Tensei 1K Pro White

Not sure, I'll check. Should I be concerned if it does/doesn't?

I believe the Mitsubishi shafts, like Fujkura, produce some shafts in Japan (expensive) and other shafts in China or Vietnam. Sadly, the graphics for these shafts are identical or near identical, no matter which is the country of origin.

Does your Tensei White shaft have graphics reading "Made in Japan"?
Not sure, I'll check. Should I be concerned if it does/doesn't?
I believe the Mitsubishi shafts, like Fujkura, produce some shafts in Japan (expensive) and other shafts in China or Vietnam. Sadly, the graphics for these shafts are identical or near identical, no matter which is the country of origin.
Tensei shafts are made in China. The 1K shafts’ graphics are significantly different than the Pro White, AV Raw etc.

Man this shaft is probably the best 500 I've ever spent on a piece of golf equipment. A literal game changer for me.
Fixed all my dispersion issues AND added distance all in the same head. Been putting on a stripe show since I plugged it in.

Good to hear! What length are you playing? I see a lot of people playing 45+" with the 50x or tx at. I was only able to test the 60s at 45.5" and was tempted to purchase the 50s (at 45") thinking I might get more swing speed. But since I hit the 60s so well at 45.5 and wasn't able to hit the 50s I decided to go with what I knew worked and not take a chance. Should get it late this week or early next...

Good to hear! What length are you playing? I see a lot of people playing 45+" with the 50x or tx at. I was only able to test the 60s at 45.5" and was tempted to purchase the 50s (at 45") thinking I might get more swing speed. But since I hit the 60s so well at 45.5 and wasn't able to hit the 50s I decided to go with what I knew worked and not take a chance. Should get it late this week or early next...
Just playing my standard 45".
I don't really practice anymore so going to a "longer & lighter" setup just seems too risky for me.

Played my 60s that is tipped 1/2” in the 10* tsi3 head for the first time tonight. I like this shaft more each time I play, the 10* head definitely was a better fit than the 9* for me. I think it’s going to be a good year for my driver

Y'all pushed me over the edge, just ordered one as well. The stock AV Raw Orange felt a bit off and spin was sitting at 3k with my on-course swing (-2* attack angle). I'll report back with my performance using the 46" 50 TX on my G425 LST (heavy head + light shaft should give me the rhythmic feel and ball speed I desire).

Very excited though since I don't want to launch my driver high and give it the opportunity to give me too much of a cut. Stopped playing a draw as the volatility of it turning into a hook with low launch was getting aggressively unpredictable.

Y'all pushed me over the edge, just ordered one as well. The stock AV Raw Orange felt a bit off and spin was sitting at 3k with my on-course swing (-2* attack angle). I'll report back with my performance using the 46" 50 TX on my G425 LST (heavy head + light shaft should give me the rhythmic feel and ball speed I desire).

Very excited though since I don't want to launch my driver high and give it the opportunity to give me too much of a cut. Stopped playing a draw as the volatility of it turning into a hook with low launch was getting aggressively unpredictable.
I think you'll like it.
If I had to try summarize what its done for me:
1) added speed. Awww yeah!
2) brought in my dispersion pattern on both sides. Fades are legit fades (not slices that I try to pretend are fades). Draws don't turn into hooks anymore.

I think you'll like it.
2) brought in my dispersion pattern on both sides. Fades are legit fades (not slices that I try to pretend are fades). Draws don't turn into hooks anymore.

If you've received the Tensei shaft is it marked Made in China, or Made in Vietnam, or Made in Japan ?

If you've received the Tensei shaft is it marked Made in China, or Made in Vietnam, or Made in Japan ?
Has no visible markings that I can see.

I think you'll like it.

Totally true, just call it a "power fade", ha.

This shaft is an absolute beast in my tsi3 head. I wasn’t sure about after it after the first round but thinking the lighter weight and extra 1/2”in length threw me off a bit. Sure glad I didn’t bench it, length has been good and dispersion has been excellent

Last edited:
I'm going to double down and confirm that the Tensei 1K has easily been the best $500 I've spent on a piece of golf equipment in the last handful of years. Yeah, $500 for a shaft is lunacy (right?!). But alternatively I would have spent $800-$1100 on a custom fit driver which may or may not have had the same results.

