That Bird Stole My Ball!!

I've had a few funny experiences with animals:

17th hole and my friend is on his way to his best round ever at 5 over. He has a 30 foot putt for eagle, and he lets it roll. Half way through the putt (which looked like it was going in) a pile of bird poop landed right in his line and stopped the ball after trolling a few inches through it. Since this was a handicap round, he wasn't just gonna drop another ball. He said wiping off that ball and using it again was the grossest thing he ever did. 2 more putts for a bogey and he finished 6 over.

In Florida last Christmas I shanked a 7-wood shot really bad and it hit a heron in the head and it lay there for 2 mins or so before shaking around and limping to the pond. Sorry birdie!

Goose decided to lay right on a guy's ball one time and didn't want to move. I didn't know the guy. just saw him on another hole.

Never have I seen anything stolen by an animal though :)

It was the closest I came to a birdie all day!! At first we started shouting at to try and get it to drop the ball before laughing and shaking our heads as it kept flying away from us.

We went into the pro shop after we finished to "complain" to the pro as we know him quite well and he found it hilarious as well.

I played the Las Vegas National Golf Club last summer and as we were teeing off on hole #7 or 8, the Marshall drives up and tells us to stay clear of the left side of the fairway, because there's a cat the runs out and steals peoples balls. Sure enough, my girlfriend hits her drive up the left side and the cat ran out and took it. We thought it was hilarious - especially the fact that it happens all the time. I wonder if the cat takes the balls back to the pro shop in exchange for treats or something. I have no clue what use a cat would have for a bunch of golf balls.

too funny

Back