us allergic to exercise/workouts... :unsure:

Haha, that is all about finding something you like. Maybe it's boxing, or pickle ball, playing a sport, swimming walking, you just need to find something you enjoy. For me, it's listing weights. I love the feeling of being strong. Not about bulking up, I prefer to look feminine, but about being strong. I enjoy that feeling of confidence when I know I can help lift a heavy object. Plus I hate cardio, it's the devil.

Haha, that is all about finding something you like. Maybe it's boxing, or pickle ball, playing a sport, swimming walking, you just need to find something you enjoy. For me, it's listing weights. I love the feeling of being strong. Not about bulking up, I prefer to look feminine, but about being strong. I enjoy that feeling of confidence when I know I can help lift a heavy object. Plus I hate cardio, it's the devil.
😊 It was more a commentary on my increasingly couch potato-like habits lately, than anything else… and I gotta break that habit!

I gotta agree agree with your “cardio is the devil” sentiment, specially as it pertains to running. Im thinking maybe rowing could be what saves me!

Back