Thank you Manuel de la Torre!

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought his book on Kindle Tuesday after stumbling across his YouTube videos. Sounded so simple, made so much sense. No more focusing on anything but a circular swing. No more thoughts on hip turn, weight shift, rotation, pull with this or that.

I have so many different swing methods I’ve used….my Hogan method, Nicklaus method, Stack and Tilt, Ballard, Flick. Sometimes they work, then go south and I switch to another one.

After reading his book I decided to play 18 with my buddy today and only use his method regardless how good or bad it went. Well, I hit 13 out of 14 fairways! Unheard of for me! I was ecstatic! I never draw the ball, until today! At least half were soft draws! My buddy was amazed. Said you have never been so smooth. Long irons were wonderful. Only hiccup was with full 8,9 irons drawing too much if I swung too fast.

I am thrilled. Mentally, it is so refreshing to not have a million agonizing different swing thoughts. I’m usually hyper focused on this or that. I felt refreshed all day without a care.

Congrats on finding something that works for you.

Well, I’m still using the MDLT method with great success.

When I was younger, I used the now popular body swing method but now coming back to Golf at age 68 …the body cannot produce that swing anymore!

Agree that his book is a gem.

When I was younger, I used the now popular body swing method but now coming back to Golf at age 68 …the body cannot produce that swing anymore!

There's a lot to be said about aging and staying in one spot to accomplish some work instead of moving all over the joint, whether it be in a rocking chair on the porch, or swinging a club.

IMG_0100.jpg

Here are my notes on his swing concept on my phone:
IMG_1957.pngIMG_1958.png

Here are my notes on his swing concept on my phone:
View attachment 9219615View attachment 9219616
That is one heck of a laundry list
Ice Hockey Wow GIF by NHL

Bought his book on Kindle Tuesday after stumbling across his YouTube videos. Sounded so simple, made so much sense. No more focusing on anything but a circular swing. No more thoughts on hip turn, weight shift, rotation, pull with this or that.

I have so many different swing methods I’ve used….my Hogan method, Nicklaus method, Stack and Tilt, Ballard, Flick. Sometimes they work, then go south and I switch to another one.

After reading his book I decided to play 18 with my buddy today and only use his method regardless how good or bad it went. Well, I hit 13 out of 14 fairways! Unheard of for me! I was ecstatic! I never draw the ball, until today! At least half were soft draws! My buddy was amazed. Said you have never been so smooth. Long irons were wonderful. Only hiccup was with full 8,9 irons drawing too much if I swung too fast.

I am thrilled. Mentally, it is so refreshing to not have a million agonizing different swing thoughts. I’m usually hyper focused on this or that. I felt refreshed all day without a care.
My golf instructor was a follower of de la Torre. Manual was taught by his dad who was also a (sometimes) fan of Earnest Jones and his "Swing the Club Head" method.

I've used pretty much the same golf swing for the past few decades. A few changes here there, but always the basics.

I'm 68 as well and can't do the lower body swing method anymore due to back issues (a broken bone two years ago and a compression fracture last November). The lower body swing puts a lot of pressure on the lower spine. I've tried the MDLT method, but haven't had any success with it.

It is a good book!

Shortly before I retired I took a few lessons from a pro that had been teaching this method. Helped me too.

Back