Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest, 2021/22

Back in it for this year. I was heading in the wrong direction but I just checked Arccos and I dropped a whopping 0.9 in my last 7 rounds.
hdcp.jpg

I’m really going to work hard to be a single digit handicap this year. GHIN currently at 12.9 so I’ve got some work to do. I need to start as soon as the snow is off the ground and the weather cooperates. Then it’s going to be lots of play on course and probably a couple of visits to my buddy, who’s a club pro, for instruction and getting rid of bad habits.

He’s great at teaching and uses video and launch monitor tech, along with some older teaching aids that really help as well. Off the tee is the weakest part of my game.... No complaints on distance, but fight a slice. You just can’t score when you’re out of position off the tee. 🥴

Count me in. Hoping to make big strides this year!
5811b88f7d4d9f0c9e4cc3bbe7430c18.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

image.png

Went ahead and got an official HDCP so that I can officially compete, with WA State's active handicap season starting today.

Screenshot_20210301-091546_TheGrint.jpg

You only need 54 holes of golf to establish a handicap and then you could go from there.
OK. I upgraded my Grint app to get the handicap and carded a 99 to start the year at Lake Buena Vista in Orlando. I also shot a 98 late last year up in Michigan, but it was from the Senior tees, as I was playing with a significantly older group. My other scores from late last year were a 105, 106, 107 and a 118.

I’m making progress and I now have an official Grint handicap of 21.7. I figured it would be much higher, so I’ll have to learn more about how it’s calculated. I also need to get better about entering my data now to get a better picture of where I can best improve. Somehow I recorded a round with 93% fairway accuracy and I know that’s wrong. 🙄

We shall see what the season brings us!

Alan

9928684afaa3875886dca81ba07714b8.jpg

Yeah, not sure how this computes to a 21.7, but above card is a 26. I think I’m doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9928684afaa3875886dca81ba07714b8.jpg

Yeah, not sure how this computes to a 21.7, but above card is a 26. I think I’m doing something wrong.

What is the slope rating of the course where you scored the 98?

What is the slope rating of the course where you scored the 98?

It was 136. I’m also curious why it’s only starting one round to compute for my handicap? On my phone now, but I feel a deep dive into handicap calculations tonight.

It was 136. I’m also curious why it’s only starting one round to compute for my handicap? On my phone now, but I feel a deep dive into handicap calculations tonight.

It all makes sense to me. At a 136 slope rating, your 98 probably is about a 22 index. With 5 reported scores, your index will be determined from your single best round. As you add more scores, the numbers of scores used will increase until you get to twenty rounds, when your index will be based off of your 8 best scores. Below is the USGA chart:

552CC024-E489-4814-AADD-162AA0F19043.png

Shot an 88 over the weekend at an easy course, but I wasn’t too disappointed being my first time swinging outdoors in 3 months. Posting season starts in just over 2 weeks. Look out, here I come! 😁

Mine went up. 22.8 although I since dropped to 21-4. Had a bunch of executive par 30 and put a 106,109,98,105 after being 91-96 for months.

Started at 11.2 after 3 rounds this yr. it now reads 10.7 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Now that’s how you start a season! Keep it up my guy (y)

I think I am basically locked into a 21 or so now without starting to shoot some breaking 90 rounds. Been firmly entrenched between 93-97 with a 90, 91 on my last 20 and a 105/109 and 101 in my last 20. At 21.5 right now. Been between 20.2 and 21.8 for all of 2021. Not going to have any of the executive courses on my scores though going forward. Treating those as practice rounds because they really have been lately and the merging of par 30 9 hole rounds doesn't seem right. I know I get tired on the back 9 and it impacts my scores. Next month with weather getting better and me practicing will be telling. Still expect to get to a 16-17 by end of this year. But lately it doesn't seem to matter if I play good or bad I end up with a 95 or 96 and if it is really bad I end up with a 98-99.

I think fitted clubs is going to help. My specs today were so different than what I am playing is crazy. Ended up +1/2 and 2 degrees upright. Current set is +1 1/2 and 1 degree flat and a club with way too much offset.

Well, I'm trending in the wrong direction. Handicap is up 2 since I posted in here. Gotta get the swing dialed in once they open the range back up again. Been a rough start to the season.

Season opens this week! Looks like I have a few rounds to get into rhythm, but hopefully I can sneak in a round or two this weekend that will go towards my cap.
1617109258992.png

Count me in. Hoping to make big strides this year!
5811b88f7d4d9f0c9e4cc3bbe7430c18.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
First round of the year was a good start for me! Feeling pumped to see this handicap start to drop!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-074415.png
    Screenshot_20210403-074415.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
I’m rolling early on. Have my handicap down to 12.1 with no signs of slowing down! I’ve only ever posted one differential under 10, so I really can’t drop too much further without going very low, which is exactly what I intent to do!
E3AFBD5F-7D93-4347-9975-ABBEC49C4A7B.jpeg

Hey, @Tenputt - big fan. My handicap reduction has not been a reduction at all. I’m holding steady but feel primed for it to go the wrong way in the near term. But I’ve got time!

Hey, @Tenputt - big fan. My handicap reduction has not been a reduction at all. I’m holding steady but feel primed for it to go the wrong way in the near term. But I’ve got time!
It’s way early in the season. We will all start rounding into form soon.

It’s way early in the season. We will all start rounding into form soon.

I am going the wrong direction but that was to be expected. I am up almost a full stroke right now with is a 33% increase. Fortunately all it takes is one or two good rounds to reverse that trend. I don't feel like I have been hitting it bad it is just that spring is really tough to score during at my course due to the consistent 20 mph winds.

After jumping up to 9.3, back to 8.6 so down .3 so far in cold weather. I think I can go lower if I can hit fairways with my new stick.

B903B31B-956A-4273-BB53-ADE3DC5559B7.png

Back