Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest, 2021/22

I’m ready to get a 50% reduction this year (hey, a guy can dream right?). As of today, I’m a 6.1 so I’m aiming for a 3.0 by this time next year.
You can do it, Gary. I was at 5.6 a year ago in October and am going to finish at 2.6. If I can do it at my age, you certainly can as well. It will be fun to watch your progress.

You can do it, Gary. I was at 5.6 a year ago in October and am going to finish at 2.6. If I can do it at my age, you certainly can as well. It will be fun to watch your progress.
Plenty of work to do to get there but I want to go lowwwww. I want to break par once in my life so I love these little reasons to push myself to get better and better.

I’m in again. 6 would be my target and I’d be pretty happy with that. Got a lot of work to do to improve now. 16DDF531-A5DE-4D2B-8445-D202614AE543.jpeg

I honestly didn’t know they televised fishing!
You obviously have not spent much time in the South or the West. 😂 There are many channels and shows dedicated to hunting and fishing.

Are you aware you are watching fishing? I honestly didn’t know they televised fishing!
Yep. It’s actually on the net. That a screen shot in my phone. I’ve got friends that make their living on that circuit.

Yep. It’s actually on the net. That a screen shot in my phone. I’ve got friends that make their living on that circuit.
That’s awesome! I had a friend who did that for a short while but I had no idea it was on TV. Man, that kind of career would be killer. Ok - sorry for the detour.

I am in again...great motivation....

Attachments

• EDAB4E07-38FA-421D-AE12-563A979F9A1B.jpeg
    EDAB4E07-38FA-421D-AE12-563A979F9A1B.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10
Held steady at 13.2 after Sunday’s round. May sneak in one more round before the season closes this Saturday. But don’t get too comfortable, that 85 on Sunday would have been an 83 if I didn’t blade a PW 170 yards OB and over the road behind the green! 😆
92C17C81-7B40-46A9-AD06-D64CD0C51883.jpeg

Held steady at 13.2 after Sunday’s round. May sneak in one more round before the season closes this Saturday. But don’t get too comfortable, that 85 on Sunday would have been an 83 if I didn’t blade a PW 170 yards OB and over the road behind the green! 😆
View attachment 8973782
There is only one reasonable solution. Time for a new pw.😂

I’m in again!! I didn’t see this earlier, almost missed it. I had a big drop and it was awesome this year. I’m going back to tele-work next week, which means frequent breaks for golf drills!! I’d love to get below a 5 this year. I think then I’d finally feel like a real golfer! 😂

Attachments

• B62B7233-E370-40AD-A53B-42443DA9B490.jpeg
    B62B7233-E370-40AD-A53B-42443DA9B490.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
I would love to get in on this but I currently do not have an established index. Haven’t had an established handicap since 2008. Was going to establish one this year but I ended up not needing to do so.

I’m in. Got down to 20.1 from a 24 this year playing less than 20 rounds. I’m hoping I’ll get to play more now that I’ve switched careers.

34746045-D42D-46EB-9366-CB2F7B81E28D.jpeg

This was fun @Tenputt. Nice work! Count me again. Looking to do another ~30% drop again next year. Ambitious but if I keep the workout I did last year over the winter, it might be possible. <5 here I come!

1605323951671.png

I'm in. This year went from 13 to 7.4 and back up to 11.2. Sitting at 10.8 right now so hope to hit a new low this coming year. Screenshot_20201113-194420.png

I would love to get in on this but I currently do not have an established index. Haven’t had an established handicap since 2008. Was going to establish one this year but I ended up not needing to do so.
Get yourself an index. It is a great way to track your progress. Then, get in the contest!

I’m in, didn’t really play til late in the season. So I’m excited for 2021 to start fresh and get a full season in.
fd6385b5fdc06215dfc65f55ea238b4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in, didn’t really play til late in the season. So I’m excited for 2021 to start fresh and get a full season in.
fd6385b5fdc06215dfc65f55ea238b4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's do it! Gotta play some next year. 😄

Let's do it! Gotta play some next year. 😄
Yessir, my game is finally back into form and am happy to play anytime! Still playing currently as long as the snow stays away.

Get yourself an index. It is a great way to track your progress. Then, get in the contest!

This is why I got mine. Not only has it helped me track my improvement but it has made me actually start playing golf. No more foot rakes or breakfast balls. Took about two rounds to realize how many shots I was cheating myself out of.

I have no intention of playing tourneys and don’t have any real reason for a cap. It is just for me to track my performance.

Love this idea - thanks for putting this on @Tenputt !

I'm working on my game to compete as much as possible in 2021, but not sure how this would work with my handicap :unsure: Wishing luck to everyone involved though!

Back