Tennis Elbow Anyone?

Glad you're excited. I would guess the shoulder issue is more limiting than the elbow. Before I fixed the elbow problem, it would at least feel a little better once I was good and warm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad you're excited. I would guess the shoulder issue is more limiting than the elbow. Before I fixed the elbow problem, it would at least feel a little better once I was good and warm.
Thanks. Shoulder much worse than the elbow.

I dunno if you can do chin ups with your shoulder, but if you can you'd be amazed at that pin firing deal. Blew my mind on how quickly I was pain free.

Yup, when it gets better switch to graphite shafts (if you have steel shafts now) and it will be much better. I never have that problem anymore and I used to wear that brace every golf season.

I completely eliminated my tennis elbow by using the Tyler twist, and I still do a couple reps a day to keep it away. I have never had golfer's elbow, but do a couple reps of the reverse Tyler twist three days a week or so as a preventative. Here is an article about the former. If you search on-line, you'll find many articles and how-to videos for these exercises, which can most easily be done with Therabars. A Therabar can be purchased at a sporting goods store like Dicks, or on-line. Of course your mileage may vary, but I think the theory behind it, how it puts tension on the tendon as you release instead of the other way around, makes sense, and there is some study data that suggests it is effective.

Tyler Twist

Never worn the brace, although my dad has had success with it. Ibuprofen works wonders for me as needed. Gets the inflammation down and takes the pain away instantly.

Graphite ... switch to them.

You don't want shoulder surgery later.

I went graphite in everything except putter and 54-60 lofts.

yes is the simple answer

my shoulder issues are most present when I sleep. Tennis elbow when I play. It first started about 5 years ago. lIkely brought on by a long fishing trip followed by spring thaw in KY where I hit lots of balls. When left arm cleared up my right arm started. still working against it. PM me and I would be happy to talk to you about it. I believe it is a repetitive issue and drugs not the fix. Not a strenght issue in a traditional sense. When I go my first issues I could not lift a cup of coffee without pain yet I could still bench press 225 for reps

I wear one for golfers elbow, it definitely helps but if your case is sever like mine it won't be enough for it to go away. I tried a combination of braces, sleeves, graphite shafts, theragun, flexbar, and constant icing and nothing could quite get it better. I just started a 4-6 week break from golf and the gym to just let it heal.

Years ago I used a Bandit Band on my arm. Took a bit to find the right place to put it but it worked for me for tennis elbow. I found out about it when a friend who is a doctor was using it golfing with me.

Shoulder and tennis elbow for me. Just got cortisone shot in shoulder, doing stretching exercises for rehab. Tennis elbow seemed to correlate to hitting a lot of balls off a crappy mat at local range. my instructor suggested hitting off a low tee, go to a grass range, or cutting hitting large buckets. After 6 weeks, the golf elbow disappeared.

I completely eliminated my tennis elbow by using the Tyler twist, and I still do a couple reps a day to keep it away. I have never had golfer's elbow, but do a couple reps of the reverse Tyler twist three days a week or so as a preventative. Here is an article about the former. If you search on-line, you'll find many articles and how-to videos for these exercises, which can most easily be done with Therabars. A Therabar can be purchased at a sporting goods store like Dicks, or on-line. Of course your mileage may vary, but I think the theory behind it, how it puts tension on the tendon as you release instead of the other way around, makes sense, and there is some study data that suggests it is effective.

Tyler Twist

I could not remember the name of the bar when I originally posted but Therabar it is. Never did I know it was called the Tyler Twist. As said in my prior post, I do have tennis elbow and I believe once you really have it as an older person you are suseptable for life. The Therabar is not a cure all but it is the best I've found in my 5 year journey. Tennis elbow straps or compression sleeves are a must every time I play golf or fish.

On the Therabar, if you can't lift a cup of coffee without pain you need to start with a less strong bar and work up.

Man, been there and it's bad news. You want a nice case of tennis elbow? Just start doing serious work off a mat. After trying just about every possible treatment the various doctors could think of, I've pretty much decided the only thing that truly works is time. Or as I told my buddy when he got it - throttle back on the golf, and stand on one foot humming your favorite Beatles song for 2 minutes every day. Do that and I guarantee your tennis elbow will be miraculously cured within 4-6 weeks.

Big fan of that Therabar. I still try and use it everyday. My tennis elbow is in remission, switched to graphite, now I'm back to steel but with the TT Elevate shafts with the inside dampening.

Man, been there and it's bad news. You want a nice case of tennis elbow? Just start doing serious work off a mat. After trying just about every possible treatment the various doctors could think of, I've pretty much decided the only thing that truly works is time. Or as I told my buddy when he got it - throttle back on the golf, and stand on one foot humming your favorite Beatles song for 2 minutes every day. Do that and I guarantee your tennis elbow will be miraculously cured within 4-6 weeks.
How old are you? Can you do a chinup or a bicep curl? If so you should try the pin firing method. Much more effective than standing on one foot and humming. But near as much fun though!

one big thing that could help is dealing with the shoulder. Our body is a chain of parts. You have issues in one and that can stress the rest. If you're dealing with tightness/inflammation and lack of ROM in the shoulder, that can certainly stress the elbow and wrist due to compensation. even in opposite extremities before someone points that out to me haha. Doing the PT for the shoulder and elbow should help. Also the other recommendations of shaft changes/there gun/injections can be a huge help

I think I have what is starting out to be tennis elbow from the gym. I am not sure how it started, but it just sort of happened. I really felt it yesterday doing a HIIT workout, but today it isn't that bad. Any advice as to stop it from getting bad?

If it is chronic check out a procedure called Tenex Health.

I recently went to a doctor who gave me some stretching exercises to do. That and ice has helped.

I am supposed to be getting my golf sim in the next couple of weeks, and this will suck royally if I can't use it.

My PT prescribed wrist flexion, wrist extension, and wrist rotation exercises with super light weight at first, followed by some deeeeeeep massaging and ice. then she suggested i start doing some chin ups and dumbbell curls once it started to feel better. FINALLY - after 8 months - i've been pain free for the past three weeks.

Back