TESTED! Cobra KING Tec Hybrid Review

I only have one round with it in the bag and didn't get any hooks. I did get an very nice draw to pretty much the expected distance of the club. I have not changed weights or lofts. Not sure I am going to need to.

There has been so much talk about the Radspeed drivers and FWs, but I feel that this is such an under appreciated club. Is by far the best hybrid I've hit, looks perfect and goes forever. I'm not really seeing the fade bias that most are talking about, but then again I did move the weight to the heel so that's probably it. Off the tee, out of fairway bunkers, from rough and also bump and runs around the green. This club does everything, love it!

There has been so much talk about the Radspeed drivers and FWs, but I feel that this is such an under appreciated club. Is by far the best hybrid I've hit, looks perfect and goes forever. I'm not really seeing the fade bias that most are talking about, but then again I did move the weight to the heel so that's probably it. Off the tee, out of fairway bunkers, from rough and also bump and runs around the green. This club does everything, love it!
The heel shift definitely makes a difference. It might be the first hybrid I’ve worked with where I’ve seen such a legitimate change when moving the weights to be honest.

I’m with you in its such a good shape and look imo. But I much prefer this face shape in hybrids to the super squared off toe.

It’s a weapon!

The heel shift definitely makes a difference. It might be the first hybrid I’ve worked with where I’ve seen such a legitimate change when moving the weights to be honest.

I’m with you in its such a good shape and look imo. But I much prefer this face shape in hybrids to the super squared off toe.

It’s a weapon!
I completely agree with you there my man, I've always hated the squared off toe and actively avoided that shape. This one is the perfect shape for me and I love hitting it. Have had to loft it up to its full so that it gaps anywhere near right though, goes a good 10-15 yards further than I was expecting it to!

I completely agree with you there my man, I've always hated the squared off toe and actively avoided that shape. This one is the perfect shape for me and I love hitting it. Have had to loft it up to its full so that it gaps anywhere near right though, goes a good 10-15 yards further than I was expecting it to!
It’s LONG. Not quite Super Hybrid long, but it’s closer than people realize!

It’s LONG. Not quite Super Hybrid long, but it’s closer than people realize!
I hear you. The 5h lofted up as far as it goes is the same carry distance as my old Speedzone 4h set at 21 degrees. Although, the last few rounds I've mainly used it for knocking it out from under trees but that's a different story entirely :LOL:

I’ve hit a groove with this that is just insane. The looks are perfect, and the performance is getting damn close to that for me too. :love:

This thing is a beast! First shot was great and fell in love with it!

I actually think the more I hit this, the more it’s RIGHT on the Super Hybrids tail…

I actually think the more I hit this, the more it’s RIGHT on the Super Hybrids tail…
It’s a really fun club to hit

I’m a big fan of hybrids and this may be the easiest one to hit. I like the Radspeeds but can’t give the extra for distance because they spin and turn slightly left (not to bad) The King Tec just goes.

Looking back at the usage realized I was hugging the right side a little more than I‘d like. I moved the weight in the heel and what was arguably a slice turned into a baby fade yesterday. The adaptability is great.

Looking back at the usage realized I was hugging the right side a little more than I‘d like. I moved the weight in the heel and what was arguably a slice turned into a baby fade yesterday. The adaptability is great.
Had a swipey swing today but the heel move with the weight paid off. Had a swing that deserved the right rough but it held on just enough to find the fairway…

33C6DDB5-1751-4E8F-816A-82A6E688B2DD.jpeg

Plus the way I was hitting the driver today, odds are the driver would have ended up around here…the scallop on the snakebite wedges are great for tight lies but don’t think they can handle an asphalt lie 🤣

98459604-3162-4A6B-80F0-7716771FD250.jpeg

This and the C721 are the most under talked about hybrids on the planet right now. But this is the one that brings the most heat imo, and being so visually neutral to fade biased makes me a happy boy.

I’ve taken the weights back to neutral and it’s been really impressive. Add in the new LINQ hybrid shaft from UST and im eager to see what I can do with it in Vegas.

This and the C721 are the most under talked about hybrids on the planet right now. But this is the one that brings the most heat imo, and being so visually neutral to fade biased makes me a happy boy.

I’ve taken the weights back to neutral and it’s been really impressive. Add in the new LINQ hybrid shaft from UST and im eager to see what I can do with it in Vegas.
But the beauty with the weights and hosel is you can make it less fade biased if you need to (see example along the right side of the fairway above 😉)

But the beauty with the weights and hosel is you can make it less fade biased if you need to (see example along the right side of the fairway above 😉)
Yup, definitely something I’ve talked about and tinkered with, it’s effective, and simple. But, it still sets up a little open which won’t be for everyone.

As much as I believe the KING Tour irons are under talked about, this hybrid is even more so. This is an absolute CANNON.

Yup, definitely something I’ve talked about and tinkered with, it’s effective, and simple. But, it still sets up a little open which won’t be for everyone.
It's not for me I don't think, looking at that freaked me out like offset would freak out others haha

It's not for me I don't think, looking at that freaked me out like offset would freak out others haha
It’s definitely person to person, I look at this one and feel comfortable that I won’t hook it, put the standard Rad hybrid in my hand and I’m thinking fore left :LOL:

Last edited:
Back