Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest, 2021/22

Screenshot_20210726-120156_TheGrint.jpg20.2 and 2 years playing

I'm slowly getting there. I'm putting in scores for every 9 and 18 hole round. I'm using the GHIN App. As of today, it says my Handicap Index is 11.0. I assume that I take that number and figure out my course handicap for the course and tees that I am playing.

I'm slowly getting there. I'm putting in scores for every 9 and 18 hole round. I'm using the GHIN App. As of today, it says my Handicap Index is 11.0. I assume that I take that number and figure out my course handicap for the course and tees that I am playing.
On the home screen, there's a "Handicap Calculator" button. It'll do all the work for you!

7 lessons and new Mizuno irons later, my index is the same as last year; my friends claim the extra year of age is working against me, but I hold out hope for continued improvement!

6.7 now, and reached my club championship 36 hole finals this Saturday. Happy to get to the finals, beat guys better than me in last two matches.

Again, I just decided in July to reestablish a handicap. I'm at 12.3 currently. I'm going to keep posting my scores.

After hitting a low of 8.0 my handicap is currently in a ToTheMoon pattern :facepalm:

Again, I just decided in July to reestablish a handicap. I'm at 12.3 currently. I'm going to keep posting my scores.
Let’s see if you, @gkeller813 and I can all be humming along with momentum come November.

Let’s see if you, @gkeller813 and I can all be humming along with momentum come November.

October is usually the end of my season. I'm looking forward to having a reason to keep my game up to snuff in November. Can't think of anything better than a trip down to play at PGA National. :):):):):)

Exactly one year ago, my index was 6.6. By November 1, it was down to 3.

I currently am at 4.6. If I could cut it in half, like I did last year, I would be a little over 2. It’s a big move, given that I have lost some ball speed this year. Still, it is doable.

I'm need to work on my short game and putting. This is where I'm losing strokes, and know with practice they will come! Love having extra motivation to keep progressing, especially later in the season than normal!

I'm need to work on my short game and putting. This is where I'm losing strokes, and know with practice they will come! Love having extra motivation to keep progressing, especially later in the season than normal!

In the same boat both with the current state of my game (short game is inconsistent and I have been struggling with the putter) and the fact that I usually play my last round of the season in October. I played three rounds last year in November but that was due to a stretch of unseasonably warm weather. But, I'm definitely feeling motivated and will work on my game and will reintroduce my off season stretching and exercise program.

Down to 19.6 from 23. Still have some work.

IMG_3969.jpg

Shot a personal best 89 at my home course today. Handicap reduction is now down to 17 from 22! 📉

It’s a fun paradox - I’m playing some of the best golf I’ve played ever but my handicap is unchanged.

It’s a fun paradox - I’m playing some of the best golf I’ve played ever but my handicap is unchanged.
It becomes difficult to move it, doesn’t it? Actually, with the soft cap, it will be difficult to move it either way now.What makes me happy is over two years ago at the Morgan Cup, we talked about this being where you would soon be and here you are. You have put in the investment and it has paid off.

It becomes difficult to move it, doesn’t it? Actually, with the soft cap, it will be difficult to move it either way now.What makes me happy is over two years ago at the Morgan Cup, we talked about this being where you would soon be and here you are. You have put in the investment and it has paid off.
You certainly have kept the faith, even when I didn’t have it. I won’t make this year’s lofty goal but I’ll come away happy with the progress. Still plenty of work to go

Last edited:

Attachments

• F93D6385-9991-4EDA-B2B2-51495F2C2728.png
    F93D6385-9991-4EDA-B2B2-51495F2C2728.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
What’s the delta on the leader in the clubhouse?

This was fun @Tenputt. Nice work! Count me again. Looking to do another ~30% drop again next year. Ambitious but if I keep the workout I did last year over the winter, it might be possible. <5 here I come!

View attachment 8974190

So here we are almost a year later. Started at 7.0 and since my handicap season ends in a week, pretty safe to say this is my new low handicap. It's been a good year.

Screenshot_20211008-070346.jpg

I hit my low earlier in the year of 2.6 but a few scores have rolled off and I have bounced to 3.4. I started the year at 2.8 because I shot 69 on the last day you could post scores last year which dropped me a full stroke. I am unlikely to get below 3.0 this year unless I find magic in the next month because we stop recording scores on 11/15.

66E67884-0BE7-4081-88D4-B990BE8A0E73.png

Back