The 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

I would b tempted to just leave the shaft flat black with no graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The profile design would b the fun & interesting aspect for me

So it’s been close to 24 hours since guys started getting their testor shafts. Any initial thoughts?

So it’s been close to 24 hours since guys started getting their testor shafts. Any initial thoughts?

Some issues being fixed with my setup, thanks a lot PING, I'll be in the convo here in the next couple days.

Some issues being fixed with my setup, thanks a lot PING, I'll be in the convo here in the next couple days.

That sucks but understandable.

Booo!! Hopefully you get to testing soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll break the ice...

That shaft is not for me. Feels like XXX flex.
How so? What was the flight? Think the spin was too low? What in particular about the feel felt too stout, in the hands, loading, through the zone?

Inquiring minds want to know! Should be a fun convo!

Its embarrassing but I had a hard time getting it to release at impact. I hit a lot of shots just off the ground. I tried a couple things and hit it very high, but almost like there was no compression/spin flight or something.

I game a hzdrus x 60 smoke yellow and its spot on. This is really far off from it.

It feels like I'm swinging plywood and feels like that on impact too.

Its embarrassing but I had a hard time getting it to release at impact. I hit a lot of shots just off the ground. I tried a couple things and hit it very high, but almost like there was no compression/spin flight or something.

I game a hzdrus x 60 smoke yellow and its spot on. This is really far off from it.

Nothing AT ALL embarrassing about that dude, thats the point of this journey, documenting those things and having the feedback to really provide DB and the crew with a way to make something that truly does work for you.

dude that is perfect feedback. It's honest and actually something that would invoke conversation with DB when your time comes to sit down and built your design. Dont get discouraged at all because it doesn't sync with you right away. Hell it may never sync with you and as long as you say why it doesn't, you'll end up with something that you'll truly like because you've eliminated what you dont out of it.

also smoke yellow is counter balanced so mention that in your notes.

I played my nighttime league 9 with the hzrdus yellow back in. Night and day.

Great ball flight and launch, great feel.

So.......... now what?

So.......... now what?
IMO, keep messing with it to build a list of thoughts on flight and feels. The more info you can give DB, the better the end result is going to be. Thats part of the fun journey with this one for sure.

So.......... now what?

thats the beauty of this once in a lifetime experience, whats next is up to you. Keep playing it and see what happens tomorrow. Take notes on the good and bad then decide if it's a good fit for you.

IMO, keep messing with it to build a list of thoughts on flight and feels. The more info you can give DB, the better the end result is going to be. Thats part of the fun journey with this one for sure.

That is exactly right. It is not about a shaft that fits you. Its about finding every aspect of that shaft that you would change to make a 1 of a kind perfect shaft.

Making a legit one of a kind shaft is just insane to think about still.

Making a legit one of a kind shaft is just insane to think about still.
Absolutely! I cannot believe how amazing this opportunity is.

I’m also very much looking forward to receiving my test shaft and giving it a try!

HAHA!

I’ve played one specific shaft that felt just like this...

@Tenputt looking forward to your thoughts.

I remember our conversations around you finding the right shaft for your MC driver. Really excited to read/see what you end up building as your one off shaft.

Back