The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Quoting to try and lock down plans for this. I know Taylor and Colin said it would work, anyone else (JMan?) Interested or able to make it work?
I suggest making a thread and opening it to whoever. Team Redemption welcomes all to meet up and play should they want to.

Last edited:
I suggest making a thread and opening it to whoever. Team Redemption welcomes all to meet up and ah should they want to.

I will throw one up Ryan. That way I can put course suggestions in it if you prefer...

I'm not focused so much on lowering my cap, but practicing & playing so I have a complete understanding of my game and what I'm bringing to the table. This includes my typical miss so I can adjust and mange the course....I want to be on auto pilot on the course and enjoy it all and not grind over shots.

Boy, that looks like a smart plan to me!

I'm not focused so much on lowering my cap, but practicing & playing so I have a complete understanding of my game and what I'm bringing to the table. This includes my typical miss so I can adjust and mange the course....I want to be on auto pilot on the course and enjoy it all and not grind over shots.

my cap likely won't change much in the next month. I'll head in there around 10. The thing I am going to try to work on is developing that controlled shot. Whether it be a knockdown type shot for irons and something off the tee that keeps it in play.

my cap likely won't change much in the next month. I'll head in there around 10. The thing I am going to try to work on is developing that controlled shot. Whether it be a knockdown type shot for irons and something off the tee that keeps it in play.
This makes me smile.

A ddec who is comfortable with his game and shots is good for #TeamRedemption

This makes me smile.

A ddec who is comfortable with his game and shots is good for #TeamRedemption

Learn from the past.

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll throw it in here as it pertains to my game and how it affects my teammates for this event.

Yesterday was a below average day by my standards from a consistent perspective. I would get a great drive only to hit a below average second shot, I would hit a great drive & a good second shot only to mess up the chip or I hit a bad tee shot and hit a great second shot to recover, but I couldn't put consecutive good holes (bogey or better) together. All day I felt like I scrambled way harder than I needed/wanted to and felt like I was grinding over par & bogey putts all day to save the round.

I know our captain said play/own your game, whatever it is, and that will be good enough, but on days like yesterday it's hard to not take a step back & scratch my head a little because it was mentally exhausting trying to maintain the round from really getting away from me.

I know part of it is me and the expectations I'm placing on myself, but from a consistency perspective how do you get that back? Do you just chalk it up as a day you didn't have it all together and draw from the days you played well? Do take the lesson learned hit the range the next time and work it out? I'm I interested to know how others have handled this situation.
It's golf and it happens. Put the clubs away and get after it the next time out. You also have to temper your expectations. Work on putting and chipping.

Heavenwood should take care of the keep it in play club. It's one of the reasons I've had a 21 degree FW in the bag for years, especially on days where you just can't find anything.

Heavenwood should take care of the keep it in play club. It's one of the reasons I've had a 21 degree FW in the bag for years, especially on days where you just can't find anything.

I have a feeling im gonna need a club like that for myself. Hopefully, it wasnt just a honeymoon period and the UT becomes a weapon for me

Quoting to try and lock down plans for this. I know Taylor and Colin said it would work, anyone else (JMan?) Interested or able to make it work?

Sadly I'm out for this. Have a blast guys!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Just a drive by post to say good luck to all of you in your Grandaddy prep!! I hope you all kill it!

I have a feeling im gonna need a club like that for myself. Hopefully, it wasnt just a honeymoon period and the UT becomes a weapon for me

Agreed. Mine has been the V-Series 5w. Hoping something in the GBB line does this for me

Boy, that looks like a smart plan to me!

I keep drawing on our round at Shoal Creek and the hole that was a tight driving hole and you told me "let's see what you got", I processed to split the fairway and the feeling I had that I executed the tee shot I wanted is a positive I draw from on the tee at times. Having that memory and knowing I can execute is great.

We have had rain all day every day since Thursday and 100 percent chance of rain all weekend. Dying to get to the course or the range. Courses around me don't drain well at all.

At this point I have targets set up in my living room at 4 6 and 8 feet and just working on putting.

Back to the range tomorrow. Similar to yesterday but with more focus on the big dog. Short game and putting as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started reading this book tonight. Some really good thoughts in here and only on page 26. Really talks about your mentality and having a positive attitude, things I'm a firm believer in for all of life, not just golf.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443579021.910661.jpg

What are the participants waiting for the most?
Captain, are you going to mix up the teams, stay with hot teams, manipulate who your teammates play against?
Captain, are you going to making teams based on strengths/weaknesses?

Just went through some of my pictures from last year (and I hear one was on Callaway Live....) and got a nice smile on my face

Also I'm looking forward of seeing The Hideaway with my own two eyes.

the look on ScottyG's face when he gives me a congratulatory hand shake on hole 15.
I challenge you to make it hole 14.

I am most excited to meet my team, see the Zoo Crew again, and take the belt back for THP.

The Hideaway is amazing, the clubs will be amazing, but I want that freaking belt.

I'm looking forward to the performance center experience and of course The Hideaway... Good lord I want to see this course in person.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I'm not sure I can pinpoint one thing I'm looking forward to the most. When I go over in my head everything that happened at last years Grandaddy, it's all so amazing. Can't wait to get fit at the performance center. Or play at the hideaway. Or meet all the awesome people at Callaway. Or meet and play with my teammates.

And, I keep envisioning all of the fun we are all going to have for those 3 days. And, I have a mental image of us bringing the belt back to THP!

Back