That looks good Pete. Can't wait to see where it takes you this season.

Your swing is Looking real Good Petter.
Personally I like the hand position at set up I just wish I could get my hips to turn like you do. Looking back at some of your chipping film your hip turn is amazing. Good Luck in the upcoming Season.

Thanks guys. :act-up: I'll be working a lot on this over Xmas and in January. It is looking good, but I'm not feeling it (yet). I was pretty surprised when I saw it, better than it felt and better than I expected.

I just wish I could get my hips to turn like you do. Looking back at some of your chipping film your hip turn is amazing. Good Luck in the upcoming Season.

Opening your feet (clown-stance, toes pointing more to theside) helps with rotating the hips. Basically same thing Freddie Couples does to ease his turn.

Thanks guys. :act-up: I'll be working a lot on this over Xmas and in January. It is looking good, but I'm not feeling it (yet). I was pretty surprised when I saw it, better than it felt and better than I expected.

Opening your feet (clown-stance, toes pointing more to theside) helps with rotating the hips. Basically same thing Freddie Couples does to ease his turn.

Thanks for the tip. Would I do this toe out stance just with the left foot or both?
I'll tinker with this after my lesson today to check the hip angle #'s back swing and through the downswing while I'm hooked up to the monitor.

Beautiful looking swing Pete

Thanks for the tip. Would I do this toe out stance just with the left foot or both?
I'll tinker with this after my lesson today to check the hip angle #'s back swing and through the downswing while I'm hooked up to the monitor.

Both preferrably, but left foot is most important so you can rotate throug and not flip the wrists. Approx. 30* is the angle you want, balance 50/50 throughout and remain centered.

Got some feedback from my coach.
- blade is too open in the takeaway and backswing...hence my many nice banana-curved shots of late.

Gonna try to keep the blade more closed + straight left arm. Let the right arm be a bit straight in the takeaway -> easier to straighten the left (see video below which I found to be helpful). I'll keep working on my weight shift and transition. I have a tendency to put too much weight on my left leg and I lost 7-8 mph in SS that way...was nice to get them back!

Both preferrably, but left foot is most important so you can rotate throug and not flip the wrists. Approx. 30* is the angle you want, balance 50/50 throughout and remain centered.

Thanks for the response Pete. I'll try this today. Def. agree on the 30* open with the hips at impact.

Another two and a half hours of work put in. Flightscope is really invaluable for this kind of work! Been looking a lot at Rotary Swing and the videos there, gone over my basics and probably spent a good 20 minutes every day rehearsing moves and the sequencing of said moves.

Today I worked on:
- keeping the blade more square or closed
- separating hips from arms at the start of the downswing, driving aggressively with the hips and clearing them.
- not spinning my shouders open through impact

All in all...according to FS I'm hitting my 9-iron about 152 yards on average, which is about my 8-iron last season. Higher and longer, I like that. The good thing is I'm not trying to swing it hard or increase speed, it just happens from proper sequencing. The swings in the video aren't as compact as I'd like but I'm not used to the speed and timing of things yet.

Very happy with today's work!

That is a stupidly powerful looking move you have going on there, Pete. Good job man.

Pete, love the swing my man! Question on your hand position at set up; you seem to keep your hands in line with the ball, maybe even a little behind the ball. I actually try and do the very same thing but I think you are doing it even more than I am. What does this help promote in the swing?

Does it keep the club or hands from coming down too quickly or is it just putting them in a correct position?

You see many players with the hands more in front of the ball at address, or they start the backswing with a forward press....why?

What happens in your swing or with the ball flight when you find your hands are a bit too much in front of the ball compared to where you are at now?

Thanks!

Pete, love the swing my man! Question on your hand position at set up; you seem to keep your hands in line with the ball, maybe even a little behind the ball. I actually try and do the very same thing but I think you are doing it even more than I am. What does this help promote in the swing?

Does it keep the club or hands from coming down too quickly or is it just putting them in a correct position?

You see many players with the hands more in front of the ball at address, or they start the backswing with a forward press....why?

What happens in your swing or with the ball flight when you find your hands are a bit too much in front of the ball compared to where you are at now?

Thanks!

Good questions and I'm not sure of the answers. Perception is weird. I made a conscious effort to try to have my hands a bit further forward and it's barely showing. I try to be neutral but I sometimes have that negative shaft lean. When I've tried to have more forward shaft lean it always opens up the clubface and then it feels like I have to close it a ton. When I've tried it I get a steeper attack and hit it lower, so I didn't like it.

