Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest

Had a big break through recently, with scores of 76 and an even par 71 (🤯) round in the last week. It was unreal. But I also mixed in an 83 and an 84 in there too to even things out. Regardless, the low scores helped me make a big jump b from 9.0 to a new low of 6.6!

View attachment 8960873
An even par round is going to keep that thing dropping fast! Amazing job

Just seeing this thread now. A little late for me to jump in but kudos to @Tenputt for the idea and putting up the cost!!

It’s been a wild run for me this year. I got my index down to 3.8 in the spring and was playing great golf. However, the wheels fell off and my index ballooned to over 7. I got things figured out and am playing great again. My index currently is at 4.8 and I am hopeful to see it get back down in the 3’s before year’s end.

It’s been a wild run for me this year. I got my index down to 3.8 in the spring and was playing great golf. However, the wheels fell off and my index ballooned to over 7. I got things figured out and am playing great again. My index currently is at 4.8 and I am hopeful to see it get back down in the 3’s before year’s end.

I've not quite had as wild of a ride but got to 7.4 and currently back up to 8.9. Been working on swing though so hopefully getting things figured out.

Dropped again after shooting 76 and a string of 80's and 81's. Now down to 7.0. Almost 30% reduction.

Last edited:
Thank you! Make some birdies!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 11.48.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 11.48.31 AM.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 6
Had a big break through recently, with scores of 76 and an even par 71 (🤯) round in the last week. It was unreal. But I also mixed in an 83 and an 84 in there too to even things out. Regardless, the low scores helped me make a big jump b from 9.0 to a new low of 6.6!

View attachment 8960873

That is incredible dude! congrats!

Hcp 180.JPG
I am certainly enjoying the current trend, however the season is also winding down....

View attachment 8960873
I don’t know how I missed this, Dan. This is totally awesome! It makes me happy.

I don’t know how I missed this, Dan. This is totally awesome! It makes me happy.
Something tells me that he would pound me if we had a rematch. And it makes me happy too!

Something tells me that he would pound me if we had a rematch. And it makes me happy too!
It would be epic to watch and sounds like it would be a battle to the end.

My index will be down to 4.3 tomorrow, after shooting a 70 today. I am having a fortunate hot streak as the season begins to wind down.

I'm down to 7.3 now. Hoping some consistency holds through the fall

My first few times out when I started playing were shot in the 150 to 160 range. I'm down to the 120 or so numbers now. Being a little dramatic I cut 40 shots off in one season, without context pretty darn impressive!

@Tenputt are you tracking this? Can't remember what I declared to begin.

I am not tracking it. I am far too lazy to do that. 😂. People will have to self report.
It's all good. I just need to soft through the first few pages to find out where I started.

We will tally this up at the end of October.

Over all of my rounds, and this is just app data, I average 50.3 over par with my par 3 averaging 5 shots, par 4 averaging 6.9 and par 5 average of 8.1.

I have not shot a double digit hole in the last 5 rounds (this month), and have gotten one par average and 4 bogeys average. Best round on record is 109.

For being so terrible on paper, the game sure is fun.

Come on everybody. We have about a month left. Push hard!

678AEFCE-E912-4875-BFC3-228ABC732CCF.jpeg

Down .1 after yesterday's round (87 with an 86 ESC).Screenshot_20200919-112259_TheGrint.jpg

Back