Anyways, this thing is point and shoot. I'm only getting better with it week by week as I learn how it reacts to different swings and situations. Best part is that I've added control AND speed.

Finally received mine (60s at 45"). Of course, first session on the range couldn't reproduce the magic I had the first demo session; poor contact, low and heely, but wasn't hitting the RDX Blue much better. 2nd session today and didn't start much better but started choking down a half inch or so and had much better results (with both shafts). Improved contact, much better flight. I tend to pull the 1k and fade the RDX Blue but with good swings I get a good straight flight with good height, maybe just a touch lower than the Blue. Took it on the course for a few holes and put some good swings on it. RDX Blue may be a touch longer. Definitely going to work with it more and switch back and forth to get good comps. Playing 18 tomorrow but haven't yet committed to a starter. I'll update.

Played 18 today. Decided to play the front with the RDX Blue and back with the 1k. Ended yesterdays range session on a good note and found a new "feel" to add to choking down about a 1/2", so I looked forward to todays round. Hit some good drives with the Blue and overall pleased with the front 9. Good distance, good dispersion, overall good face contact, and felt confident. 10 was a par 3 so hit the 1k on 11 for the first time on the course. Best drive of the day. Straight and long (for me). Great med/hi height and ball seemed to stay in the air and online (straight) for a long time. I didn't measure the distance but I had ~71 in from the back tees playing ~340 (hole was flat and maybe a touch into a slight cool breeze). Not all of my drives were that good but I felt confident with it, and distance and dispersion was good. The 1k felt about or as smooth as the RDX Blue and with my so-so speed, certainly feel like I can go after it without losing stability, which isn't too different than the Blue, really. I originally thought the 1k might be too stout for me and the ball flight too low but it really feels good. I don't have any actual launch monitor data but judging by on the course and range observations the 1k is going to battle the RDX Blue for the #1 spot. So today was overall a much better outing than my 1st range session with the 1k which was discouraging. I'm encouraged with my driver play overall and new "feel" (adding width in the backswing and delaying my wrist hinge) and look forward to more side by side range and on course time. I'd love to hear others' experiences with the 1k and how it stacks up with other shafts for them! I actually have an original Smoke Black on the way to compare as well. I play the Smoke Black in my Epic Speed (on the bench for now) and really like that combo so thought I'd throw that in to the mix.

Looks like I’m joining the club. 70S inbound. @ArmyGolf has yet to steer me wrong. Figured I should start listening.

I won one of these in a Mitsubishi giveaway, went with the 60R. Not my normal profile, I'm a low ball hitter, so a low flight shaft usually gets a pass, but what the heck, gotta give it a go. Put it in my 10.5* TEE EXS 220, and first round out wasn't pretty. Wasn't the shaft, just a horrible driving day. Started with my normal settings, 10.5*/Upright, also tried 10.5* Neutral, neither setup was working so I put my UST Elements Chrome back in, and that didn't work either. Just a bad swing day, although I did really like the feel of the Pro White 1K .

So got out for another round today, figured I'd give the Pro White 1K another go, but try something different. I set it up at Neutral +1, figuring the added loft might work okay with the low launch shaft, and also close the face a touch similar to the upright setting I normally use. Well it was a very good day with the driver, this shaft feels amazing, and my ball flight was a nice penetrating low-mid baby fade that really works for me.

This one is definitely a keeper.

Another round in the books with the EXS220 / Tensei 1K Pro White combo, and one of my best driving days ever. I hit all but three fairways, and hit provisionals on two of the ones I missed, hitting the fairway with both of those (used one of them). So hitting the driver 16 times, I hit the fairway with 13 of them, and most were a nice low-mid trajectory baby fade, getting out to about 220 - 230 yds, which is pretty good for me. My only misses were one that didn't fade and missed just a bit left, a terrible swing that resulted in a push fade that ran just OB right (provisional used), and a popup that just barely carried a hazard (provisional not used) that is an occasional miss that I call my Driving Wedge.

I'm obviously really liking this setup, and this shaft is one of the nicest feeling I've ever had in my hands.

The 1K is such a pleasure to use in driver. Good aggressive swings are rewarded with a blistering mid to mid-high ball flight. I have a very neutral path and hit up 5° to 7°. This shaft keeps my strike in the meat of the club head. I hit balls today and was super pleased with my contact pattern. DF8CB424-8578-41C1-AC23-48CCD3807383.jpeg

Back