The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

I have thoroughly enjoyed the PTx Pro demos. I hate to send them back this week but am very excited knowing I have set coming.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the PTx Pro demos. I hate to send them back this week but am very excited knowing I have set coming.
I have another round with the demo clubs this afternoon. I’ve been extremely surprised by what I’ve seen from the Recoil shafts, which has me excited for November.

I played a quick 9 this morning. I hit shots from 180-200 with the 6 and was consistently in the 190 range with it. I stepped on a few and cleared 200 with a couple. With the 9, it was very comfortable at 140-45 and I had a little left with it. But, with both clubs, when I tried for a bit extra, the ball ballooned.

Nevertheless, I really like the sticks and am ready to try them with a little heavier shaft.

44 days until this event and the excitement is ramping up. I have been playing twice a week all for the hope that I can finish the three Bear Trap holes at even par. I think its going to be a tall task.

I am also beginning to wonder whether this event will have a little competition component to it...Danny with three THPers on one side, Tyler and three more on the other :unsure:. Bring your A game fellas, because sand traps are not the only thing I plan on raking ?.

I must need to eat Wheaties or something. I've never been able to hit 6 that far!

I must need to eat Wheaties or something. I've never been able to hit 6 that far!

That's a really strong 5 for me in a good day!

I am also beginning to wonder whether this event will have a little competition component to it...Danny with three THPers on one side, Tyler and three more on the other :unsure:. Bring your A game fellas, because sand traps are not the only thing I plan on raking ?.

I’ve wondered the same. I’ll be your Huckleberry!

I have been working on my iron game since just before this event and have kicked it into overdrive the last few weeks by playing multiple rounds a week and getting comfortable with a repeatable swing. Still have some work to do, but I feel like I am miles ahead of where I was before my last THP event, which is good news for both my playing partners and anyone standing remotely near the hole I am playing.

There have been a few times over the last year when I contemplated adding a set of Recoil shafted clubs to my rotation. I am beyond excited that it is about to happen. :giggle:

From the event description:

"Each participant coming will receive a new set of irons, complete with a premium UST Mamiya iron shaft that closely matches what they are playing in steel currently."

What are each of you currently playing or have previously played in steel?

What UST Mamiya iron shaft do you think you will end up with?

I have been playing Dynamic Gold 105 stiff for the last 4 months or so. My guess is that I will be fit into a Recoil 780 ES Smackwrap F4 or if things get crazy, the Recoil 110 F4 shafts.

I'm playing KBS C-Taper 120s. My guess was the Recoil 110s or 110 proto.

"Each participant coming will receive a new set of irons, complete with a premium UST Mamiya iron shaft that closely matches what they are playing in steel currently."

I have been playing Dynamic Gold 105 stiff for the last 4 months or so. My guess is that I will be fit into a Recoil 780 ES Smackwrap F4 or if things get crazy, the Recoil 110 F4 shafts.

Turn signatures on my friend. Or hop off Tapatalk for a better experience on the mobile browser haha
I kid of course....:oops:

Turn signatures on my friend. Or hop off Tapatalk for a better experience on the mobile browser haha
I kid of course....:oops:

I think I am missing something here. I haven't been on Tapatalk since the redesign and I am using the desktop version here at work, and my signature setting is on. Did I break something?

I think I am missing something here. I haven't been on Tapatalk since the redesign and I am using the desktop version here at work, and my signature setting is on. Did I break something?

Of course not. I meant most of the participants have their shafts in their sigs.

This will ramp up quite a bit in the coming weeks as we start talking clubs, swag and more.
I can't wait for the reviews of the clubs and shafts post event. Always one of my favorite things.

Such a great group of dudes, this is going to rock!

This will ramp up quite a bit in the coming weeks as we start talking clubs, swag and more.
I can't wait for the reviews of the clubs and shafts post event. Always one of my favorite things.

All I know is that, after the lobster mac and cheese at The Odyssey Experience, if we're ordering from pre-selected options, there is a really good chance I'm ordering what you do.

All I know is that, after the lobster mac and cheese at The Odyssey Experience, if we're ordering from pre-selected options, there is a really good chance I'm ordering what you do.

I knew you were the smart one.

Hope you guys have a blast. Recently, had the chance to hit Recoil F4. Loved how it felt. Pain in hands/fingers making me consider going to graphite. Look forward to all your feedback after the event.

Hope you guys have a blast. Recently, had the chance to hit Recoil F4. Loved how it felt. Pain in hands/fingers making me consider going to graphite. Look forward to all your feedback after the event.

Let us know any questions you might have. We’re going to have awesome access to Danny and will be happy to ask.

Let us know any questions you might have. We’re going to have awesome access to Danny and will be happy to ask.
I second this statement!

I love how think is underlined... it gives me the tingles.

Hmmmm.

To say I'm geeking out over here is an understatement. That is all.

UST and THP raising the bar big time! Those shafts are so freaking awesome.

Back