EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Man, I’ve been traveling so I haven’t been able to weigh in a lot, but the discussion over the last few days has been awesome. Being captain or assistant captain for the GD would be a huge honor and responsibility for anyone. I was lucky to have a great cap and am ever thankful for that. It is a lot to take on...the Grandaddy seems to bring out the best in most people.
I think this board has a lot of good people. Kind of weeds itself out IMO. Good communities generally make people improve their attitude to be a part of them or they frustrate people that want to cause problems and they quit.

I hope this doesn't cause JB heartburn but here's a question for everyone. If you were among the five finalist for the Captain's spot would you want to know about it? Would it be better to know you were in the running or would it hurt too much to know you were that close but weren't picked?

No. If I knew, then I’d be wondering what I could have done better etc. Not knowing, I can just be my snarky self and not know any better :)

So if we are talking pizza choices and breakfast options as part of the consideration for the team, I am throwing my options out there

Pizza - ham and pineapple
Breakfast - toast

Fingers crossed that gets me at least considered for a place on the team :ROFLMAO:

2 years ago, we made a change to instead of choosing a staff member as a captain, we would choose a forum member.
@tequila4kapp and @McLovin were amazing and in some ways restored my faith in humanity :ROFLMAO:
Wow, not as entertaining as I thought. I was thinking I was going to go back 3 years and find Captain Trainwreck ;)

Wow, not as entertaining as I thought. I was thinking I was going to go back 3 years and find Captain Trainwreck ;)
Must be a story behind that one.

I hope this doesn't cause JB heartburn but here's a question for everyone. If you were among the five finalist for the Captain's spot would you want to know about it? Would it be better to know you were in the running or would it hurt too much to know you were that close but weren't picked?
I would definitely want to know if I was in the running. For one your name made it to that list, because you were thought of as one who would do the event the justice it deserves.
Remember there will be plenty of contests again this year, if you don't enter you won't make the team. I know it can leave you feeling down when a contest ends and you don't make it, but continue to try.
It truly is the ultimate of events for us and a life changing experience.
Heck yes folks...never give up on the contests & process if you don't get selected for one, two, three or ten of the contests. I remember when I was selected to participate for the Morgan Cup, it occurred on the last contest. So there is always hope!!!

I would definitely want to know if I was in the running. For one your name made it to that list, because you were thought of as one who would do the event the justice it deserves.
Heck yes folks...never give up on the contests & process if you don't get selected for one, two, three or ten of the contests. I remember when I was selected to participate for the Morgan Cup, it occurred on the last contest. So there is always hope!!!
Good to know. Thanks

Good to know. Thanks
Remember there is always a shot until the last contest is over. You never know when your name is going to be called, but when it does...enjoy the ride!

I would want to know for sure, what an honor to just be considered.

We will be announcing the captain of the 2020 Grandaddy Team in the PGA Show Live Update Thread this year.
We will NOT be contacting that person ahead of time to let them know they have been selected. :oops:

We will be announcing the captain of the 2020 Grandaddy Team in the PGA Show Live Update Thread this year.
We will NOT be contacting that person ahead of time to let them know they have been selected. :oops:

Wowza! That is exciting. I have a few names in mind.. will be interesting to see who it is.

thousands of THPers click 'record' hahahaha

YES!

Great twist to the process! Love it, love it, love it.

That’s awesome!

Oooooo very exciting!!!

That's going to be unreal!!! I think the show coverage may have record viewership this year.

Oh man.....This is a great idea and one that I didn't think would be this soon. There will be one insanely happy THPer next week.

Wow this will be awesome for sure.

Ohhhh snap!!! Let's go guys!!! This is going to be fun to watch!

man, pga show just got whole lot more interesting!!!

Haha Yes! This is gonna be great!

Back