Thanksgiving Menu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, we will be doing a Thanksgiving contest again, so stay tuned for that, but this is about the menu. What is on your menu for Thanksgiving? Anything new you are trying?

One of my favorite threads of the year. I love the pics of the feasts being prepared.

We as usual will be going with Michelle's Mom to Fort Meade Officers club for its buffet. It's a way we both can remember our fathers who were officers in the Air Force. They both loved everything to do with the "O Club" oh yeah, the food is pretty darn good as well

I am just starting the menu but I know we are going to have roasted turkey with truffle butter and bacon Mac n cheese

I am just starting the menu but I know we are going to have roasted turkey with truffle butter and bacon Mac n cheese

Is the truffle too strong for the turkey?

Sounds interesting though.

Is the truffle too strong for the turkey?

Sounds interesting though.

Not at all, very mild taste. Actually will start try out the butter on a roast chicken

You had me at bacon Mac-n-cheese!

You had me at bacon Mac-n-cheese!

JB got me hooked when we chatted this past weekend. Talked about truffle bacon Mac n cheese. I'm drooling now!!!

JB got me hooked when we chatted this past weekend. Talked about truffle bacon Mac n cheese. I'm drooling now!!!

Truffle bacon Mac n cheese might need to make it on the menu at my house. If I'm the only person eating it all the better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're trying a new tradition in terms of the day, Thanksgiving Eve, and I'm sure between my mom, sister and I will have a few new dishes to try! I guess I should talk to the wife and see what we are making!!!

As long as my mom's Cheesy Potatoes are on the menu, I don't care about the rest!

But we'll be having it with my brother in laws family this year, so who knows what's on the menu. They are Lithuanian, so lets just hope it's edible. lotta fish stuff

I put the majority of my menu together this afternoon, but I am going to try 2 different potato recipes this weekend to decide which one I want to make fur Thanksgiving.

We're traveling to Thanksgiving this year, so won't be putting the whole menu together, just bringing some food. Not sure what yet, but bookmarking this thread, I'm sure there will be some great ideas in here.

I'm going to need that truffle bacon mac and cheese recipe

Thanksgiving prep goes into full effect this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the usual restaurant fare. My dad and stepfamily moved their dinner time from late afternoon to 1:00 and we're going out this year. That also means that I won't be able to have two dinners since mom and the rest of family eat at 12:00.

I feel like I should skip out on both of them and head to Panda's for truffle bacon mac & cheese.

We are meeting some friends from Oak Ridge, NC in Nashville for Thanksgiving. We'll be getting a suite with a kitchen and making a traditional meal.

Not sure where thanksgiving will be this year but excited for it and this thread

Not sure, we're going to a family member's house. Maybe I'll make a side if I'm bored.

We are hosting for the first time ever.

Smoked turkey
apple pie
sweet potatoes
cheeseball
mini pumpkin pies
cheesecake
pumpkin cake
stuffing
mac & cheese
mashed potatoes

And more still.....TBD.

Oh...and vodka. Hell yes....vodka.

We do the traditional Thanksgiving

Roasted Turkey
Mashed taters
Glazed carrots
Stuffing (old family recipe)
Yams
Gravy (lots of gravy)
Green beans
Creamed little onions
pickles and olives
rolls
3 or 4 different pies
spiced (see spiced rum) eggnog

Have some friends coming up from Barbados to experience their 1st Thanksgiving, it should fun to see how they handle the excessive food, football and drinks. then wait 3-4 hours and do it again.

We are hosting for the first time ever.

Smoked turkey
apple pie
sweet potatoes
cheeseball
mini pumpkin pies
cheesecake
pumpkin cake
stuffing
mac & cheese
mashed potatoes

And more still.....TBD.

Oh...and vodka. Hell yes....vodka.

I can't speak high enough of the smoked turkey over the roasted turkey and the vodka is a nice touch.

Agreed on the smoked turkey, we did it last year and will be doing it again this year, it's SO much better!

Our tentative menu:

Smoked Turkey
Carmalized Onion, bacon and Guyere dip
Green Bean Casserole (homemade with real green beans, nothing from a can)
Cornbread Stuffing with Apple, Sage, and Sausage
Mac & Cheese (made with several cheeses including Gouda and Cheddar)
Corn Casserole
Either Truffle Scalloped Potatoes or Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (we will cook both this weekend to decide)
Sweet Potato Souffle (this is my first year making it, so we will see how that goes)
Cheddar Bay Biscuits (homemade)
Cheddar Cheese Rosemary Bread (homemade)
And 3 different pies (my mom is responsible for the dessert)

Haven't really thought about it much, but there will be smoked turkey, and some smoked Venison also

We're actually going to do turkey breasts this year instead of the whole bird. Every year we end up with way too much left over, and having to toss some out. We don't have a huge gathering, maybe 8-9 people, so even a small bird ends up giving us a lot of leftovers.

Aside from that, I don't think we'll be doing much new. As long as there's apple pie for dessert, I'm good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back