TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

Gave the 2h and 3h a go on the sim tonight. The 3h slotted gapped well after the 4h and has a good chance of knocking out the 5w.

Felt like I had to work pretty hard to get enough ball speed out of the 2h to go past the 3h, so it has more of an uphill battle to knock out the 3W.

Gave the 2h and 3h a go on the sim tonight. The 3h slotted gapped well after the 4h and has a good chance of knocking out the 5w.

Felt like I had to work pretty hard to get enough ball speed out of the 2h to go past the 3h, so it has more of an uphill battle to knock out the 3W.
Stock weight and loft setup?

Stock weight and loft setup?
4h and 5h are stock weight and loft. 3h is -1 loft and draw weights, 2h -1.5 and draw weights.

Still loving my 5h, and there is a huge bag battle at the moment between this and the FTx 5i. With the irons being that little bit hotter than the previous ones, the gapping is so much better from the 6i into this when lofted up and then slots beautifully alongside the Ltdx 4h. High and long, going to be a push to get this out of the bag I think.

The 3 utility has been removed from the bag for now. I have a month to dial this beast in!

06AD9101-1CDF-4427-AC90-B1C5344A6CFB.jpeg
F9009AFA-54A6-4D4B-BBEB-97F64F5874F7.jpeg
4376B06B-7639-442C-B9A0-ED9EB005B5B3.jpeg
92ED6668-7D8B-4B3F-9A49-6CC242480D49.jpeg

My go to for anything 220-235 when trouble lurks. So easy to hit off the tee. To me its a lot like hitting an iron.

Got the 4H into play on Monday night as I played a few holes. Hit a couple rockets off the tee. Too early to tell but I liked what I saw. The RDX Smoke Black seems like a good fit for me and all in all it is a heavier feel than my 2H LTDx.

The 3H has been a welcome edition to the bag. Haven't had much of a chance to hit it off the deck but lots of solid tee shots. Feel a lot more comfortable with it than the LTDx 5W and seems to be just as long. The 4H and 5H are in neutral weight and loft settings, and I have the 3H in -1 and the weights in draw to eek out a little extra distance while still having a neutral flight.

Was playing solo tonight and attempted a hero shot with the 5H and managed to pull it off. Had 195ish left on a par 5 but had an uphill sidehill lie, and was stymied by a tree that protects the green. Have a picture below and the SS pic but not sure if it will translate. Thought the lie might let me slice it around and/or over the tree. Flushed it and it mostly did just that, just clipping a couple leaves on the way down. Sunk the eagle putt from the fringe 😎 Between the 3 Tecs and the LTDx 6H I'm finding the performance of this generation of Cobra hybrids quite remarkable.

2790FEF3-E48C-4068-A781-9B2BD4859165.jpeg
BD0A7F71-514B-42ED-8BAE-48636B9861D0.jpeg
BE685D70-89FD-4EF5-BB3A-5BAE45E38541.jpeg

I’ve moved the weights into the heel setting and really happy with the touch more launch I’m getting.

The ability to dial this club in to this degree is pretty amazing.

12 rounds in the books with the 2, 3, & 4 hybrids. I was quickly impressed with these clubs, even jumping to say that the 2 was early front runner for my favorite in the Morgan Cup bag. That feeling has not faded at all! These clubs are so fun to hit and so easy.

The 2 has become my safety net off the tee. My driver swing has been a little iffy lately and I’m so happy I have this club to help me around the course. I’m averaging 62% fairways and 252yds with it. Some days I wonder why I even bring the driver with me. When I do need to back off a little, the 3 & 4 are just as effective averaging 57 and 55% respectively. The majority of are shots that end up going a little long through the fairway.

Off the deck the performance of these have been just as impressive. I feel comfortable now going after a green 220+ even if it’s a fairly tight shot. Before having these I wouldn’t go after a green that fat out unless I had a wide open landing area to accommodate my big two way miss. With the weights set in the draw bias, I can stand over the ball and feel comfortable that I will hit a straight or baby draw shot every time.

Several playing partners have seen me hitting these and were surprised that Cobra made such a good club. I think the only complaint I have is the dirt getting in the weights on the bottom of the club.

252 off the tee with a 2H and I’d be wondering why I carried a driver!

252 off the tee with a 2H and I’d be wondering why I carried a driver!
Unfortunately I’ve asked myself that far too many times lately. When it’s going good I know why but lately…ugh

Snuck 9 in after work today, and am very excited about the King Tec 4H. This has officially taken the spot of my 3 Utility and will be staying put. Couple highlights:

220ish out on a par 5 and hit an absolute beauty. Cut in and held well. Anytime there is an opportunity for an eagle putt it is a great day.
C7C59CFD-C100-480D-88CE-1FB64AD60B42.jpeg

The next hole is the toughest tee shot on the course. Super tight with OB right and plenty of woods left. Pulled the 4H after the nice shot on the par 5 and hit a nice 215 yard bullet and set up a par. This was a high pressure tee shot as my match with my friend was tight.
CF25B492-CC71-46EE-B25D-EF4728BA9AFF.jpeg
AFF5627F-F128-4F6D-A47B-9F450C53DA7C.jpeg

This remains the most under rated, least talked about great golf club on the market.

Seeing this thread makes me happy.

If you are someone who maybe could use a hybrid but haven’t gotten along with others it’s worth a read.

Seeing this thread makes me happy.

If you are someone who maybe could use a hybrid but haven’t gotten along with others it’s worth a read.
It really is... I kinda wish they made a 1H in this club head around a 15 degree with the adjustability and weights to adjust for swing. This club passed the CLK20 hybrid as my favorite hybrid of all time.

This remains the most under rated, least talked about great golf club on the market.
I couldn’t agree with this any more. You hit it right saying on the market not just Cobra club.

Playing in the Morgan Cup and practice rounds prior to, I don't think I hit a single bad shot with these all week, which can't be said for all of the other clubs in the bag

I’ve been shouting praises for the Cobra King Tec Hybrid lineup since I got them in June. This past weekend in the Morgan Cup, under pressure, they flat out delivered. Any time I absolutely had to hit a fairway in alt shot or singles I pulled the 2h and it delivered. If you haven’t hit one of these yet, you are missing out!

Borrowed @Scooby45's 2 and 3 today for our round. I don't know that I've ever hit a 2 hybrid before but my first swing was about 240 and majestic. Hit it 2 or 3 other times with great results. Hit the 3 once I believe and it was equally as good. I've struggled to find a hybrid I can hit anywhere near as well as I hit my M2 but if today was any indication I may have found it. Scooby was awesome and let me keep the 2 for some more testing this spring so I should know if it was beginners luck or the real deal by the time I need to order something

Borrowed @Scooby45's 2 and 3 today for our round. I don't know that I've ever hit a 2 hybrid before but my first swing was about 240 and majestic. Hit it 2 or 3 other times with great results. Hit the 3 once I believe and it was equally as good. I've struggled to find a hybrid I can hit anywhere near as well as I hit my M2 but if today was any indication I may have found it. Scooby was awesome and let me keep the 2 for some more testing this spring so I should know if it was beginners luck or the real deal by the time I need to order something
Come mid-march the 3 is yours to test with as well. Just need it for a little fun prior😉

You seemed to get along with it really well.

I’m bumping this in hopes someone can tell me if they have another one coming soon. I’ll settle for the zipped lips if that’s all I can get. 😀

Back