Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest

1603508675949.png
So I went from 9.5 down to a 6.5 at the end of the year or roughly a 33% reduction. Got a few more rounds in me before the weather completely turns so I expect that to go up a notch or two as the crappy conditions play a part but overall I am super happy with the drop. Been the best I've played pretty much ever.

Down to a 23 in 2020 in my first year having a cap. About 78%. IMG_2715.png
IMG_2714.png
Hopefully I can keep this pace for the next year.

Damn, I never thought I'd actually get this looks this year. What a great contest. Here's my official entry:

Start: 11.1

Final: 6.8 (I think my revision for tomorrow will drop me to 6.5 with today's score, but I can't see the trending handicap in the app right now).

View attachment 8970765

% Decrease = 39% (41% based on 6.5).

Pretty awesome. 😎
There it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-084108.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-084108.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1
You already signed up for Albatross 2021. It looked like you would have been a winner here.

I’ll gladly donate that to someone else if I won anything. Not sure that really counts though. I probably was never that high. Just hadn’t played. Realistically I dropped from 30 to 23.

This next year will be the real test fir this reduction.

Isn’t that a 46.3% reduction? It’s amazing progress and I want to see another huge drop next year too!

Yes it is. You’d think as an accountant I’d get the divider correct on a flux %.

Definitely want to keep up this pace. I’m still thinking about what my 2021 goals will be. I think I’m going to aim for getting to 15. Think that’s an aggressive but reachable goal.

Yes it is. You’d think as an accountant I’d get the divider correct on a flux %.

Definitely want to keep up this pace. I’m still thinking about what my 2021 goals will be. I think I’m going to aim for getting to 15. Think that’s an aggressive but reachable goal.
That’s an OUTSTANDING year to drop that much and something tells me you can do it again next year too. (I also asked the question because I’m not exactly the best with math :rolleyes:)

Cool Contest, but because I am the Krooks Boepka, I cannot lower my handicap anymore ;)

Thanks brother!

LOL. It looks like I ended this contest one day too early. I shot a 73 yesterday on a difficult track, which brought my index down to 3, a 46.4% drop for the year. Not much good came from the pandemic, but it allowed me to play a lot of golf and the results were evident.

I 4A83BA16-6563-412F-AFA8-78442D366642.jpeg

Mine has ended on 5.7, down from 8.0

Now the hard work begins though, to get it lower next season

LOL. It looks like I ended this contest one day too early. I shot a 73 yesterday on a difficult track, which brought my index down to 3, a 46.4% drop for the year. Not much good came from the pandemic, but it allowed me to play a lot of golf and the results were evident.

I View attachment 8970953
Sheesh! That's a great score and a great season of golf!

Congrats to all who achieved their goals. I reached mine recently. It was higher a year ago but mine will only show back to January. 5A16254E-AB4F-4195-B4D6-2E2C5C29BCA4.jpeg0ADDCC68-B8DF-4DFF-B83E-867E8B2B0050.jpeg

You have already paid for your Albatross 2021.
No worries. It’s the thought that counts. It was fun to participate and work towards improving.

I am going to give this until Friday and then I want to pay the Albatross Club fees for the winners, so that it doesn’t drag on. Too many good things coming from THP.

While I temporarily hit 43% reduction from when I joined I am currently at only a 16% reduction. Plus when I joined in Jan I had been going up so from a year ago I am sitting just above where I was. Sad. Better this coming year though.

Ok, we gave this a week for people to report after closing it up last week. It looks like the winners are @campilobaxter, @M2Giles and @Molten. I know, Gary, that you threw in to pay for somebody, but you are the only three who topped me as of the closing date, who have reported in and who have not already signed up for Albatross 2021. So, I am going to pay the fee for you three, if that’s ok. I will reach out to @GolferGal to make sure you get credited. This has been a lot of fun over the past year. Thanks everybody who participated.

Ok, we gave this a week for people to report after closing it up last week. It looks like the winners are @campilobaxter, @M2Giles and @Molten. I know, Gary, that you threw in to pay for somebody, but you are the only three who topped me as of the closing date, who have reported in and who have not already signed up for Albatross 2021. So, I am going to pay the fee for you three, if that’s ok. I will reach out to @GolferGal to make sure you get credited. This has been a lot of fun over the past year. Thanks everybody who participated.
I’m already in, so maybe you can surprise someone for the third spot (or use it to cover your spot for 2021!)

That's Awesome Craig.

I’m already in, so maybe you can surprise someone for the third spot (or use it to cover your spot for 2021!)

Beating the gun.

Thanks Craig!! I get an all time low handicap AND my Albatross Club membership paid for!? What a deal!

Back