TENS Unit, do you have one/use one?

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I have heard of these fantastic little devices but never had the opportunity to use one until recently and it blew my mind. It was kind of weird at first but I liked it a lot so much so I picked one up on amazon today. I battle a sore neck and shoulder at times so I figured I’d give it a shot. Any tips, tricks or things I should know?

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
yep. i had one in texas when we got together last year. they are great for temporary relief.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Love mine, use it whenever i have some soft tissue discomfort - had it for a few years and it works great sometimes i wish it was a little stronger

will add pic later

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
yep. i had one in texas when we got together last year. they are great for temporary relief.
I remember you talking about it but never saw it. I had no idea what it actually was haha

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Yes, and I absolutely love mine; I’ve had it for a few years now. I got it after using one at Physiotherapy following wrist surgery. I use it whenever I have muscle pain or restless legs at night. I was able to buy the exact same model as was used by my physiotherapist.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I remember you talking about it but never saw it. I had no idea what it actually was haha
they’re really helpful during tax season. long days slumped at a computer. gives some neck and back relief.

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putting
We have one and my wife uses it a lot. I used it a good bit at the end of 2018 when I was experiencing a lot of pain from my sciatic nerve. Definitely helped provide some relief.

cbaker2882

Ohio - not as cold, now just wet
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I had one I got for my lower back, and I’ve used the professional ones when I’ve gone through physical therapy in the past. They didn’t seem to do much for me honestly

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Nice review of a pretty fancy unit! Massage settings?! Wow! I’ll go look at what model I have.
yeah there were a lot of settings on it. But I mostly just jack it up high and let it do its thing like in the photo below when I hurt my back last year.
I still use it quite a bit on my shoulder, arm, and back. It is really good for pain relief.

I'm bumping this one because I took a fall down some stairs earlier today while helping my cousin move some stuff and jacked up my back. Therefore at this point in time it is my favorite review item of 2018.

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver

Jeff Spicoli

I used to be good at golf
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
History
We have one and I use it on my back, knees, and neck. I think it definitely helps provide some relief.

Stemmy66

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I have heard of these fantastic little devices but never had the opportunity to use one until recently and it blew my mind. It was kind of weird at first but I liked it a lot so much so I picked one up on amazon today. I battle a sore neck and shoulder at times so I figured I’d give it a shot. Any tips, tricks or things I should know?
Don’t be afraid to use ice with the TENS unit.... the effects of ice plus the tens are compounded.... This is a standard modality that is done in Physical Therapy setting but most home use is TENS alone.

-CRW-

Reaction score
Handicap
Don’t be afraid to use ice with the TENS unit.... the effects of ice plus the tens are compounded.... This is a standard modality that is done in Physical Therapy setting but most home use is TENS alone.
I have one and enjoy it, but I use mine with a heating pad.

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
thats what my PT used to do. We'd do heat prior to our exercises, and then finish up with the tens - ice combo. I always felt amazing leaving there.

Stemmy66

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I have one and enjoy it, but I use mine with a heating pad.
Useful but depends on when you are using.... heat and stim to activate the muscles and tendons, ice and stim to help recover and reduce residual swelling

Stemmy66

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
thats what my PT used to do. We'd do heat prior to our exercises, and then finish up with the tens - ice combo. I always felt amazing leaving there.
If you have any joint swelling ice is always best IMO.... sometimes alternating ice and heat consecutively helps blood flow and recovery, but is difficult with some body parts. Especially if you’re doing it by yourself

mikeg_74

2015 #TheGrandaddy Alum & 2019 #AssCap
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I might need to look into this for my ankle and lower back

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have thought about getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

chefkritter

I’m a Dr. of all things unimportant
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m a walking ER visit waiting to happen. Of course I’ve got one, like others said, great for some temporary relief.

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
yeah there were a lot of settings on it. But I mostly just jack it up high and let it do its thing like in the photo below when I hurt my back last year.
I still use it quite a bit on my shoulder, arm, and back. It is really good for pain relief.
So mine is the Balego Twin-Stim TENS EMS Combo. I like that I can have two sets of two pads each doing different things.

ddec

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
So mine is the Balego Twin-Stim TENS EMS Combo. I like that I can have two sets of two pads each doing different things.
Oh that's actually a real nice feature. Do you use that often or mainly stick to one setting?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in