The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of 2 wins for Florida State. You're next Auburn. Haha

Lol. I enjoy your confidence.

Haha I have been a fan long enough to have no confidence. Just ruffling some War Eagle feathers.

Oh my....

Oh my....

Famous last words

Easy to say when you don't have a choice

Tonight was a great night for FSU.

Seeing Jimbo choked up and eyes welled up was awesome. You could see how much love he has for him and how proud he was.

Just an awesome moment for the University. Never been prouder to be a Nole!

Now lets see these guys bring home the ultimate piece of hardware!

Reports are that Texas has Chip Kelly at the top of their lists. Interesting.

I hear Jim Harbaugh.

Texas has created an absolute disaster with this and I think it's hilarious. This is what happens when you set your sights on one guy and he rejects you.

I've watched about four pieces on this and each person they have interviewed has said it will take Texas years to recover from this debacle. Whether that's true or not we will see.

I hear Jim Harbaugh.

Texas has created an absolute disaster with this and I think it's hilarious. This is what happens when you set your sights on one guy and he rejects you.

I've watched about four pieces on this and each person they have interviewed has said it will take Texas years to recover from this debacle. Whether that's true or not we will see.

The inflated self-importance at Texas is a bit amusing to me.

The inflated self-importance at Texas is a bit amusing to me.

That's what they all said.

They are the third best team in Texas now yet the fans and alumni are a bit delusional on that fact.

I was joking with someone at work today about Kelly to Texas - it's actually true??

They can have a wish list all they want...why would Kelly bounce already

They can have a wish list all they want...why would Kelly bounce already

Keep your wish list internal though. To be as vocal and public as they are is leading to their embarrassment.

Isn't Chip Kelly under a "Show Cause" with the NCAA for another year or so? Not that it would stop Texas or anything.

Any of the Die hard Auburn of FSU guys going to go to the BCS game?

I went in 2010. This year my wife and I looked at it, but just decided that given some of things we're trying to get done around the house, it would be irresponsible of us to go.

Besides, I need to keep my THP travel fund up! :)

Awesome news and at the same time it was Mack shooting the finger at Saban, the big time donors that had tons of leg work done with Nick and the social media sites that pulled the trigger a bit early on the news last week. This is very very interesting that he did this 12 hours Saban resigned his Bama contract. He also did it right before the dead period so coaches can't "officially" talk to recruits now.

We didn't get the devil but there are 20 other coaches that will do just fine as the new Texas Longhorn football coach next year. I have my eye on some NFL'ers and a few big time college football coaches out there right now. If one hits I will be a happy camper. There is some ego's that will need to be repaired after this battle is over but it will happen. Mack/Powers/Patterson had their reasons in the end for letting Saban walk. I hope they have a plan B ready to go.

Nate,

If Texas still wants Saban, they can still get him.

His contract has no buy out. The fact he just signed it means nothing. Remember, "I will NOT be the head coach at Alabama?" Note: I'm not really criticizing him for this. Most coaches are sincere in their denials, right up until an offer they can't refuse is made.

With that said, the way things went down, I'd be surprised if Saban is still in the mix at this point.

You can bash Texas as much as you want. Academically we are #1 public university in in the state and high up in the national rankings.
Our athletic department is a cf. That's why we now have a new athletic director and will soon have a new football coach. Hopefully basketball and baseball are not far behind.
As far as all the speculation on who the new coach might be I will bet my last dollar that it won't be Chip Kelly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can bash Texas as much as you want. Academically we are #1 public university in in the state and high up in the national rankings.
Our athletic department is a cf. That's why we now have a new athletic director and will soon have a new football coach. Hopefully basketball and baseball are not far behind.
As far as all the speculation on who the new coach might be I will bet my last dollar that it won't be Chip Kelly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nobody has bashed UT's academics. But the inflated self worth in the football program is amusing.

Nobody has bashed UT's academics. But the inflated self worth in the football program is amusing.

Agreed, I think most of the Texas backlash is Longhorn Network related.

I hope he is going to tell Nick Saban a thing or two..hahahaha

Should have known when there isnt UT drama, leave it up to Bama

I hope he is going to tell Nick Saban a thing or two..hahahaha
Wth? Is he Coaching somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back