The 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

I have had a lot of success with my Cobra F9 driver from the Morgan Cup, but on multiple occasions through the year, I have hit a few different drivers for a round or two or in the golf shop on a launch monitor. I have consistently seen the highest ball speed from the Epic Flash Sub Zero. I wavered quite a bit because launch monitor numbers don’t often translate for me for whatever reason, but I decided to pick one up and am going to bring it to the event. This is risky, bringing something brand new with which I am not familiar, but at this point in my life, 3 or 4 mph ball speed is significant. If I can get it dialed in with the perfect shaft for me, I might have a monster driver on my hands.

Long answer...

So you’re testing on a epic flash SZ or the F9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What drivers is everyone using for testing this year?

Anthony C - TS4
Jman - Ping 410
TenPutt - Epic Flash SZ
YukonLiving - M3
LSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT yo!

Hahaha! :LOL:

Got in another 18 and I now am forming some definite ideas about what I want in my shaft. I definitely want to lower the flight some. I also don’t want to feel quite a much kick through the strike zone.

This process is a ton of fun. I feel very lucky to be in this event.

Got in another 18 and I now am forming some definite ideas about what I want in my shaft. I definitely want to lower the flight some. I also don’t want to feel quite a much kick through the strike zone.

This process is a ton of fun. I feel very lucky to be in this event.

I completely echo your comment - I’m loving the process and feel infinitely lucky to have this opportunity!

I’m also really enjoying how different everyone feels about the tester shaft and looking forward to seeing what all these perceptions mean!

Played another round after work tonight and did some more testing. Firstly, it was cold. 4 degrees Celsius (39 F) so I’m sure that played a factor somehow. Still good to get out though!

I’m starting to get used to this shaft, I think. On shots where I measured distance, I was surprisingly consistent: 255 yards, 255 yards and 256 yards. The first two probably could have rolled out a couple yards but with the rain we got yesterday, the ground was SUPER soft and my ball did it’s best drill impression.

Flight was still high, and I needed to take speed off my swing to get the ball to go straight. Same as last round, I played two tee shots when I pulled driver with the first being around 75% power and the second flirting with 95%.

I was happy with weight again and don’t think I’d change anything there, but I’m left wondering about that torque vs flex thing and I’m struggling to determine which it is that I’m feeling.

I did have a couple ugly mis-hits tonight. One was because I teed it too low trying to get flight down and the other was just a bad swing. We let a group play through and I got cold.

I really need to work on design ideas. I think I’ve settled on colours at least! And I have a few elements in mind, but I don’t know how they’re going to be implemented/included. We’ll see.

Tomorrow begins Small Batch Experience week.

I got some more time on mine yesterday and I’ll have another write up later this evening. Hoping for another solid range session on it all too before I hop on a plane Wednesday.

I have some thoughts of what I want to change, kind of, but I need to see the numbers again before I’m clear I’m being crazy or not.

Looking forward to this event thread!

I got some more time on mine yesterday and I’ll have another write up later this evening. Hoping for another solid range session on it all too before I hop on a plane Wednesday.

I have some thoughts of what I want to change, kind of, but I need to see the numbers again before I’m clear I’m being crazy or not.
:rockon:

Haha, its the curse of being a numbers guy nowadays. Sometimes I miss the simpler times.

Or not.

LOL!
You're not alone man. I always want some sort of data to back up what I'm thinking as well. I put my tester on a LM a few times too. Couldn't help myself. :D

GG and I are off to CA tomorrow for the week as we will be working leading up to the event.
Glad she gets to go to this one with me, she hasn't been to a PX event previously.

You're not alone man. I always want some sort of data to back up what I'm thinking as well. I put my tester on a LM a few times too. Couldn't help myself. :D
Its funny, because the data is REALLY good, and visually higher than I'm used to hitting the ball so my mind tells me "too high!" but I've never hit the ball high enough off the tee to truly be able to say that hahahaha

GG and I are off to CA tomorrow for the week as we will be working leading up to the event.
Glad she gets to go to this one with me, she hasn't been to a PX event previously.
Safe travels! Can't wait to see you guys. If you're up in LA, give me a shout.

Safe travels! Can't wait to see you guys. If you're up in LA, give me a shout.

We look forward to seeing you as well.
But no LA for us...

So excited for the group this year. This is such a special event.

The weather is looking super. Can’t wait to meet up with everyone.

Whoa whoa whoa. No “W” talk just yet.

Whoa whoa whoa. No “W” talk just yet.

whoops. I always forget that big no no with these events. ?

Back