That round that keeps you coming back…

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Last round was over a month ago. Played terrible, shot around 100. Couldn’t find a fairway, putting was awful, short game non-existent.

Went out yesterday, not much of a warmup, couple of new clubs in the bag including a Rad Xd driver, and was ON FIRE! Hitting fairways, short game on point, putting was about as good as it gets for me.

Only played 9, and shot 42. 4 pars, and 2 doubles. Rest were bogeys. No blow up holes… (I don’t consider a double a blowup, lol)

I haven’t shot a 42 since I was 18 (started golfing again just over a year ago after 20 years off…)

Golf is definitely like that for me, one of the reasons I love it I guess.

Last round was over a month ago. Played terrible, shot around 100. Couldn’t find a fairway, putting was awful, short game non-existent.

Went out yesterday, not much of a warmup, couple of new clubs in the bag including a Rad Xd driver, and was ON FIRE! Hitting fairways, short game on point, putting was about as good as it gets for me.

Only played 9, and shot 42. 4 pars, and 2 doubles. Rest were bogeys. No blow up holes… (I don’t consider a double a blowup, lol)

I haven’t shot a 42 since I was 18 (started golfing again just over a year ago after 20 years off…)

Golf is definitely like that for me, one of the reasons I love it I guess.
Excellent!

Love those rounds, man. I had a similar one yesterday. I played on Saturday and was disappointed with yet another 94. I played again yesterday at a par 63 executive course that only has 5 par 4s and 2 par 5s (all the rest par 3s that range from 200 to 135 yards). Managed to card a 78, but that was really the least important part of the round. I shot 8 pars and of those 8 pars I got up and down 6 times with one chip in and a 30 foot bomb. The 4 doubles and 1 triple were heartbreakers and, to be honest, I have a tendency to focus on those rather than the positives.

I didn't do that yesterday. I walked off the course for the first time in a long time with a smile knowing I did a lot of really good things that day. Can't wait to tee it up again.

Nice job, Isn't it great when it comes together?

Today was that day!
45 + 42 = PB
Didn't putt that good but only 1- 3 jack.
I am sure tomorrow will be a different story.

And just like that Golf just sucks you right back in. Love those type of rounds, downside is the following rounds seem like a let down a little bit unfortunately. Keep up the good play.

And just like that Golf just sucks you right back in. Love those type of rounds, downside is the following rounds seem like a let down a little bit unfortunately. Keep up the good play.
I shot a 76 on Friday and followed it up with a 90 on Saturday, I feel your pain. Same course, same tees, same pin positions and weather conditions, but it was like two completely different golfers.

I shot a 76 on Friday and followed it up with a 90 on Saturday, I feel your pain. Same course, same tees, same pin positions and weather conditions, but it was like two completely different golfers.
I've been there more than I can count this season lol

I was talking about this exact thing with my brother tonight! I got him out on the course for the first time in a year and he hit a beauty shot - 9i from 146 yards to within 5 feet of the pin. He said right then and there he understood why I golf so much.

Back