Thanksgiving Menu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're actually going to do turkey breasts this year instead of the whole bird. Every year we end up with way too much left over, and having to toss some out. We don't have a huge gathering, maybe 8-9 people, so even a small bird ends up giving us a lot of leftovers.

Aside from that, I don't think we'll be doing much new. As long as there's apple pie for dessert, I'm good!

We are actually just doing the breast too. No one in our family eats dark meat so it always gets thrown away.

We are actually just doing the breast too. No one in our family eats dark meat so it always gets thrown away.
Make the entire thing, I'll take all the dark meat :) oh wait that doesn't sound right...

Make the entire thing, I'll take all the dark meat :) oh wait that doesn't sound right...

Haha! That's the beautiful thing about smoking it, even though we aren't using the dark meat, the breast doesn't dry out because it's low and slow and amazing.

but the real thanksgiving was last month....

:ImJustKiddingAlienFace:

Talking with the wife it looks like we'll have this as a tentative menu

-Fried Turkey
-Turducken
-Ham
-homemade Mac&Cheese
-mashed potatoes
-diced roasted potatoes with rosemary
-andouille sausage stuffing
-gravy (and lots of it)
-Green bean casserole
-biscuits
-tamales
-strawberry cheesecake (mine)
-apple pie
-pecan pie
-chocolate turtle pie
-Gin,Gin & more Gin

I always love this contest and see others Turkey Day feasts.

For us just the two of us but we still do well!

Turkey with stuffing.
Mashed potatoes
Cheesy Bacon potatoes
Veggies
Salad
Dinner rolls

For snacks we'll have
Dried Beef Dip
Cheese & Crackers

Dessert
Apple pie
Chocolate pie
Cookies

I'm sure I'm missing stuff too. Not bad for 2 people!

One of my favorite threads of the year. Wife and I will be hosting this year and I am already kinda nervous about it. I need to do a little research haha

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Caserole
Jalapeno Cranberry Cheese Dip

We have some family in town next week and are going to celebrate early. I think we are doing the dinner next Sat.

Haven't really thought about it much, but there will be smoked turkey, and some smoked Venison also
What time and where is dinner?

For those of you making stuffing, do you use the gizzard and stuff in your stuffing? My aunt does and you can't taste it but my wife and cousins won't eat it because they know it's in it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Looks like we'll be having two dinners this year. First at my sisters place. She hosts it every year we're in SC. Second is back home ... we have a lot of international friends, and we'll be going there for a lot of - mostly - Indian food. Should be a great time. Not sure what we'll specifically be contributing to either meal. Time to start planning I suppose.

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Caserole
Jalapeno Cranberry Cheese Dip

We have some family in town next week and are going to celebrate early. I think we are doing the dinner next Sat.

Oh yeah? This sounds amazing, I might need the recipe for this one.

Haven't really thought about it much, but there will be smoked turkey, and some smoked Venison also
Pending how the first week of shot gun season goes we may have some venison as well with the turkey.

The drink menu for me will be Dr. Pepper and Jim Beam maple. Can't get enough lately.

The drink menu for me will be Dr. Pepper and Jim Beam maple. Can't get enough lately.
I haven't had the Jim Beam Maple but the Knob Creek Smoked Maple is delicious! Might have to try it with a Dr. Pepper!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First time in forever I don't know where I will be having thanksgiving. Parents will be gone for the week. So could just be me

I've been informed I'm making my chicken and dumplings that are from scratch....and I'm ok with that.

Turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed, green beans with almonds
Korean ribs, rice, seaweed, kimchi
And lots of liquor

Love this time of year as we get the best of both worlds.

Nothing new. I will be smoking two turkeys this year, we will have quite a lot of people coming over. Last year we did two turkeys as well, one on my smoker and my gf used Alton Brown's recipe in the oven. Both turned out good but everyone said they preferred the smoked over the oven baked turkey. Obviously we will have mashed potatoes and gravy and dressing and apple and pumpkin pie for dessert. I'm sure we will have some green stuff as well which I will have but give me turkey, potatoes and dressing and I am a very happy man.

I will get to use my Cyber Q controller for just the second time. I loved it the first time I used it and that was just for ribs so I didn't use the meat probes.

Going to smoke a turkey and a prime rib this year.

Not sure on the sides yet, I usually leave that to my sister and mom.

OH! Garlic cream cheese mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness so insanely good.

I've been informed I'm making my chicken and dumplings that are from scratch....and I'm ok with that.

Because they are effing amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to smoke a turkey and a prime rib this year.

Not sure on the sides yet, I usually leave that to my sister and mom.

Prime rib is what I smoke for Christmas. Did that one year my Mom wasn't cooking. My Mom makes a great prime rib but mine was even better. The end slices were the same as the middle.

Just made a trial run of Sangria. Like what it is looking like and in about 6 hours, I will know how close we are for Turkey Day.

Just made a trial run of Sangria. Like what it is looking like and in about 6 hours, I will know how close we are for Turkey Day.

You had me at Sangria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back