The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excited to announce all of the details of the 2019 THP Event called the Graphite Challenge. This is going to be an insane weekend of golf, shafts, equipment and a whole lot of fun.

i-sNvQmxD-M.jpg

When & Where
November 8-10
PGA National Resort & Spa - Home of the PGA Tour Event the Honda Classic

The Details
This will be a special weekend for 6 THPers. THP has teamed up with UST Mamiya to present the Graphite Challenge, a weekend of golf, shaft education and new clubs, courtesy of Ben Hogan Golf. Each participant coming will receive a new set of irons, complete with a premium UST Mamiya iron shaft that closely matches what they are playing in steel currently. Then we put them to the test for a weekend of golf with Danny Le from US Mamiya and Tyler Brewton from Ben Hogan Golf for a weekend to remember for a long time.

If you want to learn about graphite iron shafts, this is your chance to put them to the test.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2019 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity benefitting children. For more information on that or to sign up and help support this great cause, click here.

Cost & What's Included
Cost - $499
45 Holes of Golf with location TBA soon
New Set of Ben Hogan Irons
New UST Mamiya Shafts
Awesome UST Swag
Group Dinners
Hotel Rooms
And a whole lot more

Itinerary
Friday Evening: Group Dinner with THPers and UST Mamiya
Saturday Morning: Range Session with new Clubs
Saturday Afternoon: 27 Holes of Golf on the Renovated Palmer Course
Saturday Evening: Group Dinner with THPers and UST Mamiya
Sunday Morning: 18 Holes of Golf on the Champion Course

Participants
@mmaynard11
@GraniteRoost
BigDill
@djt311
@Gaholfer
Parrot

Day 1 Golf
GraniteRoost
BigDill
TBHogan

Danny Le
mmaynard
djt311

JB
Gaholfer
Parrot

Day 2 Golf
Danny Le
GraniteRoost
Gaholfer

TBHogan
mmaynard
Parrot

JB
djt311
BigDill

Last edited:
Even though I already play graphite shafts, this is one that I would really love to attend. Always interested is learning more about them and have the expert determine if I am playing the correct graphite shafts for my game.

This looks like it would be a lot of fun. Dates work so hopefully the location will also.

Very exciting news! Looking forward to seeing where this one is getting hosted!

As someone who plays graphite now, but really questions if they are the right fit for me, this event and the knowledge gained from it really has me excited!

This will be awesome. Recoils are so good and absolutely destroy so many misconceptions about graphite shafts.

UST with THP just continues to wow us another great event can’t wait to here the locale!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds awesome!! Ive always been curious how id fit in the recoil iron shafts

This one sounds great! I too have graphite shafts in my current irons, but I didn't do a formal fitting, and know I could learn a lot from an experience like this. I do know I like the Recoils that I put in my wedges better than the stock graphite shafts in my irons.

I've always been skeptical of graphite in my irons, but I'm definitely curious.

Looking forward to seeing what location is chosen for this one. Should be a good time regardless!

Definitely a don’t miss event!

I'm definitely in the group who thinks they would never consider a graphite shaft. Should be an interesting follow and sounds like blast as well.

Pretty interesting. Never tried graphite in my irons. Color me intrigued!

Awesome shafts and won't play anything else in my irons.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Excited for this event! I think I this one is going to be nuts! Six lucky THP'ers too!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a awesome event.

This sounds so good....but could I make it work with newborn coming in September? Maybe I should start begging the wife now.

But for real - this is going to be an insanely fun event.

UST and Hogan are stepping up huge for THP! I played graphite from 1993-2011. I'd love the chance to learn more about the advancements in graphite shafts. I'll be watching for the sign-up.

Thanks, THP!

This reads like a killer event for some lucky THPers. Hogan irons with UST shafts...very nice!

I like the sounds of this one.

Great event can’t wait for signups!

Another Amazing event and the chance to be fitted by UST!!!

Looks like an awesome event.

This one is definitely right up my ally. I am considering graphite in my next set of irons but have some reservations and I do not understand how the specs relate from steel to graphite. Do I really need heavy weight graphite? Could I benefit from lighter shafts in steel? I am happy with my Hogans but a brand new set with some UST shafts would be great.

This is a really good idea, good job to those who came up with it.

Tyler Brewton is a great golfer and a better person! I can't imagine being in the same group as him and Danny Le!

Back