Review TESTED! The Callaway MD CB Wedges

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great video and info! I wasn't necessarily close-minded about them but this makes me more open-minded and now want to get it a shot.

bmongi1

Reaction score
Handicap
Does the Ping Glide 3.0 fit between the full cavity backs and players styles?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Hacker Rod

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
Nice Job, @Canadan! I play a blade lob wedge for max versatility, but I'm very happy with my CBX gap and sand wedges. They'll be due for replacement in the spring, and it appears the MD CB deserves some consideration.

jvbart

Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks for posting I enjoyed that!

Is that carry distance about what you would expect from a bladed wedge in the same loft? I'm curious if these would cause any gapping issues if I went with a mixed set of cb and bladed wedges.

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great video Dan. If I was buying wedges (or playing golf regularly for that matter) these would be at the top of the list for me. Very good to see that there doesn’t appear to be any statistical trade off for the forgiveness these offer.

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Played these recently, 56 degree. First time I enjoyed the little green side pitches by choking down. The recent round featured three 60-80 yard fuller swings that were hit chunky, all of them ended up on the green-pretty impressed. I will say the graphite shaft is very light.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Played these recently, 56 degree. First time I enjoyed the little green side pitches by choking down. The recent round featured three 60-80 yard fuller swings that were hit chunky, all of them ended up on the green-pretty impressed. I will say the graphite shaft is very light.
I genuinely didn’t think much of the weight, as I found it balanced pretty well. But obviously everybody is different.

93civiccpe

Reaction score
Handicap
I can see a place for this in my bag. I mostly play full shots with my gap wedge so I like the extra forgiveness that the set GW typically provides. Now that I hit more pitches and chips with it this would give the forgiveness but also allow a choice of grinds which can actually help. I could see these in the GW / PW spots and potentially in the SW & LW as well.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see a place for this in my bag. I mostly play full shots with my gap wedge so I like the extra forgiveness that the set GW typically provides. Now that I hit more pitches and chips with it this would give the forgiveness but also allow a choice of grinds which can actually help. I could see these in the GW / PW spots and potentially in the SW & LW as well.
I think that is where they genuinely shine well. With the golfer that is looking for a bit more versatility than their set might offer, but a bit more forgiveness than a traditional wedge.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in