The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

For those interested in a practice round or two in KC, what would you all think of Saturday the 10th? I'll defer to Taylor (TexasHacker) for course recommendations, but I think 36 would be great.
Really wish that I could make it. You guys have fun, and kick some ass!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Something like this center shafted could be pretty sessy...
putters-2015-big-t-blade,en_US,pd.html

I think I will just have to take the jman approach... roll everything with and open mind and let the cards fall where they may.

I'm not sure where to put this, I'll throw it in here as it pertains to my game and how it affects my teammates for this event.

Yesterday was a below average day by my standards from a consistent perspective. I would get a great drive only to hit a below average second shot, I would hit a great drive & a good second shot only to mess up the chip or I hit a bad tee shot and hit a great second shot to recover, but I couldn't put consecutive good holes (bogey or better) together. All day I felt like I scrambled way harder than I needed/wanted to and felt like I was grinding over par & bogey putts all day to save the round.

I know our captain said play/own your game, whatever it is, and that will be good enough, but on days like yesterday it's hard to not take a step back & scratch my head a little because it was mentally exhausting trying to maintain the round from really getting away from me.

I know part of it is me and the expectations I'm placing on myself, but from a consistency perspective how do you get that back? Do you just chalk it up as a day you didn't have it all together and draw from the days you played well? Do take the lesson learned hit the range the next time and work it out? I'm I interested to know how others have handled this situation.
How would I handle it? Come on here and rant about it, then realize I'm an am whose swing varies from day to day. Maybe look at some situations where i let poor play get the worst of me( like making me press when I didn't need to.)Go out the next round or range session without a thought about last round.

Its like this Dean guy has been involved in prep for big events before or something.

Its like this Dean guy has been involved in prep for big events before or something.
Or he plays a ton of crappy golf

Callaway Live Tomorrow Night! HUGE Product announcement they say.......I'm listening :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

On the homepage.

No spilling. All will know soon enough. Suffice to say though, they'll be in my bag in December.

Not going to lie, those irons sound perfect for me...

Hybrids, GBB's and MD3's... The ponderings are taking serious twists.

Cannot wait to hear the announcement!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice as it pertains to fitting, and it's based on what I went through last year, which could be totally different this year, is as follows:

Be prepared to talk to the fitter about your current setup. What you are playing, what you like, and what you don't like. ASK QUESTIONS about anything. These fitters are a wealth of knowledge and love to share it.

The fitting goes way faster than you expect. Have a club setup in mind (driver, fairway lofts, hybrid lofts/slots, what you want the iron set makeup to be, wedge lofts) in case you don't get to hit everything. Finding the right shaft, length, lie might take 10 swings, it might take 20...it might take 25. And if it creeps towards the latter, chances are you won't be checking gaps between different lofted woods or wedges before your time is up. We're all club junkies and numbers chasers, and even three hours per person/per fitting (totally unrealistic) would seem like it went by faster than it really did. Be realistic about what you are looking for and cognizant of the time you have allotted to you.

Double, triple, and quadruple check your order sheet after your fitting. If you intend on playing a set gap wedge (I did), make sure you tell that to your fitter (I can't say for sure that I did or didn't), and make sure it's written on your order sheet (I never looked at mine). Things happen fast, and you can't assume anything. And if you find yourself out in the desert with 13 clubs instead of 14, nothing can be done about it at that time, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

The hardest thing for me was picking a putter. Think about how big Odyssey is, and how many putters are in their stable. Well..."go pick one." I rolled putts for what felt like HOURS. I'm sure there are 30 different Odyssey putters at your local golf store. Go roll them. Get a feel for what length and head shape you like.

Figure out a way to relax. That will be a reoccurring theme of the event. Even if you've gone through a club fitting prior, I bet it wasn't at the ELY CALLAWAY PERFORMANCE CENTER where the tour guys go to get fit and where they film all of those commercials...it wasn't in front of the Callaway tour department staff...and ROGER F'N CLEVELAND wasn't standing over your shoulder. Harnessing those nerves will be key, and even moreso if this is the first stop of the event as it was in years past.

Lastly...have fun! You will not hit every ball on the range pure, and you might not make a putt the whole time you're on the practice green. SO WHAT. You're getting to do something that very few people ever even get the chance to do. Keep that in perspective and enjoy the ride!

All very good thoughts and recommendations. We will do the best we can to give people as much time as possible during the fitting process but based on all the people who will need to get fit and all of the exciting things we will also try and do that day, we will simply need to keep the process moving and give the Tour department enough time to build your new clubs. And we will all be there in addition to the fitters to help and answer any questions you may have (and do not be afraid to ask them).

The man, the legend, Darth Finley with the confirmation bomb. Love it! Let that sink in. Tour department building your newly fitted clubs. Overnight. Where else but #TheGrandaddy?

The man, the legend, Darth Finley with the confirmation bomb. Love it! Let that sink in. Tour department building your newly fitted clubs. Overnight. Where else but #TheGrandaddy?

Hopefully the person driving them out does not get lost. At least The Hideaway has Callaway rental sets. I wonder if they have 12?

Hopefully the person driving them out does not get lost. At least The Hideaway has Callaway rental sets. I wonder if they have 12?

I'll volunteer to make sure they arrive safely, and on time :call-me:

As long as that time isn't 4:49....

Id still be there smiling if that ever occurred!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Kirsten did a wonderful job last year, and we couldn't thank her enough!

I love that these guys have an idea that it will be awesome, but I guarantee There's more than a few surprises!

All very good thoughts and recommendations. We will do the best we can to give people as much time as possible during the fitting process but based on all the people who will need to get fit and all of the exciting things we will also try and do that day, we will simply need to keep the process moving and give the Tour department enough time to build your new clubs. And we will all be there in addition to the fitters to help and answer any questions you may have (and do not be afraid to ask them).

Amazing!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so excited. So many questions but I know the fitters and the zoo crew will answer everything. They are all awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am going to write down my questions as I think of them so when I get there and I am in shock I don't forget anything. Still doesn't feel real

I have to stop reading this thread before I go to bed... I can't sleep.

Grandaddy induced insomnia is real!

There are 3 new threads on THP and 3 new home page articles that each participant (and all fans of golf equipment) will want to check out today.

There are 3 new threads on THP and 3 new home page articles that each participant (and all fans of golf equipment) will want to check out today.
This just swallowed my night... couldn't sleep as it was... then all this stuff had to drop

Pondering minds must be spinning hard today. How many will be going with Recoils?

Pondering minds must be spinning hard today. How many will be going with Recoils?

If it's an option that is option #1 for me. I love my recoils and cannot imagine playing another shaft.

Well.... I'm excited!!! Cup face apex? Hell yes!

I thought everyone would be excited when the threads went up. Fun to be had for sure, and I know those threads will be rockin' because of it.

I thought everyone would be excited when the threads went up. Fun to be had for sure, and I know those threads will be rockin' because of it.

They will get some action. I just woke up haven't had time to sit down at a computer yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back