The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Pondering minds must be spinning hard today. How many will be going with Recoils?
Ive never played graphite iron shafts, if it fits Im in!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My initial reaction to all this would be regular apex with recoils, I feel like the CB3s I currently game should be in the same ball park of what's needed for my game forgiveness wise and the Apex CF technology should get us there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Man, this is the first full night of sleep I've had since finding out I was in the Grandaddy. And of course these are announced today. What a cool post to wake up too. I'm super stoked about the Apex CF irons. I'm in love with my current Apex set, I cannot wait to try these out. Only fitting that the Apex get bumped out of the bag by their big brother. And the hybrids really really have my interest as well!

This just swallowed my night... couldn't sleep as it was... then all this stuff had to drop

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Grandaddy induced insomnia is real!

Pondering minds must be spinning hard today. How many will be going with Recoils?

That would be my preference. I love the Apex/Recoil combo I have in my current set.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Man, all of my pondering up to this point just got blown out of the water! I guess I'll have to spend a bunch more time on here and Callaway's website looking at options... such a burden! :alien:

I can't wait to check out these new options.

So... Today has been awesome. I can totally see a 5-GW in the Apex with the Apex hybrid providing a 4I replacement.

Also yesterday:

Went to the gym to get some cardio and ab work in and then drove over to the range for a 90 minute session. I spent 30 on the range, 30 in the short game area, and 30 putting. It was a really solid day for me. I felt like I struck the ball pretty darn well. I really worked on visualizing the shot, and making sure I was getting my swing started on the right path. I hit about 10 drivers at the end of my session and 8 of them would be what I would consider solid. I have really struggled off the tee this year, so it is going to be a big focus of mine.

Next I moved to the short game area. It is really just a green surrounded by some rough where you can hit anything from 10-12 yards and in. I moved around the green at varying distances. Hitting to different targets with different flights and clubs. Short game is something I am really going to work hard on. It is one of my weaknesses, and I know in match play it can beat someone to death.

Finally I moved to the green. Spent 30 minutes putting to various flags at different distances. Finished up with the around the world drill from 5 feet. Took me 3 times before I got all of them to go in.

All in all a great session. My plan is to do some variation of this twice a week as long as the weather allows, and when it gets cold I have a heated range to hit balls and chip at, and then putting will be done inside on the birdie ball.

SOLID Taylor!
You are going to do great things come December!

SOLID Taylor!
You are going to do great things come December!
He really is. Finely obviously never heard the phrase Be Careful What You Wish For.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Just want to give my team the best chance to bring it home

Thanks guys. Just want to give my team the best chance to bring it home

Love it. Your post definitely helps motivate me more.

I'm in the same boat. Plan on really putting in work for the next two months. I have planned one hour short game practice tomorrow morning before work, as long as the rain holds up. Hoping to do this at least 3 days before work. The other two being fitness/cardio. All the while knowing my Team Redemption brothers are putting in the same work!

Remember also gents.

OWN your game and your cap. Improvement comes in many facets, not just numbers.

Remember also gents.

OWN your game and your cap. Improvement comes in many facets, not just numbers.

Yep I will be playing at least once this weekend and course management is my big focus. My cap can get a bit lower, but I know I am capable of being a 10 or lower just by managing my rounds better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not like you guys need any additional motivation but today's releases have to pump you guys up! So much to look forward to and so much to do in the next two months. You guys are already killing it, keep it up!

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Yep I will be playing at least once this weekend and course management is my big focus. My cap can get a bit lower, but I know I am capable of being a 10 or lower just by managing my rounds better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not focused so much on lowering my cap, but practicing & playing so I have a complete understanding of my game and what I'm bringing to the table. This includes my typical miss so I can adjust and mange the course....I want to be on auto pilot on the course and enjoy it all and not grind over shots.

Man my pondering is in overdrive. Early thoughts

GBB Driver
Mini 1.5 or GBB 3 W
GBB 5 W
Apex 5H
Apex 5-GW
MD 54,58
Some sort of #7 Putter

I am sure it will all change in 2 months.

I'm not focused so much on lowering my cap, but practicing & playing so I have a complete understanding of my game and what I'm bringing to the table. This includes my typical miss so I can adjust and mange the course....I want to be on auto pilot on the course and enjoy it all and not grind over shots.

My focus also isn't about lowering the cap. I know I have to work on keeping my drive in the fairway, especially after hearing about how penal the rough is at The Hideaway. Also, just working in my short game in general, pitching chipping and putting. Also, with winter coming in lovely Ohio, I want to make sure I have a plan in place to keep my game tuned in.

GBB Driver
Mini 1.5 or GBB 3 W
GBB 5 W
Apex 5H
Apex 5-GW
MD 54,58
Some sort of #7 Putter

Dude I've imagined my bag a thousand different times by now... I have an idea of the make up, but the shafts for my woods is where I will heavily lean on the experts to maximize my distance and dispersion.

Dude I've imagined my bag a thousand different times by now... I have an idea of the make up, but the shafts for my woods is where I will heavily lean on the experts to maximize my distance and dispersion.

Agreed. Iron shafts are something I am not set on either. Have gamed the Recoil 110s and the Tour Vs and the Tour 120s. Not sure where I am going to go with that.

Proud of my guys so far, taking the convo to the threads and to the people.

Inclusion! Not exclusion!

Keep it up fellas!

Man you guys got it good! Looking forward to everyone's take on the fitting and especially the new gear. That definitely takes it up a notch.

GBB Driver
Mini 1.5 or GBB 3 W
GBB 5 W
Apex 5H
Apex 5-GW
MD 54,58
Some sort of #7 Putter

Thats a good looking bag and almost exactly what I got last year! Knowing Callaway, I would imagine there might be a couple more surprises before December.

For those interested in a practice round or two in KC, what would you all think of Saturday the 10th? I'll defer to Taylor (TexasHacker) for course recommendations, but I think 36 would be great.
Quoting to try and lock down plans for this. I know Taylor and Colin said it would work, anyone else (JMan?) Interested or able to make it work?

Back