That Bird Stole My Ball!!

gillesam

Gleddoch's Mr 22%
Reaction score
Handicap
On Tuesday while playing with my Dad something happened to me for the first time. We were walking up the 10th hole which has a fairly steep hill. We were about 20-30 yards short of my ball on the fairway, the first of the day but I blame the frozen ground for that, when a crow swooped down and picked my ball up in it's beak.

It flew all the way down the fairway, over the 9th green and disappeared with the ball still in it's beak and us shouting at it!! I have heard of this happening on other courses and seen the odd one on TV but I have never witnessed this or heard of it happening at our course before.

So, did you give yourself a birdie or eagle on the hole? :)

sounds like a birdie to me <wakka wakka wakka>

That is insane. I think I would have died laughing had that happened to me.

I had a squirrel knock my ball down a hill on the fairway once. I tried to be mad, but I just couldn't get over the coolness.

We were playing last summer and a squirrel stole my playing partners PBJ sandwich out of the golf cart. Funniest thing I ever saw

Stupid Titleist elitists

A fox stole my playing partners ball during a company tourney a couple of years ago. After replacing a ball as close as possible to where the original ball was "stolen" by the outside agent, we continued playing the hole. While standing on the elevated green, our foursome looked back to watch the following party tee off. The fox came running from the woods, just to steal another ball. In all four balls where reported stolen during the tourney (6 foursomes). Apparently this had happened a couple of times before at the course we played.( Emmaboda GK, a course in southern Sweden. Btw Vijay Singh is a member of that club and I believe his coach is the local pro there. At least he used to be when Vijay was playing the Swedish tour)

I saw that happen on TV once, but never heard of it happening otherwise. Priceless.

If only that crow could be trained to drop the ball on the green...

That's insane. At my course we get a lot of birds interested in your ball after you hit it and they will occasionally bump it but they have never taken off with it.

This happens with foxes all the time on our course. In fact the last time it happened to my wife, her ball was in the middle of the fairway, a fox runs out, takes the ball, runs towards the woods. It stops short of the woods, spits out the ball, and promptly pees on it.

Needless to say, we left it there. :). I bet someone was like "score!! A new Callaway". Hahahah

This happens with foxes all the time on our course. In fact the last time it happened to my wife, her ball was in the middle of the fairway, a fox runs out, takes the ball, runs towards the woods. It stops short of the woods, spits out the ball, and promptly pees on it.

Needless to say, we left it there. :). I bet someone was like "score a new Callaway". Hahahah

Thing looks like it's barely been hit! haha

Needless to say, we left it there. :). I bet someone was like "score!! A new Callaway". Hahahah

Heck, it had already been cleaned.

Thats hilarious..

Wow that's pretty funny. I've never seen that happen or heard of it happening.

That's a big crow! A hungry crow.
I always knew crows were just plain old mean!
Hope it wasn't a new top-of-the-line golf ball.:banghead:

I played the Las Vegas National Golf Club last summer and as we were teeing off on hole #7 or 8, the Marshall drives up and tells us to stay clear of the left side of the fairway, because there's a cat the runs out and steals peoples balls. Sure enough, my girlfriend hits her drive up the left side and the cat ran out and took it. We thought it was hilarious - especially the fact that it happens all the time. I wonder if the cat takes the balls back to the pro shop in exchange for treats or something. I have no clue what use a cat would have for a bunch of golf balls.

That's pretty funny...sort of. :D

My wife had that happen earlier this year...she was barely on the green when a Seagull started messing with her ball. Picked it up and dropped it a bit closer to the hole. As we were walking up, it picked the ball up, and dropped it in the middle of the pond. She quit laughing at that point.

That is hilarious. I'd be pissed at first if it was a good ball, but the story makes it worth it.

That's good luck in Haiti.

I have never seen an animal take a ball, but I have hit a couple close enough to snakes that they got to keep it.

Had a crow land on the back of my cart and he took my buddies head cover. Dropped it about 30 yards down the course. I have never laughed so hard.

Never know what your going to read on THP like this story.

Back