The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

How is everybody going to adjust to the formats?
Favorite format?
Which Zoo Crew member are people most excited to meet?

Maybe questions will bring out the quiet ones.

I haven't played much tournament golf other than a scramble here and there, so I am looking forward to trying out whatever comes our way. Since I haven't met any of the ZooCrew in person I am looking forward to all of them but especially our Captain and winner of the 2016 Gauntlet AJ!

Favorite format?

I'm not even sure what formats will be included but I always enjoy best ball. I've never done match play so that will be interesting for me.

This is going to sound like a cop out but I'm looking forward to meeting all the #ZooCrew members! Mancest, ASN21 and time4tim were talking about how awesome they are when we played last weekend so I'm even more excited about #TheGauntlet now! It will be interesting to see these extra medium shirts AJ is known for though

#TeamRookie FTW

I have been on the course, enjoying the "winter" in AZ and trying to figure out my game.
I am looking forward to meeting my Captain, Ethan, as well as all the #ZooCrew. I look forward to talking to Harry about his soccer playing days.
Format - I like shamble and Match play. Never played Pinehurst, modified Pinehurst or alt shot. Best ball is always a good time, I have a little success with that one.
I will see what the format is and play/adjust my game as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the WGC, would love match play. Also really like best ball, since it could give the opportunity to go flag hunting.
Super excited to meet our leader JRod. Just as excited to meet my fellow THPers. Finally get to put some faces to names.

#TeamJRod
#3pete

A few weeks back me, jp, kc, and j4u played a shamble match and it was a lot of fun. I played some single match play last year but haven't played a lot in a team environment. It'll be different but a lot of fun and I foresee a few more similar matches in Denver prior to the event.

As for the zoo crew I'm a first timer and haven't met any of them before but I know how glowingly everyone talks about them so I'm very excited to get a chance to meet them all. But I have to be most excited to meet the winning captain #TeamFinley.

Watching the WGC, would love match play. Also really like best ball, since it could give the opportunity to go flag hunting.
Super excited to meet our leader JRod. Just as excited to meet my fellow THPers. Finally get to put some faces to names.

#TeamJRod
#3pete
So stoked for you guys to be in this. The Gauntlet was my first and I couldnt have asked for a cooler experience. I hope I could be in a another one one day. Enjoy the hell out of it!

JP, start practicing your smack talk if havent already. JRod brings it hard. Just dont let him lay down on any of the greens lol

Have never played the Pinehurst format so I guess I'm looking forward to that one. Also looking forward to meeting cap'n of #TeamStripeShow. We'll be here in the middle when you need us.

Favorite format?

Any idea what the format will be so we can prepare?

FFS
This is what Pokeslice and I are dealing with.
Wonder if colored balls will work.

25292e843ded7ead3712ed533595dac3.jpg

Damn that sucks! It snowed again here the other day but it was only 1 cm.
Hopefully the courses will open up early April so I can get in as many rounds as I can before #TheGauntlet

FFS
This is what Pokeslice and I are dealing with.
Wonder if colored balls will work.

25292e843ded7ead3712ed533595dac3.jpg

If you play 18 in that your balls will be colored

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I look forward to talking to Harry about his soccer playing days.

Harry is not part of the Gauntlet. Captains are AJ, Ethan, Finley, Rookie, Velardo and Jrod.

Any idea what the format will be so we can prepare?

I do.
I would check out last year's event and some early THP Events from this year for a hint.

Definitely looking forward to meeting all of the #ZooCrew and especially the one and only Darth Finley in person!!! Also really looking forward to meeting pokeslice and mpeterson in person, as well as my fellow Gauntlet-ers!!!

I really liked all of the formats from the #THPKickoffClassic! I don't have a lot of other experience with the team formats, so it was hard to give my captain much input. I'm hoping I can provide a little more input this time around.

I have to say it was really eye opening watching Freddie and MikeDean441 at the last event. My on course IQ sure has a long way to go.

Question for everyone, for alternate shot format, would you rather be the one teeing off and hopefully attempting a long putt(or at least chipping it close) on most of the par 4s? Or be the one (again hopefully) hitting approaches and then potentially having to make a bunch of knee knockers to halve or win a hole?

At the last event, my driver was pretty consistent off the tee so that was my preference during alt shot. I'm pretty comfortable chipping from around the green, but my lag putting has been a weakness in my game. I was really worried about leaving my partner 10+ ft putts for match points in that format.

Harry is not part of the Gauntlet. Captains are AJ, Ethan, Finley, Rookie, Velardo and Jrod.
I knew that - brain must have taken a vacation for a few minutes. Good thing I wasn't at work!
Or, I could chat w Harry at the Grandaddy?

Question for everyone, for alternate shot format, would you rather be the one teeing off and hopefully attempting a long putt(or at least chipping it close) on most of the par 4s? Or be the one (again hopefully) hitting approaches and then potentially having to make a bunch of knee knockers to halve or win a hole?

At the last event, my driver was pretty consistent off the tee so that was my preference during alt shot. I'm pretty comfortable chipping from around the green, but my lag putting has been a weakness in my game. I was really worried about leaving my partner 10+ ft putts for match points in that format.
Leave the driver out of my hand. I will do whatever else is requested, just do not force me to hit a fairway, Unless they are miles wide!

I knew that - brain must have taken a vacation for a few minutes. Good thing I wasn't at work!

He will definitely be there.

I see what you did there...

Waiting not very patiently for for new Apexes and MD3 to get here. Shipped today, so hopefully be here before I head out to Phoenix Sunday.

If anyone is going to be able to get out for a round or little practice let me know. Be great to meet some of you guys before the show!

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Favorite format?

Is it May yet?!!!

Think whatever format you throw at us will be fine. We'll adjust, and no matter what it is will be fun. Best ball and shambles are always good options. Unlike some folks, I even like scrambles.

Definitely look forward to meeting my Captain Ethan! JRod and Finley seem to be infamous characters that look forward to meeting also. The whole Zoocrew seems to be a fun bunch.

Sometimes I just sit back and smile. You guys have no idea what you are in for and that is going to make it that much better when this finally gets here.

I cannot wait for this and am excited to meet all the new faces. Going to be one for the ages.

Sometimes I just sit back and smile. You guys have no idea what you are in for and that is going to make it that much better when this finally gets here.

I cannot wait for this and am excited to meet all the new faces. Going to be one for the ages.

Truer words have never been spoken :D

I'm going to be in golfing heaven along with a whole bunch of other dudes who are in golfing heaven as well. Oh man, this is going to be sooooo much fun.

I keep trying to tamp down my enthusiasm since it is still a ways away. But, this is going to be a ton of fun and look forward to meeting everyone.

Definitely looking forward to meeting my Captain! He's been pretty darn quiet on Social Media about the whole thing. I'd also like to meet Finley and see what all the hype is about..

Format wise match play, shambles, best ball and Nassau are amongst my favorites!

Back