The 2019 Small Batch Experience with Project X

Some GREAT feedback in here this weekend gents!

I think it’s pretty awesome that some of us are clicking with it so well and others aren’t, it means there are going to be some pretty awesomely different custom shafts made here soon.

I want to bring back up for those guys struggling what was mentioned by previous event goers, don’t be afraid to go hit more PX offerings or just have examples of shafts that have worked really well for you in the past as DB really is a mad scientist and will help you create something that does work, even if the tester doesn’t!

One thing I hadn’t noticed that’s been mentioned in here is the shaft feeling more skinny in diameter. Now I have to go get it out of the Tahoe and over analyze that since it’s in my head now, thanks a lot guys! Hahahaha

I can check that out tomorrow in the Lab if you need as well.

I can check that out tomorrow in the Lab if you need as well.
Heeeeeeeck yeah!

If you want to frequency it too.......:devilish:

I finally got out for 18 holes with the tester shaft. I hit driver on 11 holes and hit the fw 6 times. Long drive of the day was 287 yards. I don’t have my A swing right now, but my initial thoughts continue to hold. The shaft launches well. I am hitting a lot of balls with more than acceptable spin. I love how the shaft feels.

Right now, the one thing I would probably change in my new shaft would be to lower the launch just a tad. If everything else could stay essentially the same with a little lower launch, I would have my perfect shaft.

Popped into the range for a quickie. MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH with the tester this morning. Will elaborate later.
Well??? We're waiting!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Popped into the range for a quickie. MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH with the tester this morning. Will elaborate later.

“Quickie,” “tester shaft”... Wow, I can’t wait for the report. :ROFLMAO:

Any earlier numbers on first ever possible screw up rolling a shaft this year? 5 potential candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any earlier numbers on first ever possible screw up rolling a shaft this year? 5 potential candidates.

Haven't really decided who yet, but I think this might be the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m decently nervous about that part! I was rolling tinfoil for baked potatoes tonight and this came to mind!

I like the confidence we got going on in here

I’m the one.

Guys!!! We are all going to kill it.

I am completely drawing a blank in regards to my big breakthrough today (I'm tired) and I didn't my notebook with me to write it down. It'll come back to me.

What I do know right now is that I was hitting the shaft much better today. I eased up a lot and kind of let it guide me, if that makes sense. Better distance (though still not what I want) and so much improvement in ball flight. I think in the 50 balls I hit, I only hooked one! What was interesting is that my best shots today came from setting up by addressing the club head about 6 inches behind the ball (see pic.) This is not something I do with my driver, and it felt weird - something to do with "hitting up" on the ball? I don't know. All I know is that change made the shaft go from feeling like a rock to something I can work with.

op-OHRAD2-Wy5x8-XU8c-Lq-BT18-Z-n-KDe9ix-Te-Ffg6wz-Lf-Kni-Pr-ILHdi-YRy-Ldei-Quy-Sh-R0-PLk-T-bjwr-Hhwi367bt-BTy-GLXbgh-Tj-E7-Ukm-Jss-X4fm-Ne-r-GOkj4f6-LICa-Yt-Nnja-ETMn3e-Ua-XBl-JMMUg-YBb8-Njw-Yej-Av-Pd-f-Y9-Ebl1-c-Hq5y-As7-KIIm-O1t-Sdn-4-JLq8c-Wy-YZDcwg-CP3eab-myrd9-YUbw-J2-A6t-QZq-j-Vp-GOFwceic7-CUg-ZVwgq-X-OQ8t-Rm-M.jpg

The spin still seems to be way too high for me, as more than half of the balls (good or bad) were total drop and stop.

My takeaway from today is that I think I need more torque, and less flex.

*forgive the dead grass in the pic. This is the sunday set up at my club. They don't want a bunch of drunk weekend warrior yahoos tearing up the good turf.

For all those thinking you might be the one, try to avoid basing your shaft on the HZRDUS red. It’s a ton of flags.

For all those thinking you might be the one, try to avoid basing your shaft on the HZRDUS red. It’s a ton of flags.

Spoken like someone who has done this before...

The fiber glass flag looks cool though.

So it’s closing in, almost a week before you guys arrive in SD and meet DB and Larry and of course JB and The Boss. What’s the biggest thing that you are looking forward to? If this is your first event what ideas are running through your mind about attending your first event?

So it’s closing in, almost a week before you guys arrive in SD and meet DB and Larry and of course JB and The Boss. What’s the biggest thing that you are looking forward to? If this is your first event what ideas are running through your mind about attending your first event?

First event with no tapatalk
Some fun things DB and I have talked about.
First Live Update thread on the new forum

First event with no tapatalk
Some fun things DB and I have talked about.
First Live Update thread on the new forum

That’s a lot of firsts and going to be pretty dang sweet.

I had the extremely good fortune of attending my first event earlier this year, the Morgan Cup, so I know how awesome these things are. The biggest thing I look forward to is actually meeting other forum members and making new friends. I am also pretty stoked to see how a shaft is made. And, let’s face it. This is not exactly a bad time to be visiting San Diego. It’s all going to be great.

Back