THANK YOU - From Team THP!

Great post One T. I can never find the right words but I couldn't say it enough.

wow, that was an incredible post JB! You say thank you to us but its so hard to express how thankful I really am that you and GG started THP.

I have a post coming later this week that might bring a tear to your eye...hehe

haha...great. Crying at my desk again. It didnt go over very well the first time.

Donated. All of the demos and testing opportunities are amazing.

When we started THP in 2008 people said there was no room for another golf site.
In 2010 we became the fastest growing site in regards to golf and the golf lifestyle on the internet for the year.
Despite all the testing, contests, and national outings we made ONE simple promise last year that can be summed up in a short phrase.

YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!

We started the newsletter, announced the Morgan Cup and tripled the amount of forum testing done with in the first 3 months of 2011.

We promise you guys that as long as you stick with us, we will stick with you and continue to make this the site what it is. Its about you guys. Its about the consumer. But most of all its about the Golf Lifestyle that we all love.

Everybody talks about growth and how with growth comes problems. Not at THP. Growth is a great thing and we have added more readers to this THP family each day for the last 500 days. And our promise is still the same as it was before. We will always be a tight knit community no matter how many members we have. We will always look to you guys for our feedback and our testers are forum members. And we will always bring new and creative ideas to the world of golf that have never been done before.

They said you cant do a demo day without sales reps.
They said you cant sponsor the every day golfer.
What is next? I guess we will all have to wait and see right? :act-up:

NONE OF THIS COULD BE DONE WITHOUT YOU! You guys are the reasons we do these things and because of that we say thanks.

JB, that is a two way street buddy...

When I stumbled onto The Hackers Paradise a year ago this week (I lurked for for a bit before I joined), I was in the process of being fit for my very first set of new golf clubs. I googled Mizuno MX200 reviews and the very first site that popped up was The Hackers Paradise review of the MX200s you did in May 2009

After reading several other reviews from very reputable sources, I realized that besides the review here not one other review pointed out both the positives and negatives of the club. A little more spelunking around the site and I was hooked.

Now a year later, THP feels like my family. Between the outings, the contests, the chance to be a tester, the opportunity to play in regional and sometimes remote gatherings with fellow THPers, the good nature of this forum (seriously, go check out the other forums folks, they can be darn right nasty and rife with snipping and nastiness towards posters) and the fun we have here, I can say THP saved my life in many ways (I'll explain to anyone who asks in a PM).

So, when I say I belong to the best golf forum on the planet, it is directly because of the atmosphere you and GolferGal have created here. It really is every single one of us who should be saying THANK YOU!!

Everybody at :thp: continue to amaze. Everybody at hq are amazing. I cannot imagine the stress in the office this afternoon. The runup to the Morgan Cup has been fantastic, and just another reason to love THP.

JB, that is a two way street buddy...

When I stumbled onto The Hackers Paradise a year ago this week (I lurked for for a bit before I joined), I was in the process of being fit for my very first set of new golf clubs. I googled Mizuno MX200 reviews and the very first site that popped up was The Hackers Paradise review of the MX200s you did in May 2009

After reading several other reviews from very reputable sources, I realized that besides the review here not one other review pointed out both the positives and negatives of the club. A little more spelunking around the site and I was hooked.

Now a year later, THP feels like my family. Between the outings, the contests, the chance to be a tester, the opportunity to play in regional and sometimes remote gatherings with fellow THPers, the good nature of this forum (seriously, go check out the other forums folks, they can be darn right nasty and rife with snipping and nastiness towards posters) and the fun we have here, I can say THP saved my life in many ways (I'll explain to anyone who asks in a PM).

So, when I say I belong to the best golf forum on the planet, it is directly because of the atmosphere you and GolferGal have created here. It really is every single one of us who should be saying THANK YOU!!

Very well put MaryC. We all totally agree with you... THANKS JB AND GG you guys are the best, soon this site will be more popular than facebook!!! Who will play JB and GG in THP the movie???

When we started THP in 2008 people said there was no room for another golf site.
In 2010 we became the fastest growing site in regards to golf and the golf lifestyle on the internet for the year.
Despite all the testing, contests, and national outings we made ONE simple promise last year that can be summed up in a short phrase.

YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET!

We started the newsletter, announced the Morgan Cup and tripled the amount of forum testing done with in the first 3 months of 2011.

We promise you guys that as long as you stick with us, we will stick with you and continue to make this the site what it is. Its about you guys. Its about the consumer. But most of all its about the Golf Lifestyle that we all love.

Everybody talks about growth and how with growth comes problems. Not at THP. Growth is a great thing and we have added more readers to this THP family each day for the last 500 days. And our promise is still the same as it was before. We will always be a tight knit community no matter how many members we have. We will always look to you guys for our feedback and our testers are forum members. And we will always bring new and creative ideas to the world of golf that have never been done before.

They said you cant do a demo day without sales reps.
They said you cant sponsor the every day golfer.
What is next? I guess we will all have to wait and see right? :act-up:

NONE OF THIS COULD BE DONE WITHOUT YOU! You guys are the reasons we do these things and because of that we say thanks.

I think you guys have done the best job possible to establish a atmosphere in the forums where we can feel free to express how we feel, yet keep it civil. That is not true of most forums. We see very little heavy handed moderation here because of this atmosphere. This forum seems to almost take care of itself to a large degree and that is a reflection of its members and leadership.
Everyone has a bad day now and then and we are all guilty of the old foot in mouth disease from time to time, but almost everyone here knows how and when to respect the opinions of others and know when to turn the other way. That is a direct reflection on the leaders we have here. It just keeps getting better all the time.
Thank you!

Love to see post like that, JB. THP baby. ALL DAY.

Great post JB, and I feel lucky everyday I log on to THP that I stumbled across this site. The people are amazing and that is due solely to the tone set on the site by you JB, GG, TC, Smalls, P4B and all of the other long standing mods and active members. I can only say thank you to you for not listening to anyone in the beginning and continuing to do your own thing.

I will be loyal to this site as long as it's here. The awesomeness starts at the top and funnels all the way down to the members. This is the most amazing site and group of people w/ a common interest that I've ever seen, and I hope to forge friendships with you all in the future.

Tap before talk.

Thank you all for those kind words.

Great post JB, and your story Mary is like a mirror image of mine. It may sound fruitless a day after being selected for something huge but the ones I have sent PM's to thanking them previously know, this place is amazing. There isn't anywhere else where you can find the unbiased opinion on anything, and where people are so willing to help out with just about anything.

I want to once again thank all that have taken the time to donate to THP. Because of you guys, this site is still the best out there.

Easily the best online forum I've been a part of. Cheers JB and GG.

Just a bump so the new folks can be aware of one way to help out this wonderful site. I know it is late in the year, but some of them may be unaware of the Donate tab at the top of the page.

Back