The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Totally jealous reading this thread. Can't wait to follow along during the matches!

Soon.

Very soon.

Spill it! Come on come on come on.

Is there a review on the GBB irons out there somewhere?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Spill it! Come on come on come on.

Is there a review on the GBB irons out there somewhere?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
On the homepage.

No spilling. All will know soon enough. Suffice to say though, they'll be in my bag in December.

Good bit of chatter within my groups this weekend about the Grandaddy. People are excited, I know I am.

Good bit of chatter within my groups this weekend about the Grandaddy. People are excited, I know I am.

I mean really how couldn't you be?
These guys are in for something truly special!

This is a huge skim on my part, but is there any place to find a full listing of all of the members of the team? I feel like I've seen most of them, but I admittedly didn't keep up with a couple of the contests when I was out of the country earlier this month. I'd love to see a complete list of the people that we will be rooting for in December!

This is a huge skim on my part, but is there any place to find a full listing of all of the members of the team? I feel like I've seen most of them, but I admittedly didn't keep up with a couple of the contests when I was out of the country earlier this month. I'd love to see a complete list of the people that we will be rooting for in December!

Pretty sure first post has it updated. (At least I thought JB was updating as winners were announced)

Team Redemption
Jman - Captain
Nebgolfer - King MVP Autobid
PhillyV - Gauntlet MVP Autobid
cdpkook132 - 1st Contest Winner
rallo - 2nd Contest Winner
mikeg_74 - 3rd Contest Winner
Tbaker34 - 4th Contest Winner
JB - Jason Finley Autobid
ddec - 5th Contest Winner
TexasHacker - 5th Contest Winner
misike - Final Contest Winner
Harvmp28 - Final Contest Winner

Jman - Captain
Nebgolfer - King MVP Autobid
PhillyV - Gauntlet MVP Autobid
cdpkook132 - 1st Contest Winner
rallo - 2nd Contest Winner
mikeg_74 - 3rd Contest Winner
Tbaker34 - 4th Contest Winner
JB - Jason Finley Autobid
ddec - 5th Contest Winner
TexasHacker - 5th Contest Winner
misike - Final Contest Winner
Harvmp28 - Final Contest Winner

First post has it but if you are on Tapatalk, there is usually an issue when posts are edited showing up on Tapatalk.

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll throw it in here as it pertains to my game and how it affects my teammates for this event.

Yesterday was a below average day by my standards from a consistent perspective. I would get a great drive only to hit a below average second shot, I would hit a great drive & a good second shot only to mess up the chip or I hit a bad tee shot and hit a great second shot to recover, but I couldn't put consecutive good holes (bogey or better) together. All day I felt like I scrambled way harder than I needed/wanted to and felt like I was grinding over par & bogey putts all day to save the round.

I know our captain said play/own your game, whatever it is, and that will be good enough, but on days like yesterday it's hard to not take a step back & scratch my head a little because it was mentally exhausting trying to maintain the round from really getting away from me.

I know part of it is me and the expectations I'm placing on myself, but from a consistency perspective how do you get that back? Do you just chalk it up as a day you didn't have it all together and draw from the days you played well? Do take the lesson learned hit the range the next time and work it out? I'm I interested to know how others have handled this situation.

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll throw it in here as it pertains to my game and how it affects my teammates for this event.

Yesterday was a below average day by my standards from a consistent perspective. I would get a great drive only to hit a below average second shot, I would hit a great drive & a good second shot only to mess up the chip or I hit a bad tee shot and hit a great second shot to recover, but I couldn't put consecutive good holes (bogey or better) together. All day I felt like I scrambled way harder than I needed/wanted to and felt like I was grinding over par & bogey putts all day to save the round.

I know our captain said play/own your game, whatever it is, and that will be good enough, but on days like yesterday it's hard to not take a step back & scratch my head a little because it was mentally exhausting trying to maintain the round from really getting away from me.

I know part of it is me and the expectations I'm placing on myself, but from a consistency perspective how do you get that back? Do you just chalk it up as a day you didn't have it all together and draw from the days you played well? Do take the lesson learned hit the range the next time and work it out? I'm I interested to know how others have handled this situation.
Very rarely will i have days where it is all clicking. Sometimes you just gotta chalk one up to the golf gods and forget about it and move on to the next round.

Very rarely will i have days where it is all clicking. Sometimes you just gotta chalk one up to the golf gods and forget about it and move on to the next round.

I agree 100% & I'm no where near perfection on a course, but looking back at my card and assessing the damage the score should have easily been in the high 80's. I guess I've played decent over the summer and to see a 90's round creep in scares me a little

I would shake it off as a single poor round. It definitely happens to all of us and I wouldn't go into a panic mode or anything until you saw several rounds consecutively like this.

New driver, shaft review, etc all plays into it as well.

I agree 100% & I'm no where near perfection on a course, but looking back at my card and assessing the damage the score should have easily been in the high 80's. I guess I've played decent over the summer and to see a 90's round creep in scares me a little
Yeah, most of all don't panic and start to press. When I do that is when the scores start to climb. Been seeing more 80s on the card lately, but had a clunker this weekend also following an 82 from the tips last week.

You got this, just relax, and try and just hit the shot at hand on the course. Rinse and repeat. When you are on the range work on solid contact. For me that means a lot of 3/4 iron shots and pitch shots with wedges. Seems to get me synced up and I can start to take full swings. Also translates well to shots I use on the course more now.

Shake it off brother! Some days are just like that, we all know we dont have off days on purpose, its all about giving 110% and being able to look back and think about what may have happened in certain spots and become better because of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I will say I am by no means freaking out or pressing, just curious how others have dealt with this situation in the past. I'm not one to dwell too much, but hate making the same mistakes over and over.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I will say I am by no means freaking out or pressing, just curious how others have dealt with this situation in the past. I'm not one to dwell too much, but hate making the same mistakes over and over.

Go back to basics and try to clear your mind honestly. right after being selected for the Gauntlet I went right to work and quickly found myself off my game big time. Went back to basics, noticed I was doing a few things wrong, and everything clicked again. Started shooting the best golf I ever have now because of it too. Simple things like alignment and making sure my hands were in the right place were clutch. You'll get through it. Just gotta golf your ball and get out of your own way.

Go back to basics and try to clear your mind honestly. right after being selected for the Gauntlet I went right to work and quickly found myself off my game big time. Went back to basics, noticed I was doing a few things wrong, and everything clicked again. Started shooting the best golf I ever have now because of it too. Simple things like alignment and making sure my hands were in the right place were clutch. You'll get through it. Just gotta golf your ball and get out of your own way.

I agree with this. Back to basics has helped me a few times.

Also, to answer your earlier question, I usually just shake off a bad round and know tomorrow is another day. I know what I'm capable of, and that sometimes things just don't click.

The head scratching is "normal" I think brother. When you take your game from a recreational stand point to a place where you feel like you and your game are accountable to a team, or a group of people it's easy to get more critical. You will always be your toughest critic no matter what anyone says. Learn to find the good in every practice, round, or what ever. Most importantly have a freaking blast doing it.

In the end, remember, it's golf. Its a fickle game, big picture focus is the key.

I wouldn't panic at all right now man. I've seen people go from great golf prior to poor, and vise versa. I would say work on your practice and mix in on course stuff and see what you think you need improvement on. When you tee it up at the Hideaway, it'll all be a blur and you need to focus more on scoring than technique at that point anyway. Whatever you've been doing in practice will hopefully be natural at that point enough where you can worry more about hitting it to your yardage than how to swing the club.

Back