TENS Unit, do you have one/use one?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I have heard of these fantastic little devices but never had the opportunity to use one until recently and it blew my mind. It was kind of weird at first but I liked it a lot so much so I picked one up on amazon today. I battle a sore neck and shoulder at times so I figured I’d give it a shot. Any tips, tricks or things I should know?

yep. i had one in texas when we got together last year. they are great for temporary relief.

Love mine, use it whenever i have some soft tissue discomfort - had it for a few years and it works great sometimes i wish it was a little stronger

will add pic later

yep. i had one in texas when we got together last year. they are great for temporary relief.
I remember you talking about it but never saw it. I had no idea what it actually was haha

Yes, and I absolutely love mine; I’ve had it for a few years now. I got it after using one at Physiotherapy following wrist surgery. I use it whenever I have muscle pain or restless legs at night. I was able to buy the exact same model as was used by my physiotherapist.

I remember you talking about it but never saw it. I had no idea what it actually was haha

they’re really helpful during tax season. long days slumped at a computer. gives some neck and back relief.

We have one and my wife uses it a lot. I used it a good bit at the end of 2018 when I was experiencing a lot of pain from my sciatic nerve. Definitely helped provide some relief.

I had one I got for my lower back, and I’ve used the professional ones when I’ve gone through physical therapy in the past. They didn’t seem to do much for me honestly

Nice review of a pretty fancy unit! Massage settings?! Wow! I’ll go look at what model I have.

yeah there were a lot of settings on it. But I mostly just jack it up high and let it do its thing like in the photo below when I hurt my back last year.
I still use it quite a bit on my shoulder, arm, and back. It is really good for pain relief.

I'm bumping this one because I took a fall down some stairs earlier today while helping my cousin move some stuff and jacked up my back. Therefore at this point in time it is my favorite review item of 2018.

4a2ec4d81df862316085366ff8488eef.jpg

We have one and I use it on my back, knees, and neck. I think it definitely helps provide some relief.

I have heard of these fantastic little devices but never had the opportunity to use one until recently and it blew my mind. It was kind of weird at first but I liked it a lot so much so I picked one up on amazon today. I battle a sore neck and shoulder at times so I figured I’d give it a shot. Any tips, tricks or things I should know?
Don’t be afraid to use ice with the TENS unit.... the effects of ice plus the tens are compounded.... This is a standard modality that is done in Physical Therapy setting but most home use is TENS alone.

Don’t be afraid to use ice with the TENS unit.... the effects of ice plus the tens are compounded.... This is a standard modality that is done in Physical Therapy setting but most home use is TENS alone.
I have one and enjoy it, but I use mine with a heating pad.

thats what my PT used to do. We'd do heat prior to our exercises, and then finish up with the tens - ice combo. I always felt amazing leaving there.

I have one and enjoy it, but I use mine with a heating pad.
Useful but depends on when you are using.... heat and stim to activate the muscles and tendons, ice and stim to help recover and reduce residual swelling

thats what my PT used to do. We'd do heat prior to our exercises, and then finish up with the tens - ice combo. I always felt amazing leaving there.
If you have any joint swelling ice is always best IMO.... sometimes alternating ice and heat consecutively helps blood flow and recovery, but is difficult with some body parts. Especially if you’re doing it by yourself

I might need to look into this for my ankle and lower back

I have thought about getting one, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I’m a walking ER visit waiting to happen. Of course I’ve got one, like others said, great for some temporary relief.

yeah there were a lot of settings on it. But I mostly just jack it up high and let it do its thing like in the photo below when I hurt my back last year.
I still use it quite a bit on my shoulder, arm, and back. It is really good for pain relief.
So mine is the Balego Twin-Stim TENS EMS Combo. I like that I can have two sets of two pads each doing different things.

So mine is the Balego Twin-Stim TENS EMS Combo. I like that I can have two sets of two pads each doing different things.

Oh that's actually a real nice feature. Do you use that often or mainly stick to one setting?

Back