LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

I believe it was mentioned that PGA National may be the only course in the world that has hosted a regular tour stop, a Major championship, AND a Ryder Cup.

Mind. Blown.
For 19 events (1982-2000) The Champ was the Senior PGA Championship course. I got to see a few of those.

Just spent some time going through this thread and wow. What a great event. Shafts and clubs look amazing! Those custom recoils are :love:

The venue and restaurants look amazing and I can only imagine the tech talk with Danny and Tyler!

Another great THP experience! Congrats to all that attended and thanks for bringing us at home along for the ride!

Just spent some time going through this thread and wow. What a great event. Shafts and clubs look amazing! Those custom recoils are :love:

The venue and restaurants look amazing and I can only imagine the tech talk with Danny and Tyler!

Another great THP experience! Congrats to all that attended and thanks for bringing us at home along for the ride!

The tech talk was fantastic this weekend.

It was amazing to see in person. We were all admiring the LINQ in JB’s bag, and @mmaynard11 was hammering the ball. Where else can you get a shaft, for free, that isn’t released for another 2-3 months, just tossed to you to keep? Only THP.
I honestly was taken back and wasn’t sure if I heard what JB said at first. Talk about being floored! I promise not to pronounce it LINQ-Q like @BHGtylerb ?!!!

I have never played ben hogan irons or graphite shafts I struck them pretty well today and the irons and shafts felt great. Coming up most will be indoor practicing since mn weather is not good and look forward to hitting them some more. Trying to get a few more videos posted but having trouble
You definitely did. Tale of two 18’s from yesterday to today.

Awesome follow guys!! Thanks for all the updates, and I look forward to hearing more about the equipment as you continue to test it out. I've been very happy with my Hogan putter, and had a very positive interaction with @BHGtylerb, so glad to hear he got out there with you guys!! Rain couldnt damper the parade that you experienced this weekend! And mmaynard11 with a shaft not yet released, fantastic!

Sitting here on a delay in Newark and decided to kick off my recap of this event!

First have to start out by commending @JB& @GolferGal for continuing to wow weekend golfers with unbelievable experiences. It is amazing to see where THP has come over the last several years. I love where these events are today and only know the two of you will continue to change, evolve and blow us golfers away in the future! I truly appreciate you for rolling out the red carpet allowing us the chance to meet with some of the best in the golf industry!!! Thank you for what you do!!!

@DannyLe - You are a worth of knowledge and it was great listening to you talk about the Recoil shafts! I can honestly say I left the event with a better understanding of what you bring to the industry! Our round yesterday didn’t provide for the greatest weather, but it was truly enjoyable!

@BHGtylerb the rumors about you were true! I don’t think there was a time that you didn’t have a smile on your face! Your openness to allow six weekend golfers into the Ben Hogan Golf brand was awesome. Your passion for the brand is evident! While we didn’t get to play a round together, I was able to sit back and watch you pound the ball off the tee. I heard the iron play and short game were spot on as well. It was great meeting you and can’t wait to get more time with these PTx Pro Irons!

Yesterdays round was delayed due to the rain, but the conversations that ensued are what make THP’s events so special. The interaction from the other five guys to experience the event @BigDill @Parrot @djt311 @Gaholfer (Power Thrust), @GraniteRoost was great. I could have sat there talking for hours. It was a pleasure meeting five new THPers who I would go out of my way to tee it up with again! We eventually were able to get that round in, albeit on a soaked course I absolutely know there were some good shots out there! Playing18 holes with Danny Le was invaluable and know a few things I need to work on.
Dinner this weekend was crazy and I still think I may be in a food coma!
The Champion course, what can you say, other than beautiful and challenging. We all hear about how hard the Bear Trap is, well even when you try to prepare for it, it still will chew you up and spit you out. All in all we had some good golf shots and it was a pleasure teeing it up with JB, Djt311, and BigDill! Thanks for making that round truly enjoyable. The support and banter was on key on a beautiful day! I’ll take my score (84) on that course and smile! Still blown away by the new toy I have thanks to JB! That LINQ in that M6 driver is going to be put through its paces!
Last but not least I have to give a shout out to my roommate Parrot! Two old guys who each night were sitting there chatting, watching some sports, and icing our old bones! Great meeting you!!!
Finally the weekend! Memories were made, relationships formed, golf played, and some sweet golf equipment given to us! Thanks for the ride and I hope those dive into the review threads were we will be sharing our thoughts!

Thanks again for a fantastic weekend!!!

A few more good ones from today ?

@Parrot leading us off the first tee
A5BED13A-D152-4BA6-B276-14640E6E802F.jpeg
08230A7D-54B5-4804-B8E0-9177577B5D72.jpeg
@BHGtylerb on 9th tee
358FD942-934A-42AB-AEBC-5661A516F959.jpeg

@Parrot on 13
E202EF2F-2466-40E7-A88D-A0E06331BC6D.jpeg

Bear Trap 17th green looking back at tee
A18A9AC3-0AEF-41DE-AF7B-C060F9E0616B.jpeg

Last edited:
It was amazing to see in person. We were all admiring the LINQ in JB’s bag, and @mmaynard11 was hammering the ball. Where else can you get a shaft, for free, that isn’t released for another 2-3 months, just tossed to you to keep? Only THP.
I have been aggressively trying to get my hands on it... no dice. Simply amazing that he came away with it!

@BHGtylerb likes to scare tee markers, and his playing partners. Iceman nothing phases him.

I wish I had video of him hitting driver off the deck, which happened no less than 5 times over two rounds, including once out of a fairway bunker ?. He plays too fast to get on film!

Honored to have played two rounds with this gentleman
View attachment trim.5C26F39C-2720-4C9F-99B4-9945657E5677.MOV

Didn’t get a chance to post these this morning. Good swings!!!
@Parrot
And finally... wait for it ???‍♂️ #beartrapped

I have to say my ball landed in the exact same spot. That wind just kept pushing the ball right.

@BHGtylerb likes to scare tee markers, and his playing partners. Iceman nothing phases him.

I wish I had video of him hitting driver off the deck, which happened no less than 5 times over two rounds, including once out of a fairway bunker ?. He plays too fast to get on film!

Honored to have played two rounds with this gentleman
View attachment 8914485
I have no idea how you could set up like that. Incredible confidence

Great pictures and videos today guys. Really looked like a blast out there.

I have no idea how you could set up like that. Incredible confidence

We joked he was going to snap the head off his driver on a tee marker in Nashville.

We joked he was going to snap the head off his driver on a tee marker in Nashville.
Unless my eyes are playing tricks, that is very possible there! I'd never hit the ball but that's one way to maximize the tee box.

Still catching up on my own live event thread but wow what a weekend and will need do a full recap later. A great group of participants and I had a great time even with some bad weather on one day we made the best of it. @mmaynard11 ,@GraniteRoost @Parrot , @BigDill , and @Gaholfer had a blast with all of you. Special shout out to @BigDill For being our uber for the weekend and @Gaholfer (aka powerthrust) for transportation as well. Thank you @JB , @DannyLe , @BHGtylerb and @GolferGal for putting this event together it was truly something special and will never forget all the memories they made us feel like royalty all weekend. THP events are truly something special.
That’s exactly what a THP event is about. Nothing but memories and unbelievable times. One weekend together really can create bonds that last a lifetime! This was a great follow. Pictures and the videos make it feel like we are part of the experience!

Great updates, fellas! What a fantastic experience and so cool to see it’s coming back.

Made it home with my bags. Thanks, Delta.

I’ll have my recap up tomorrow. Such a great weekend. Thanks to all. I’m grateful for the experiences that we shared.

Back