Tempo Studio Smart Gym

What addition "Gym" equipment items did you add to do the program - Benches, floor mats, exercise balls.....
I guess the questions is, Can you obtain the unit with no other additional cost besides the unit and monthly fee...

Oh without a doubt. It comes with the weights, a mat and bars. We happen to have a bench already as well as a rower. We added a bike as well. None of those are needed for the Tempo though. Then we put the large TV on the wall, a mini fridge in there and the table to hold things such as towels, etc.

As JB said, you don't need to add anything else, it comes with everything, we just happened to have stuff already, and added the bike for some additional cardio.

The machine has all the exercise classes built in, it has a barbell, 2 dumbbells, full set of weights and clamps to put the weights on the barbell and dumbbells, a yoga mat, a heart rate monitor, and a foam roller. It has covered.

I completed another workout today, actually 2 if you count the 15 minute stretch class after. This one was an all bodyweight exercise, which I really enjoyed, and honestly had me sweating a good bit. I know it's all shiny and new, but right now, I honestly look forward to my workout each day. I get excited to see what the class is going to be like that day, and it's helping me finally feel like me again.

I completed another workout today, actually 2 if you count the 15 minute stretch class after. This one was an all bodyweight exercise, which I really enjoyed, and honestly had me sweating a good bit. I know it's all shiny and new, but right now, I honestly look forward to my workout each day. I get excited to see what the class is going to be like that day, and it's helping me finally feel like me again.

Nice!!! I know how much fitness used to be a part of your routine, glad to see you back at it.

Does all the included gear fit in the tempo or do you need to store it externally?

Nice!!! I know how much fitness used to be a part of your routine, glad to see you back at it.

Does all the included gear fit in the tempo or do you need to store it externally?

Thanks! It feels soooooo good to get back into a routine, I just needed a kick in the ass to get there.

The dumbbells, barbell, weights and clips all fit in the machine. The only things you need to store separately are the mat, foam roller and heart rate monitor.

Very cool. I love that these options are working for people.

Thanks! It feels soooooo good to get back into a routine, I just needed a kick in the ass to get there.

The dumbbells, barbell, weights and clips all fit in the machine. The only things you need to store separately are the mat, foam roller and heart rate monitor.

Thanks, I think this would be great for Delaney, she misses the group fitness classes

Thanks, I think this would be great for Delaney, she misses the group fitness classes

I am really loving it so far. You can do live classes too, but I like being able to set my own schedule. I like that I can pause it and start right back up. Like today, I was working out and JB had a question for me so I paused, answered him, and then went right back to my workout.

I have also hit pause when the recommended weights were a little too heavy for me. I hit pause, adjusted my weights, and then adjusted the number on the screen so it knew I needed lighter weights too, and then hit the screen to unpause and was back to working out.

I am really loving it so far. You can do live classes too, but I like being able to set my own schedule. I like that I can pause it and start right back up. Like today, I was working out and JB had a question for me so I paused, answered him, and then went right back to my workout.

I have also hit pause when the recommended weights were a little too heavy for me. I hit pause, adjusted my weights, and then adjusted the number on the screen so it knew I needed lighter weights too, and then hit the screen to unpause and was back to working out.

That is an awesome feature

So something funny happened today during my workout. I was doing pushups and Arrow kept getting under me so I moved back just a little and all of a sudden the screen stopped counting my reps. I was getting so pissed, I thought it was malfunctioning. Then I realized Arrow was between me and the sensor so it was registering him not me, and he was just laying there not doing any reps hahahaha.

@GolferGal guys still liking the tempo. There are so many different types out now. NordicTrack is coming out with something similar to the mirror but with all the free weights and kettle bells that looks interesting. We are still debating peloton as well. Need to stop getting fat.

@GolferGal guys still liking the tempo. There are so many different types out now. NordicTrack is coming out with something similar to the mirror but with all the free weights and kettle bells that looks interesting. We are still debating peloton as well. Need to stop getting fat.

I absolutely love it still. I’ll admit the last couple of weeks I’ve had a lot going on so I haven’t been using it much due to scheduling, but I do love it. They have new classes everyday so it never gets old. It’s like going to a fitness class without leaving your house.

Glad this popped back up, as I need to get back into a workout routine. I am going to talk to the wife and make a final decision between this and the tonal. Thanks for being the voice of reason @GolferGal. There is another forum member named @JB who keeps being a bad influence and trying to get me to buy food things which keep adding to my waistline. I think I am going to report him.

Just wanted to post in here to say that I still absolutely love this machine! They have added more programs too which I really like. They range from 2 weeks to 4 weeks, and it makes working out even easier because there is literally no thinking, you just do the class that is set for that day in the program.

This class today was no joke!

2A1DAC7B-0FEA-4ED3-BACC-45BC82F1BC74.jpeg

First I want to note I am not a sponsor for Tempo, I paid for this myself, I have never received anything from them or even had them reach out to me in any capacity beyond a paying client.

With that said, I wanted to bump this thread for anyone on the fence about this, or a machine like it because it's amazing! They just added boxing classes which I am so exited about. I got a survey today asking about future things they can do, and some of the stuff mentioned in the survey would be amazing, and so far they have delivered on every promise they have made.

I have already started to figure out which coaches have super hard classes, and which ones I can go to when I am looking for something a little easier that day.

Overall, I am really enjoying this, and I just wanted to put it out there in case someone was thinking about it. I would buy this again tomorrow.

I am waiting for mine that I ordered at the end on January. Thinking mid to late April. Got 3 months free for waiting. Looking forward to using it to prep for Morgan Cup

I am waiting for mine that I ordered at the end on January. Thinking mid to late April. Got 3 months free for waiting. Looking forward to using it to prep for Morgan Cup

The wait sucks for sure. I think we waited about 8 weeks for ours, but totally worth it.

The wait sucks for sure. I think we waited about 8 weeks for ours, but totally worth it.
So far all reviews I have read have been positive so anxiously waiting.

Welp the delivery is set up for this afternoon. Just under 9 weeks (8 weeks 6 days). Will see how this all works out (pun intended).

How are you liking the Tempo so far?
So far I like it a lot. It took some getting used to. Doing chest press flat on my back was an adjustment. The exercises you have to turn to the side and kinda look at the screen are a little odd as well. For the most part nothing too crazy. The thing that gets me is having to be in the top 10 of the class. You want 8 reps huh, but I have to do 30 to keep up with the leaderboard. :ROFLMAO:

So far I like it a lot. It took some getting used to. Doing chest press flat on my back was an adjustment. The exercises you have to turn to the side and kinda look at the screen are a little odd as well. For the most part nothing too crazy. The thing that gets me is having to be in the top 10 of the class. You want 8 reps huh, but I have to do 30 to keep up with the leaderboard. :ROFLMAO:

Haha, I stopped even looking at the leaderboard. I just challenge myself to do better than the last time.

They now offer benches so I bet the camera will soon be able to read reps from a bench and not just the floor.

I’m glad you overall like it though. I am still in love with mine.

Are you doing a program or just picking classes?

Back