Thank you Callaway

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So not sure if anyone from Callaway will even read this but I just want to say thank you for making such a great club in their XHot fairway woods. I have a 5 wood and it has become my "Mr. Consistent do everything club". Over the past few rounds I have really got this thing dialed in and it has changed my confidence on the course.

Played 3 rounds of golf this weekend and used the club like crazy. I hit the ball 230 several times with it which is further than the current 3wood I have (it too will be an XHot soon). My ball flight is great and I just love hitting the club. The best part is that I have been able to hit 230 and then choke down the swing and use to hit 200. I have used it punch out and today we played in some good wind and I used it all day. My best shot today came on 18 a par 4 where the fairway runs out at 265. You then have to carry from the end of the fairway around 100 yards over water to a green that the water wraps back around so if you go long you're still in the water. Also the fairway is uphill from the tee box. So I pull out Mr. Consistent and bam right dead in the middle of the fairway. I am left with 175 to the flag. Normally I would just use a 5iron but with the wind and how high I hit the ball I new I would be risky with the flag only paces from the water. So once again I grab the 5wood and get ready to go for it.

My playing patterns are telling me know way I can pull it off. So I choke down and put a 1/2-3/4 swing on the ball and off it goes. Low under the wind right at the flag. The ball lands on the green with some action and rolls right past the cup and I am left with 7ft for birdie. Those guys did not know what to say. I went on to sink the putt.

Earlier in the round one of my buddies who hits the ball further than me was trying to get in my head about how he hits his clubs longer. So I challenged him to a 5wood shoot out. We dropped an extra ball and went at. I crushed by where his ball landed with easy.

Sorry for the long post but I feel great with this club in my hands. Thank you Callaway you have change my golf game. :clap:

Their fairway woods this year are really great! Can't wait to get mine.

Nice post Lynchburg

That's awesome! Callaway has definitely won me over with their whole X Hot line. I ended up getting a fairway (3) and hybrids (3i & 4i) in the xhot recently. Excellent clubs all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Their driver and fairway woods are far and away the winners this year. Congrats on your success!

Their driver and fairway woods are far and away the winners this year. Congrats on your success!

You forgot the Hybrids. They are perfection.

Great post buddy. When I read things like this, and the other reviews about Callaway Golf it makes me giggle really. This is the beginning of the 5 year war that they have set out on. Fast forward to year 5! Can you imagine how incredible things will be.....

Great post buddy. When I read things like this, and the other reviews about Callaway Golf it makes me giggle really. This is the beginning of the 5 year war that they have set out on. Fast forward to year 5! Can you imagine how incredible things will be.....

They are definitely headed in the right direction. I am in love with my clubs.

They are definitely headed in the right direction. I am in love with my clubs.

I am with you. I started this season with one Callaway club in my bag. I now only have 2 that aren't...and I may even switch to a Callaway ball.

I am with you. I started this season with one Callaway club in my bag. I now only have 2 that aren't...and I may even switch to a Callaway ball.

I did switch to a Callaway ball and I feel like they just explode off the club. I love all of their products. I also have two clubs that are not Callaway but with some side work lined up that soon will change.

Sounds like the Ultimate Club Testing is right up your alley.

Sounds like the Ultimate Club Testing is right up your alley.

I wanted to so bad but when the money is due is when we are on our family vacation so I will not have any money to spare.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Callaway fairways either.

Got to say how much I love this club one more time. I was crushing it again today and on a par 5 today I hit it 230 on the fly and had it stick just on the fringe. Loving Callaway.

Got to say how much I love this club one more time. I was crushing it again today and on a par 5 today I hit it 230 on the fly and had it stick just on the fringe. Loving Callaway.

I agree. Just bought my complete X Hot bag last week. I've played the past five days, some as much as 36 holes a day and I love everything about the line, driver, woods, hybrids and irons. All working great for me.

I agree. Just bought my complete X Hot bag last week. I've played the past five days, some as much as 36 holes a day and I love everything about the line, driver, woods, hybrids and irons. All working great for me.

Just purchased a complete X Hot bag for my wife. Yes sir, I did it for her for Mothers Day and she loves everything. I am hoping to start getting a few clubs for my bag. Just a matter of money.

Thanks for your review of the FW. I have a TM R11s 5W that I love, but I don't get the distance you see. I guess I'll have to give it a try.

Back