The 100 Putt Challenge

Bryson with a lot of layup/punch outs.

Very similar to my game.

Got my 100 in for the day. Realized that I need to change my putter grip. The feel is so much better for me on an older pistol grip from Golf Pride, vs the Superstroke Flatso I've been using. New putter grip on the way!

Getting my putts in again today. Realized how much my eyes stray on the backswing. Really need to do focus on a spot on the ball and I seem to be much more consistent with my stroke.

Here is the new putter grip I got. Cant wait to get it on and try it out.

20201117_080653.jpg

Continuing to get lots of putts in on the mat. Anyone else out there doing the same?

My Truline green is right behind my office chair, roll putts everyday, prob not 100 of them pd but quite a few. Think it is paying off.

Waiting to see if Exputt does anything for a Black Friday sale... Need to have a way to work on speed control and lag putting indoors this winter. 100 putts on that thing will be a lot more interesting then rolling balls down a yard stick.

Waiting to see if Exputt does anything for a Black Friday sale... Need to have a way to work on speed control and lag putting indoors this winter. 100 putts on that thing will be a lot more interesting then rolling balls down a yard stick.
Haha I did the yard stick a bit last year before getting a mat. So much easier to get putts in now.

Another good day, and a very good week overall getting putts in. Hoping the distance control helps me lower putts per round next year. First steps on a long journey.

Haha I did the yard stick a bit last year before getting a mat. So much easier to get putts in now.
I use the yard stick on top of my mat. The 6 foot Putt Out mat is too short to provide any challenge. Especially with the grooves that funnel the ball into the hole.

So much snow. Not enough putts.

Glad I opted to get a putting mat at home while my office is still closed. I can even get some short chipping in. Putts have been feeling much better after a few months.

Zero putts in. This is the most difficult part of the 100 putt challenge.
FD534CAC-71AC-487F-BF6D-96CF7B6ACEE7.jpeg

Managed to get in 200 putts today!

asdffds.jpg

I got a bunch in between meetings but didn't keep count..i need to jump back in and make sure I'm getting at least 100 in

Got quite a bit more than 100 in today. The battle between the Seattle and the Chicago continues to rage here at home

What mat did you end up with?

What mat did you end up with?
I settled on the Putt out mat. It's good for the most part, but I do have to vacuum from time to time to keep it from getting a groove.

I got my PuttOut and my Well Putt mat back from my FIL and started practicing again.

One: I’m loving the PuttOut! absolutely loving this trainer.
Two: I’m not sure I’m doing 100 each day, but I’m definitely spending a fair amount of time, and I feel like the putting stroke is getting really solid. From 6 feet it seems like I’m making 90%+, and I’m getting the ball to stick in the micro hole a lot more often than before - maybe 1 in 10 from 6 feet or longer.

I have to believe this is gonna help a ton once I get outside

I got my PuttOut and my Well Putt mat back from my FIL and started practicing again.

One: I’m loving the PuttOut! absolutely loving this trainer.
Two: I’m not sure I’m doing 100 each day, but I’m definitely spending a fair amount of time, and I feel like the putting stroke is getting really solid. From 6 feet it seems like I’m making 90%+, and I’m getting the ball to stick in the micro hole a lot more often than before - maybe 1 in 10 from 6 feet or longer.

I have to believe this is gonna help a ton once I get outside
Glad to hear. The trainer for me is a lot of fun. I like to see how many putts it takes me to get one into the micro hole from each spot, 1-6 feet. Makes it a bit more interesting, and a challenge, thus I'm more engaged instead of just going thru the motions.

Glad to hear. The trainer for me is a lot of fun. I like to see how many putts it takes me to get one into the micro hole from each spot, 1-6 feet. Makes it a bit more interesting, and a challenge, thus I'm more engaged instead of just going thru the motions.

I agree. What I'm noticing is I seem to focus better if I'm aiming for that tiny target & hitting it at the right speed. I can almost feel when it's going to stick in the hole as soon as I hit it.

I think the other benefit for me of doing this kind of putting practice is training my eyes to be "quiet". I can't remember who did the research, but Martin Hall did a whole show about this, and the researchers put glasses on athletes that measured their eye movements while playing (putting & free throws I remember, probably other stuff too).

Those who were the best had very little eye movement, but those who were bad had eyes that were moving all over the place. So I try to focus on s single dimple on the back of the ball as I get ready to make a stroke. It seems to help.

The trick is - I also have to focus on the target (the hole or cup). I also do a lot of putts where I'm looking at the cup the whole time, a la Jordan Spieth. On the other putts, I look at the hole (or aiming target if it's a breaking putt) and then look at the dimple on the ball - but I'm keeping my attention on the target while I look at the back of the ball & make the stroke.

It seems to be helping - but we'll have to see how all this translates to actual greens during actual matches.

Back