That one hole that really kept you from having a great round

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I was having a pretty good round on Thursday, six over on the front, and 1 over on the back through 12 and on my way to my best round of the year if I could finally have a decent back nine on my home course. 13 is a par three that I hit it short of the green, chipped it past the fringe up on the hill, chutted on long and two putted for a double. Seemed like the crappy back nine was on again. But on the next five holes I went par-bogey-birdie-bogey-par for a 39 on the back and ended up with an 80. The double didn't derail the round as it could have, but it kept me from breaking 80. It's coming though.

Today, we played the back nine first and for the second round in a row, I had a good back nine. 39, with three pars to start and two pars to finish the nine, with four straight bogeys in between. On the front I started with three straight pars, a bogey, a par and a bogey. Not bad for this guy, two over through six holes. #7 got me though, after a good drive, I shorted an approach and then put my third short of the bunker in front of the green. Pitched on in four but three putted for a triple. Finished with two bogeys, but the triple is what killed me. Ended up with a 42 on the front nine which gave me an 81.

Jacqui and I are going to try to play tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get over that hump. It's getting closer though, only one hole in each of my last two rounds where I scored worse than a bogey.

Played the front nine with my wife last week. Shot a 42 which included an 8 on the par 5 seven. Playing 18 on the same course tomorrow. Gonna approach that one differently

I'm a fairly new golfer and I always seem to have that one hole that ruins a decent game, lol. I got to play 9 holes a couple weeks ago and it would have been the best 9 I've had so far, but I took a 10 on a par 4......sweet. I ended the round at 49. Not bad by my standards, but would have been much better if I wouldn't have choked on that one hole. I couldn't chip on to that green for a million dollars, lol

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

We'll see how tomorrow goes. We'll be playing 18 and I'm trying some new irons, and will not be using a driver. It'll be interesting to see how I do this time

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Shotgun start on #2 yesterday in 40 man tourney. 5 over through nine with three 3 putt bogeys. Then played the back 1 over par. Great nine holes for this 14 capper. But still had to play #1, a 535 yard Par 5. Proceeded to make a
triple bogey 8 (2 bunkers). Still shot 81 (44-37) but choked pretty bad. Good news is I still won Net Flight.

Awesome round! Getting close and its just the beginning of the year!

Awesome round! Getting close and its just the beginning of the year!

Thanks, Nate. Iron play is coming around. Woods and driver keeps improving. Today I decided to play my fade on all clubs and not try to draw it (did the left thumb on top of the grip trick) and except for a few shots, it did pretty much what I wanted it to.

I was on pace for what likely would have been a personal best and my first time to ever break 100. Number 14 was a long par 5. I sliced my drive and my second shot and ended up needing to cross about 40 yards of water to get where I needed to be. I proceeded to put 8 straight balls in the water and recorded a 23 on the hole.

I was on pace for what likely would have been a personal best and my first time to ever break 100. Number 14 was a long par 5. I sliced my drive and my second shot and ended up needing to cross about 40 yards of water to get where I needed to be. I proceeded to put 8 straight balls in the water and recorded a 23 on the hole.

You could use this thread for this one!
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...orst-Hole-of-the-Day-DOUBLE-PAR-OR-WORSE-ONLY!!! I post there more than I care to!

Kutos for finishing it out! A lot of people would have given up after 2 or 3. With a never say attitude like that you will breaking 100 in no time!

Last fall I had a shot for a pb on my home course. I was playing great and was 4 over going into 18. Our closing hole is uphill with a massive three tier green that is 50 yards and probably 15 feet in height from front to back. The pin was in the back and I hit my second into a green side banker that is guarding the back tier as its a dogleg left. The ball ends up buried in the face and I have an awkward stance with one foot three feet above the other. I end up hitting the ball clean and it flys into the top tier of our swimming complex while a swim meet was being held on the bottom one. Needless to say I didn't even finish the hole, just raked the trap and high taled out of there. Bad thing was a bogey would have gotten me my pb on the course.

Last year I was playing really well at the River Course at Virginia Tech, on track to possibly break 80...and then on 17 (a par 3) I came up a little short on my tee ball. Then I proceed to blade the chip over the green and take a penalty, and end up with a triple. I was then rattled and doubled the last hole too.

Argh it still grinds my gears!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That one hole that really kept you from having a great round

I wish it would only be "one"..... but I do know what ya mean.

I was having (not great but good) round yesterday and then blew up on 17th par5 and actually just picked it up because it got that very bad. I can only score a 7 anyway and it just got that terrible.

Was chipping and playing bunkers very well all day. So on 17 I attempt a pitch over a bunker (don't his a few times already too) but I chunked it into it. At first no biggie right? wrong...Then hit the wall and back in again, then barely get out now on the hill and chunk another 2 feet, then slap one to the friggin bunker on the other darn side of the green, 2 more in there and then out of frustration just turned sideways faced away from everyone and sent a full stroke into the woods. The group was hysterical. The only saving grace was that I pared the 18th :)

Back