Tendonitis & Arthritis in the Elbow - What helps you?

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So I've been enduring a lot of pain in the left elbow as of late that has really put a damper on the amount of golf I've been able to play. I've tried ice, heat, anti-inflammatories, etc. but have yet to find really anything that works well. Obviously, I can't "not" use it. Luckily it's in my left arm, so I try not to lift anything with it, but that's next to impossible. Of course, being a right handed golfer, the left arm is a big part of the golf swing. All playing does is aggravate it. Luckily it hasn't affected my fishing ability. :D🐟🎣

So THP ... what do you do to get rid of Tendonitis in the elbow. Any Doc's out there with expertise in this type of thing?

Graphite shafts and Theragun mini.
Both basically rid my life of tennis elbow.

Playing graphite shafts has helped me in the past. Also doing chin ups. Lots and lots of them. To the point where the pain in the elbow in unbearable. And then do that again 2 days later, repeat, and in a few weeks, it will feel tons better.

Graphite shafts and Theragun mini.
Both basically rid my life of tennis elbow.
Well I have both of those. Recoils & the original Theragun. I've tried the gun, but that just seems to aggravate it as well. Maybe just need to do it more often :unsure:

Playing graphite shafts has helped me in the past. Also doing chin ups. Lots and lots of them. To the point where the pain in the elbow in unbearable. And then do that again 2 days later, repeat, and in a few weeks, it will feel tons better.
Yeah I'm trying curling exercises right now. (y)

Alternating ice and heat and a HyperIce HyperSphere.

Anti Inflammatory Supplements and Stretching for me.

TheraBand flex bar was huge for me. I would also ice, and play with a compression sleeve on. Graphite shafts help as well, although when mine was flaring up really bad, it didn't seem to matter as much. But the other parts of the post definitely did. It took me a long time to get that inflammation out

TheraBand flex bar was huge for me. I would also ice, and play with a compression sleeve on. Graphite shafts help as well, although when mine was flaring up really bad, it didn't seem to matter as much. But the other parts of the post definitely did. It took me a long time to get that inflammation out
You review a Tennes (sp) type of device if remember correctly.
Any re-suse of that?

Yep. Left elbow tendonitis. It really flared when I took up golf again after a long lay-off. I use a compression sleeve, and take some "pre-emptive" advil before play, followed up with another dose after the round. After several months, it's not bothering me nearly as much. I think the compression sleeve was the game changer. It took a few different ones to find the best one for my particular problem

You review a Tennes (sp) type of device if remember correctly.
Any re-suse of that?

quite frequently, but I use it more for my back, neck, shoulder areas. I did use it on my forearm/elbow throughout my battles with inflammation, but really saw my body turn the corner when I worked that Flexbar in to the routine.

For me to keep at bay is graphite in all my clubs and Theragun Mini (when required). The most successful treatment for me from a PT perspective has been the Shockwave treatment, only takes about 5 minutes and works great. Also good on shoulder tears and bursitis when cortisone not effective.

*NOT* using the hurting elbow is not the best plan. Use the hell out of it. Make it hurt. It's going to hurt you a lot more than you can hurt it. Make it get better by getting rid of the thing that pissed it off in the first place and then continue to use the joint.

NSAIDs are your friend. It may not get better immediately. Might take days or weeks to get better, but one day it will be gone.

Only thing that helped mine was rest

When I switched to Recoil shafts mine went away for the most part. I agree with JB on the Thergun Mini as well. Even some CBD cream - I use Level Select 3 and it works wonders.

Sometimes though - never better than just resting for a week. Sucks when you love golf, but it helps.

Theragun mini, ice, CBD cream or oil, some stretching exercises, graphite shaft and more cushy midsize grips, some sort of sports sleeve from the wrist up past the elbow for support. Since your a right handed golfer with left arm pain try a glove like a bionic for arthritis.

i tried theragun mini courtesy of thp. i got some temporary relief. graphite shafts may be in my future, but i’m gonna suffer through as long as i can. my pain is in my left forearm.

RICE.
Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate.

Back