EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I hope this doesn't cause JB heartburn but here's a question for everyone. If you were among the five finalist for the Captain's spot would you want to know about it? Would it be better to know you were in the running or would it hurt too much to know you were that close but weren't picked?

I’ve thrown my name in the hat before, and maybe my answer would have been different then. This year I’d absolutely prefer to know since I think the first few months of the year look to be a little busy and don’t see how I could possibly do a decent job early on. I don’t think captaincy is something to be taken lightly- wouldn’t want to take a spot from someone who would be able to perform the function better.

I wouldn’t mind having a vote though haha. Always have opinions, and modesty aside have a pretty good read on who would make a good captain.

There's absolutely no way I would be a captain but I am stoked to find out who is! (and maybe get to play for them!!)

This is going to be an Epic or should I say Mavrik announcement on the live thread.

We will be announcing the captain of the 2020 Grandaddy Team in the PGA Show Live Update Thread this year.
We will NOT be contacting that person ahead of time to let them know they have been selected. :oops:

life-changing for someone...awesome way to do it

Nice little twist this year!

SO STOKED THIS IS BACK! Excited to see who gets the captain spot, good luck to all of those eligible

Wow that's going to be an awesome reveal!

revealing the GRANDADDY Captain!

Good chicken dropped in here. Looking forward to seeing who’s picking up the torch!

We will be announcing the captain of the 2020 Grandaddy Team in the PGA Show Live Update Thread this year.
We will NOT be contacting that person ahead of time to let them know they have been selected. :oops:

The viewership for that thread just went up exponentially.

Wow... Going to be a must follow...

THP always upping the ante! This is so cool and the ‘19 team can’t wait to find out who the Cap will be.

Whoever it is, that person will have our full support and I’ll be there to help in anyway needed. Such a special event and can’t wait to find out who will get to experience 2020!

just reading backwards from today.....:oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wow.

Just wow.

Talk about droppign a bomb on someone. (y)

Good chicken dropped in here. Looking forward to seeing who’s picking up the torch!

It’s all good, I’m picking up what you’re putting down brother!

It's nuts that it's been over a year since I was lucky enough to take part in this event yet I guarantee I've thought about it every single day since then. The impact this event has is absolutely unreal and it's awesome to think a whole new group is about to start being assembled.

It's nuts that it's been over a year since I was lucky enough to take part in this event yet I guarantee I've thought about it every single day since then. The impact this event has is absolutely unreal and it's awesome to think a whole new group is about to start being assembled.

Seeing your love for The Grandaddy in action has been special. So much you've done behind the scenes to keep the excitement flowing and honor what we experienced. You rep the G well my dude!

Seeing your love for The Grandaddy in action has been special. So much you've done behind the scenes to keep the excitement flowing and honor what we experienced. You rep the G well my dude!

It’s time to get the band back together!! #TheGrandaddyFiles

Not that I could even begin to predict who the GD Captain will be, I am still compiling a mental list of who I think might fit the bill. Here are some of my personal, and therefore irrelevant, requirements:

1. First, and foremost, must represent what THP and this community is all about. In other words, it's got to be a true THPer.

2. Must be a leader. Someone who can rally the troops and support, encourage, and channel all the different personalities that make up the team into a cohesive unit.

What else belong here? Able to drink Luke under the table?

Not that I could even begin to predict who the GD Captain will be, I am still compiling a mental list of who I think might fit the bill. Here are some of my personal, and therefore irrelevant, requirements:

1. First, and foremost, must represent what THP and this community is all about. In other words, it's got to be a true THPer.

I think you posted the rough draft of your list :D

Back