Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest

I don't have a GHIN (I'm in Canada and also not a club member) will you accept entries based on just Grint or SwingU entry?

I don't have a GHIN (I'm in Canada and also not a club member) will you accept entries based on just Grint or SwingU entry?

Sure, as long as you attest that it the means legitimately tracks all your scores according to the USGA rules.

Sure, as long as you attest that it the means legitimately tracks all your scores according to the USGA rules.
Well it would just me being honest (none of my scores are attested as I don't know anyone else who uses The Grint). I'll upload mine for the accountability at least, even if I can't actually win anything. Handicap as of 15th Jan. Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 9.56.41 AM.png

Great motivation and giving to a great cause. I don’t have an official handicap yet but will soon on the grint.

here is my 9 hole handy cap
48f7ecb2c37c9cf15a4ce06787d2a5c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Great motivation and giving to a great cause. I don’t have an official handicap yet but will soon on the grint.
I don't have an official one either, so I am in the same boat.

Great contest Craig! I'm in, although I think it will be just a hard for me to go from an 11.1 to a 7.7 as it will be for you to go from 5.7 to a sub 4. 30% is a huge drop! But the good news is I was already working on my off season (if I even have one if those) plan for breaking into single digits, so this just gives me another reason.

View attachment 8912050
Moving in the right direction.

2cd65d4a4c36376518d09ad131b51652.jpg

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Thought I added mine when this thread first came up. Oh well I’ll add now. 52B2BD8C-D22E-430A-A282-85FB91591DAC.png

Great contest and gesture...I need some motivation so I’m in.

EC4631DF-6FBD-47D1-AF89-180CECA3C64B.jpeg

A 30% reduction takes me to a 6.6. I’ve got some work to do but I may just race you there!
I’m currently at a 7.7 but I think I’m headed in the wrong direction. This will be harder than anticipated!

I'm in. Screenshot_20200223-192310_GHIN.jpg

OK, I'm in....12.6 down 30% would make me 8.9. That's going to be a tough call, but I intend to play a lot of golf this year, and with MC preparations I'm hoping to get close. What a great gesture.

Attachments

• Handicap.png
    Handicap.png
    32 KB · Views: 4
Ok. The game is on. As of this weekend, my locality is now recording scores. Now we get to see the progress from everybody who entered the contest. Good luck to all.

Ok. The game is on. As of this weekend, my locality is now recording scores. Now we get to see the progress from everybody who entered the contest. Good luck to all.

Unfortunately my season has not begun yet but will be starting within the next 2 weeks as soon as the weather gets a little warmer on a consistent basis and the COVID-19 apocalypse doesn't put a damper on here in NYC. They keep shutting things down so waiting to see if courses are next....

I’m currently at a 7.7 but I think I’m headed in the wrong direction. This will be harder than anticipated!

I remember at the Morgan Cup last year that we were talking about your getting into a single digit index and you more than got there. Your problem is your heavy work load. Is all it takes is a hot streak and a few good scores. I predict you’ll see the 5‘s this year.

I’ll join the fun/challenge! I’m sitting at a 13.2 with a low of 12.4. I’d love to crack single digits, but I have some work to do since I’ve only been sub-80 three times and it’s been over 5 years since my last round in the 70’s. A 30% reduction would get me where I want to be!

08E02A9A-F611-4722-AAA1-67DDAA31E80B.jpeg

I remember at the Morgan Cup last year that we were talking about your getting into a single digit index and you more than got there. Your problem is your heavy work load. Is all it takes is a hot streak and a few good scores. I predict you’ll see the 5‘s this year.
Recent scores have me headed in the wrong direction! I appreciate the kind words and I’m really hope you are right because I would do anything to get to a 5!

My index is down a little more than 5%, after posting my first score of the year.

My index is down to even 5, after a good score earlier in the week. How’s everybody doing?

323C8BC6-CB55-4C39-89FA-B3D18C2A1406.jpeg

My index is down to even 5, after a good score earlier in the week. How’s everybody doing?

View attachment 8932504
Nice going! I’m going to call around to local courses this weekend, but my jersey shore golf trip was cancelled. Hopefully I can still get out, haven’t played since early February.

I’m headed in the wrong direction but I’m working on getting better while I can’t get out.

Back