I don't really know what happens, I just try to be neutral in my positions.

Good questions and I'm not sure of the answers. Perception is weird. I made a conscious effort to try to have my hands a bit further forward and it's barely showing. I try to be neutral but I sometimes have that negative shaft lean. When I've tried to have more forward shaft lean it always opens up the clubface and then it feels like I have to close it a ton. When I've tried it I get a steeper attack and hit it lower, so I didn't like it.

I don't really know what happens, I just try to be neutral in my positions.
Only reason I asked was a long time ago I was trying to fade the ball and a staff professional at the range I was at saw me and I asked him what I should be doing. He said pull your hands back at address (as they were pressed forward) and then swing. I did and the fade appeared. So ever since then I've always tried to make sure my hands were in line with the ball, or even a bit behind it.

Only reason I asked was a long time ago I was trying to fade the ball and a staff professional at the range I was at saw me and I asked him what I should be doing. He said pull your hands back at address (as they were pressed forward) and then swing. I did and the fade appeared. So ever since then I've always tried to make sure my hands were in line with the ball, or even a bit behind it.

I guess that makes sense. Should give your a more inside path through impact. Never thought about it that way. I've never had a problem fading the ball. Drawing on the other hand... ;)

That is a stupidly powerful looking move you have going on there, Pete. Good job man!

Thank you! It feels very good and I can tell my workouts have helped. It seems that over the course of the season I compensate and change more and more. Usually my hands get lower at the top and I pull from the top. Obviously that doesn't help my distance...

I finally had a chance to view you latest video. The elbow dip at the onset of the downswing is interesting to see. This seems to be a good start move following the hips to make sure the swing comes from the inside. It takes many reps to get one in the musule memory. Looking good Petter.

Been doing work since my last post but it's not just happening. I work out 5 times a week now and obviously that can throw some quirks into the swing since I'm sore most days of the week. I hit 200-300 balls twice per week and do swingwork in front of a mirror at home most other days. Been working on keeping my left arm straight and high but it's hard, because I've started to get some shoulder pain. Hopefully stretching it out better will solve that.

For now the focus is on:
- straight left arm
- full shoulder turn
- not opening the clubface in the backswing

Video should be done processing fairly soon...

Had a nice session hitting balls. Was sunny and above zero so I opened the front of the studio (ie the thing behind the white net) and hit some balls. I liked what I saw - a nice high draw. Not exactly my stock shot...

Worked on the feeling of my shoulders staying shut in the downswing, and also keeping my right foot from running away (tightening the glutes). All in all, pretty good. Just need two or three thousand more balls to get it ingrained. :)

Pete....where do you position the ball on your driver? I have been playing around with my ball position with the driver and trying to move it more front/middle of my stance. I've noticed that I get a lot more accurate but my distance goes down. I usually like to play it pretty far up in my stance which allows my legs and hips to get more involved. I create the power but my accuracy goes down.

Can you do a clip sometime down the road with your driver like you've done with the irons?

Pete....where do you position the ball on your driver? I have been playing around with my ball position with the driver and trying to move it more front/middle of my stance. I've noticed that I get a lot more accurate but my distance goes down. I usually like to play it pretty far up in my stance which allows my legs and hips to get more involved. I create the power but my accuracy goes down.

Can you do a clip sometime down the road with your driver like you've done with the irons?

About two inches more to my left. Inside left heel or thereabouts. We haven't started work on the driver swing yet, but when we do I'll do some clips.

Basically your driver should be slightly ahead of the clubs lowest point, which is around your left heel area, due to the club being held with the left arm. If you don't compensate or move in any way it'll be around your left heel. Try holding your driver (or any club for that matter) with only your left arm. Move it a few inches back and forth and you'll see that if you don't move or compensate, you'll bottom out in the same place all the time.

Great work pete, keep it up, I love your swing!

Been doing work since my last post but it's not just happening. I work out 5 times a week now and obviously that can throw some quirks into the swing since I'm sore most days of the week. I hit 200-300 balls twice per week and do swingwork in front of a mirror at home most other days. Been working on keeping my left arm straight and high but it's hard, because I've started to get some shoulder pain. Hopefully stretching it out better will solve that.

Inspiring...this is what I need to get doing!

Got feedback from my coach. We have only met once this winter, I'd like more but we don't really need to. The best thing about him is that I've become pretty independent in my swing and training. I know where I should be, sometimes I need help to get there but mostly I manage fine on my own.

Basically...hit about a thousand balls and get the current move ingrained and automatic before we move on and add more stuff.

Back