Tensei 1K Pro White

MH

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hoping to hear some thoughts from THPer’s who have hit this one. How does it compare to the the AV raw white? I noticed that the torque is a bit higher so would that mean that the shaft feels a bit softer? I have watched the TXG video where Mat compares it to the Ventus black but that is the only comparison I have seen and not surprised that it’s a bit softer than that one. Any first hand experiences would be greatly appreciated

No one has hit this?

Tighter, stiffer yet somehow smoother version of the original Tensei Pro White.

Hoping to hear some thoughts from THPer’s who have hit this one. How does it compare to the the AV raw white? I noticed that the torque is a bit higher so would that mean that the shaft feels a bit softer? I have watched the TXG video where Mat compares it to the Ventus black but that is the only comparison I have seen and not surprised that it’s a bit softer than that one. Any first hand experiences would be greatly appreciated

I would compare it more to the Ventus Blue than the Black. It’s not nearly as stout as the Ventus Black, or even the original Tensei Pro White. It’s a great shaft though. I’ve hit both the Tensei AV White and the Tensei 1K and I much prefer the 1K as it gives me better numbers.

I would compare it more to the Ventus Blue than the Black. It’s not nearly as stout as the Ventus Black, or even the original Tensei Pro White. It’s a great shaft though. I’ve hit both the Tensei AV White and the Tensei 1K and I much prefer the 1K as it gives me better numbers.
So in your opinion it is worth the extra $$$ over the av raw? The profile is the same with more premium materials in the 1k? I have hit the raw but no way to test the 1K so i would taking a chance purchasing it

So in your opinion it is worth the extra $$$ over the av raw? The profile is the same with more premium materials in the 1k? I have hit the raw but no way to test the 1K so i would taking a chance purchasing it

If I had to pick between the two, I’m going with the 1K. If it is worth the money is only a question the buyer can truly answer. I don’t know what your financial status is. I never push anyone towards a purchase.

Ordered a 60s today for my epic speed max LS

Did a full bag fitting last night at Modern Golf. Tensei 1k Pro White 60S was the clear winner in my Epic Flash driver. So smooth and powerful, great feel all the way through impact. But the best part? Absolutely fixed the left miss and took the left side out of play.

Must have one.

Reactions: MH
Ordered a 60s today for my epic speed max LS
Where did you order from and how much did you pay? PM me if you prefer.

Where did you order from and how much did you pay? PM me if you prefer.
Just sent you a PM but ordered through JD’s Clubs

Mine is here as well, haven’t got to play it as it snowed again. But did get to pound a few balls out to the field. Very solid shaft. @ArmyGolf have you had yours on the course yet?

Mine is here as well, haven’t got to play it as it snowed again. But did get to pound a few balls out to the field. Very solid shaft. @ArmyGolf have you had yours on the course yet?
Not yet. But if tonight's little babysit'n'bash sesh at the range was any indication - we're gonna get along just fine.

Reactions: MH
I've always hated when people come online and proclaim their new shaft to be longer, straighter, and with the best feel they've ever experienced. But I must do just that regarding the 1K. Amazing piece of equipment. It allowed me to gain speed while also tightening dispersion and eliminating the big miss (right or left). I wish I had strokes gained stats from today's round because I'm not sure I could drive it much better.

It's a profile change for me, sort of going back to my old Hzrdus Black roots, and I think this is where I belong right now.

I have a 50x on the way to go against my ventus blue 60s. I had success with the PW in 60s but with a little heavier head. Hoping this is a pretty good comparison in my epic speed head while going a touch lighter for some potential swing speed improvements. And worst case, I keep the ventus blue as it’s really working for me right now.

I have a 50x on the way to go against my ventus blue 60s. I had success with the PW in 60s but with a little heavier head. Hoping this is a pretty good comparison in my epic speed head while going a touch lighter for some potential swing speed improvements. And worst case, I keep the ventus blue as it’s really working for me right now.
Seeing some of the YouTube guys experiment with this and have success makes me wanna try it also.... my current driver setup is a very strong part of my game and I have no reason to change but thats just not fun! Id try the 50x in a longer build at 46"

I demo'd it and loved it. Smooth with wonderful mid/high flight and baby draw with my Epic Speed and straightened out my baby fade with SIM2 Max. Very consistent and repeatable (that day, anyway). Ordered on the spot: 60s at 45" play length. I tested against the Ventus Black and others in similar and different flight and spin categories and this was the clear winner. Currently gaming the Smoke Black in the Speed and RDX Blue in SIM2 Max (which I like a lot) and may get a touch more distance with RDX Blue in SIM2 Max but look forward to on course testing with 1k. I should get it in a week or so. Would love to hear others thoughts.
Edit: FYI, my SS is 99-104, smooth tempo with moderate transition.

Last edited:
I demo'd it and loved it. Smooth with wonderful mid/high flight and baby draw with my Epic Speed and straightened out my baby fade with SIM2 Max. Very consistent and repeatable (that day, anyway). Ordered on the spot: 60s at 45" play length. I tested against the Ventus Black and others in similar and different flight and spin categories and this was the clear winner. Currently gaming the Smoke Black in the Speed and RDX Blue in SIM2 Max (which I like a lot) and may get a touch more distance with RDX Blue in SIM2 Max but look forward to on course testing with 1k. I should get it in a week or so. Would love to hear others thoughts.
Edit: FYI, my SS is 99-104, smooth tempo with moderate transition.
This is making me hopeful. I just built a 50x at 45.75” to put against my VB 60S at 45”. SS is low 100s. I have a couple weights for my Epic Speed that allow me to tinker a bit with swing weight. Currently at D3 with a Lamkin mid Sonar+ in the Ventus and the same head in the 50x is at D4.7
Hoping to hit the range today or tomorrow for some feels

well, that didn't go well for me at all. If anyone is interested in a brand new 50X with no tipping that plays 45.75 in callaway heads PM me. I'll get some pics and have in in the marketplace soon

Man this shaft is probably the best 500 I've ever spent on a piece of golf equipment. A literal game changer for me.
Fixed all my dispersion issues AND added distance all in the same head. Been putting on a stripe show since I plugged it in.

What happened??
Could have been a bad swing day or maybe the indoor monitors but I couldn't find the center of the face if this thing came with GPS. Definitely me not the instrument but I've been tinkering way too much and actually seeing better results going closer to 45". I also don't think my speed is right for an x flex but I was hopeful the 50 with extra length would help. It didn't and I need to just stick with what's working for me right now.

Man this shaft is probably the best 500 I've ever spent on a piece of golf equipment. A literal game changer for me.
Fixed all my dispersion issues AND added distance all in the same head. Been putting on a stripe show since I plugged it in.

Does your Tensei White shaft have graphics reading "Made in Japan"?

Back