The first crap one! Not even going to bother opening it. Mass produced crap full of additives and artificial flavor. Had to run up against a bad one sooner or later.
IMG_9072.jpeg

The wife doesn’t really drink tequila, and so therefore knows little about it. Which is why my advent calendar started pretty strong and then started to splutter. Another one that’s not great. Not a diffuser tequila like yesterday, but still not great. Very little flavor in this. Even the agave is pretty low key in this one. Pass.
IMG_9073.jpeg

Knocked for 6 the last few days, so I have some Tequila catching up to do! It’s a work night, and I’m still not 100%, so I’m only choosing one to taste tonight.
Normally, celebrity tequila is shite, and Casamigos isn’t much different, but I’ve only ever had the blanco. The rep might be a little better.
IMG_9078.jpeg

The Bad Stuff has a daft name, but I actually enjoyed the extra anejo from a few days ago. The blanco, however, isn’t rated highly on TM, so I’ll leave this one for now.
IMG_9081.jpeg

The first mezcal. Not for tonight though.
IMG_9082.jpeg

More celebrity hype, but an anejo.
IMG_9083.jpeg

This one I know is garbage. This one probably won’t even make it into a marg.
IMG_9084.jpeg

Ended up going with the Clooney Anejo. Not too bad. If I learnt anything by day 11, if you want a sipper, anejo or extra anejo is defitely worth the extra coin. They’d be crap in a margarita, but super smooth to sit and sip.

Half way through. Let’s see if the reposado is better than the blanco from 6 days ago…..
IMG_9089.jpeg

…….NOPE!

I guess proving the fact my wife knows jack about tequila, this calendar started off strongly but has been decidedly average for a good week now. Hoping it ends stronger.
IMG_9090.jpeg

Day 2 I had the blanco and it wasn’t bad. Today, it’s the turn of the reposado, and it’s also pretty good. Pretty heavy on the agave for a reposado, would be good in a margarita.
IMG_9094.jpeg

oh..following this!!

I was out yesterday so catching up on today and yesterday. Both huge disappointment's, nothing to say on either!
IMG_9107.jpeg

IMG_9108.jpeg

Knocked for 6 the last few days, so I have some Tequila catching up to do! It’s a work night, and I’m still not 100%, so I’m only choosing one to taste tonight.
Normally, celebrity tequila is shite, and Casamigos isn’t much different, but I’ve only ever had the blanco. The rep might be a little better.
View attachment 9229653

The Bad Stuff has a daft name, but I actually enjoyed the extra anejo from a few days ago. The blanco, however, isn’t rated highly on TM, so I’ll leave this one for now.
View attachment 9229654

The first mezcal. Not for tonight though.
View attachment 9229655

More celebrity hype, but an anejo.
View attachment 9229656

This one I know is garbage. This one probably won’t even make it into a marg.
View attachment 9229657

Ended up going with the Clooney Anejo. Not too bad. If I learnt anything by day 11, if you want a sipper, anejo or extra anejo is defitely worth the extra coin. They’d be crap in a margarita, but super smooth to sit and sip.
For celebrity tequila, casamigos isn’t bad. I do think it’s over priced for what it is, which is due to the name/owner, but it’s actually decent.

Entering the final week. Today is a reposado mezcal. A lot going on in this one, little of it good.
IMG_9110.jpeg

El Padrino. I see this a lot at Total Wine. I’ve never really considered it, but it’s ok. Probably better in a margarita as a sipper though. IMG_9112.jpeg

Was able to find and snag a bottle of Don Fulano. Very interested to see what this is like. G4 was good....but I probably wouldn't spend that money on it again. So far Tequila Ocho is my favorite for mid-higher end stuff.

Been a bit of a nightmare with my tequila advent calendar as I’ve been hit by this bug going round which has meant I’ve only really felt in the mood to drink about half the tequilas. Didn’t miss too much though, the ones I didn’t drink are standard herradura, hornitos and the like and will be used for margaritas later. Today was the last one,and as we are off out, I’ve opened it early and had a taste. Never heard of Alien, its super argave heavy with a nice after taste and no burn. Ridiculous price for a miniature, but cool bottle! Wondering what I get next year, gin hopefully! Cheers!
IMG_9139.jpeg

Up until the Grandaddy I had no idea that additives were put in tequila. Really ticked me off to find that out

Up until the Grandaddy I had no idea that additives were put in tequila. Really ticked me off to find that out

Not all tequilas 😉

I picked up a bottle of this at Total Wine, upon the recommendation of one of the employees. $74.99 with a $10 off coupon. We cracked it open New Years Eve and I must day it was pretty damn good. Additive free too.

artenom-seleccion-de-1146-anejo-2.jpg

I am drinking some Maestro Dobel Special Edition Anejo tequila that is barrel aged while I have a cigar and catch up on some THP.

IMG_9080.jpeg

Back